Really!! What can any other tablet do that playbook can't. Please don't recite mantra it's slower, not as many apps, and you can't use netflix etc websites. Who the hell cares for majority users?. Playbook is a quality sturdy tablet. I can drop it and still use it I can access my email, cruise websites, watch videos, listen to all my music, use gps , play chess play games etc etc ETC ETC ETC aud nauseum. JUST LIKE THE MYRIAD OF OTHER TABLETS. What gives.?? Why do you hate playbook so much? I'm starting to think it is only a myriad of playbook laid off employees who post here and have lost their401k.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 02:56 PM
    Let it go man.
    08-10-14 02:59 PM
    Not turned my PB on in months since I got a Nexus 7.

Yes it still does most things, some of them adequately, others painfully slow.

I could still use an old 386 PC with Windows 3.1 to do most things, but life is too short. I lived my PB, but technology advances. If it still meets your needs great.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.296
    08-10-14 03:02 PM
    When I bought my tablet my thinking was why the hell pay $650.00 for a tablet when a $145.00 will do more.
    08-10-14 03:19 PM
    Reason I posted this. I just got a nexus 7. It has all the bells and whistles. But it doesnt do anything a playbook can't. I am just asking. Nexus 7 is newer, more sexy, probably faster, has some apps that can't be sideloadedto pb but not worth the xtra effort I'm returning

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 03:40 PM
    Other tablets will get OS updates )

Check out my new channel, Game logic : C0033A1A3
    08-10-14 03:50 PM
    Just let it go and be happy that the PlayBook was the development platform that eventually matured to BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    08-10-14 03:51 PM
    Who cares about uldatea??? Playbook still works

Posted via CB10
    castoridae, seluje and IFCArea51 like this.
    08-10-14 03:59 PM
    Only PlayBook Haters Please Respond-49313068.jpg

Posted via CB10 - Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247/Telus
    jsmenard1 likes this.
    08-10-14 03:59 PM
    Sorry. Who cares about updates??? Playbook still works

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 04:00 PM
    Only PlayBook Haters Please Respond-crazy-subway-guy-path.jpg
    castoridae likes this.
    08-10-14 04:49 PM
    Just let it go and be happy that the PlayBook was the development platform that eventually matured to BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    Tell that to the company in Ontario that invested heavily in the BlackBerry PlayBook as an integral part of its law enforcement products, specifically the police cruiser controlled by a BlackBerry PlayBook. Where is that car these days?
    08-10-14 04:53 PM
    Bought one a few months ago, just because i wanted one. What a huge mistake this thing is horrible, apple sure wins this competition.
    08-10-14 04:56 PM
    Still happy with my PlayBook purchase.

Sincerely PlayBook Lover

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Last edited by Heinz Katchup; 08-10-14 at 05:28 PM.
    08-10-14 05:00 PM
    I am going to respond anyway. I bought a Playbook about a year and a half ago, basically to function as a larger screen, first for my Style, then for my Q10. It works great for that, whether it is reading the New York times in the morning, or using DocsToGo for the many email attachments I get for the many emails I receive that relate to biotech. Once the Passport is released I expect that will replace both the Q10 and the Playbook. My wife has an iPad air, and she loves that, but mostly she likes to play games, surf Facebook, that sort of thing. She would find the Playbook useless, while I could use her toy every bit as effectively as my Playbook. Where all tablets leave me frustrated, including the iPads, is that the one indulgence I would care about would be to use one as a digital sheet music library. I've seen kids using iPads for that, buy my aging eyes want something bigger, so that gets into a screen size about what I have for my laptop, but with slightly less processing power. So, if you are satisfied with "hating" all tablets because none of them do exactly what I want one for, you should be ecstatic right now.
    08-10-14 05:11 PM
    No one, in the responses so far has said NADA,,,NUNCA,,, NOTHING about what can any newer tablet can give the user that playbook doesn't offer .??? Speed???, a few more apps, and watching netflix doesn' t count. (tapping my foot waiting for a reasoned, logical, response)...

Posted via CB10
    Omahahaha and jtv1 like this.
    08-10-14 05:23 PM
    Bought one a few months ago, just because i wanted one. What a huge mistake this thing is horrible, apple sure wins this competition.
    Hater!! Baaaaaa

Posted via CB10
    dazzleaj likes this.
    08-10-14 05:34 PM
    Have flash mobs died out? That was a much more effective way of getting attention. But you'll need some friends...
    08-10-14 06:00 PM
    No one, in the responses so far has said NADA,,,NUNCA,,, NOTHING about what can any newer tablet can give the user that playbook doesn't offer .??? Speed???, a few more apps, and watching netflix doesn' t count. (tapping my foot waiting for a reasoned, logical, response)...

Posted via CB10
    You are not going to get one. It does reflects the tablet market is as fragmented as the cell phone market. Not one manufacturer is capable or willing to adopt the best features from all makers. People get all rile up when their BlackBerry phones get diss left right and center yet behave the same towards those who love their Playbooks as is. Something about throwing stone at the glass houses.

Posted via CB10
    bbmtna likes this.
    08-10-14 06:09 PM
    I always say to myself, "I am going to buy an Android tablet to replace my playbook primarily because of the browser". Well, I go online, I check the reviews, I see the videos and I see how they test the browsers and find them to download content really slow, just like the playbooks browser. So, I dont even bother getting a new one. I rather wait for my playbook to die or for more powerful tablets to come out.
    08-10-14 07:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    You really showed us all. Now that I understand that netflix does not count I love my playbook. Chen should order another production run. I guess you are tapping your foot because arms are wrapped up in that long sleeve jacket.
    08-10-14 07:23 PM
    I'm not a PlayBook hater, I have a 64GB PlayBook and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and I'm sorry but my Tab 3 is 10x better, my playbook doesn't get touched.

Also the lag on the PlayBook keyboard, browser and most stock apps is pretty awful.

I love Blackberry and my Z30 but the PlayBook was just never as good as it 'could' of been

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and neo158 like this.
    08-10-14 07:24 PM
    Honestly it's three and a half years old. Salute the fact it's still useable after all that time, but it's ancient in tablet terms.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes, kbz1960, cman5 and 1 others like this.
    08-10-14 07:39 PM
    Who the hell cares for majority users?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, screw the majority users out there
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-10-14 07:41 PM
    I'm not a PlayBook hater, I have a 64GB PlayBook and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and I'm sorry but my Tab 3 is 10x better, my playbook doesn't get touched.

Also the lag on the PlayBook keyboard, browser and most stock apps is pretty awful.

I love Blackberry and my Z30 but the PlayBook was just never as good as it 'could' of been

Posted via CB10
    I dont find a lag in my keyboard. The lag is upon starting the apps which takes 3 seconds the most? I believe I still do find my playbook useful, granted, I dont care for netflix or games. I just want my documents, emails and the browser. oh and music and videos which play fine in it.
    08-10-14 07:45 PM
244 123 ...