The user who started this post is trying to justify how bad this device is. Speed is a major component of why people upgrade. Why else would we upgrade out phones? Newer, faster, better. With that said if i can browse the web faster, why not switch from BB Playbook to a better, faster device? If I can open email attachments faster, why not switch from BB Playbook to a better, faster device? If one allows me to use more apps, why not switch from BB Playbook to a better faster device? Isnt being versatile something good?
    You say who cares about updates? Seriously????? You honestly believe that this piece of garbage can compete with the countless other options of tablets out there? I am not a Playbook hater, but I am a Blackberry Corporate hater. They dropped development on the Playbook and left everyone who purchased one with a sense of "Well we can do what we want so deal with it."
    brianatbb likes this.
    09-02-14 01:49 PM
    Hi Kermed, I have a question regarding removal of Version numbers from BAR files. Can you help me with this? I am working on a project regarding installation of BB10 apps on PB Dev 10. So far, I ha r successfully installed about four apps from BB10 and they run, but I would like to try the browser from BB10. Can you help out with this?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I haven't done it in a long, long, long time. Unfortunately.

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-04-14 09:22 AM

BB10 may be wonderful, but 99% of consumers will never know or care. Not a recipe for success and that is on BlackRimberry because they continue to operate as if the opinions, wants or needs of the consumer don't matter.
    Just me maybe but the bbry flaws and ratio of users in the market is a bit irrelevant as this discussion is happening on a BlackBerry fan site... Which means, for the purpose of this thread, closer to 60 percent user base in the discussion. Unless I missed something?

Bbry and userbase don't really have much of an impact from a PlayBook perspective imo. There are more critical issues - like not being supported or manufactured.

Posted via CB from my LE
    castoridae likes this.
    09-04-14 09:26 AM
    I bought a coffee machine 6 years ago and it still makes coffee, but I 'm not using it any more...

Posted via CB10
    brianatbb likes this.
    12-17-14 03:28 AM
    I understand you replaced your coffee maker with a newer model with a better screen, more on-board memory and more fun apps to play with?
    12-17-14 04:20 AM
    With my playbook i can:
    Use Bbm , sms and answer calls via bridge
    Chat with others on playbook or other bb10
    Facebook, Twitter
    Access SharePoint on corporate network via work browser
    Remotely connect to pcs/servers on a network
    Stream audio
    Hdmi to a television and use my bb10 as a remote
    Download directly on device any movie, song, file, picture and move, modify even delete without the aid of an additional software.......call it iTunes for example.
    My browser has flash....is it super fast.....really doesn't need to be.
    Contacts
    Calendar
    Some good games....enough to keep the family happy
    For more games, we have toys like ipad or android but they get boring.

Enough said....

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport on the Bell network
    12-17-14 05:18 AM
    Well said. Enjoy your Passport/PlayBook combo. It sounds a great match!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    jtv1 likes this.
    12-17-14 09:00 AM
    For more games, we have toys like ipad or android but they get boring.

Enough said....

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport on the Bell network
    I thought you made a few fair points until you went down the fanboy route.

Grow up, there's no need for that now is there...
    WorldwideRemix and awindsr like this.
    12-18-14 10:40 AM
    I thought you made a few fair points until you went down the fanboy route.

Grow up, there's no need for that now is there...

Grow up, there's no need for calling anyone a fanboy?
    jtv1 likes this.
    12-18-14 11:38 AM
    Wow surprised there are still so many Playbook lovers. As for me, I had 2 of them but they have been e-wasted.
    brianatbb likes this.
    12-18-14 12:24 PM
    I have a playbook 64gb. Did not touch it for the last 3 years until now. I upgraded to its new OS, to think the lack and slowness of the PB will improved. But I was wrong. The PB was slow and still left behind. I don't even have any songs, pictures, and apps on this thing, yet it functions like it's running an old 1999 computer. This device is really dead. I have an RCA tablet that I bought last black friday for $49 bucks and it's freakin faster than my PB. Why BlackBerry!!!??? Why!!!???

PB back to the box where you belong..

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    12-18-14 12:47 PM
    Lol, yeah this thing is crazy slow. Everyone justifies their PlayBook uses the same as we all did years ago and it has not changed. I used to think the same but as others have mentioned, times have changed as well as my needs/wants. I love BlackBerry and BB10 and it weren't for BB10 having the ability to run Droid apps, I would have jumped ship.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    12-18-14 09:17 PM
    I hate my Playbook because it's so well built it will never break. I hate my Playbook because it multi-tasks, my PB hating brain can only use one app at a time. I hate my Playbook because the cameras can capture in 1080p, I like 640x480vga. I hate my Playbook because it has stereo speakers in front. I hate my PB because it plays flash, who wants all that extra content. I hate my PB because it has no buttons in front, just have to use those silly gestures. I hate my PB because it lets me watch its output on a large screen tv, I love to squint on the 7" screen. I hate my PB because it has excellent GPS. I hate my Playbook because in July 2012 I got a new 16gig + 3 year warranty + tax for $170. I really should have paid the $700. for the same configuration. But that's what hate will get you.
    Fire In The Bones and jtv1 like this.
    12-19-14 06:09 AM
    I hate my Playbook because it's so well built it will never break. I hate my Playbook because it multi-tasks, my PB hating brain can only use one app at a time. I hate my Playbook because the cameras can capture in 1080p, I like 640x480vga. I hate my Playbook because it has stereo speakers in front. I hate my PB because it plays flash, who wants all that extra content. I hate my PB because it has no buttons in front, just have to use those silly gestures. I hate my PB because it lets me watch its output on a large screen tv, I love to squint on the 7" screen. I hate my PB because it has excellent GPS. I hate my Playbook because in July 2012 I got a new 16gig + 3 year warranty + tax for $170. I really should have paid the $700. for the same configuration. But that's what hate will get you.
    Ok
    12-19-14 09:35 AM
    Ok
    Well, yeah. For all those reasons, and many more.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 10:27 AM
    Reason I posted this. I just got a nexus 7. It has all the bells and whistles. But it doesnt do anything a playbook can't. I am just asking. Nexus 7 is newer, more sexy, probably faster, has some apps that can't be sideloadedto pb but not worth the xtra effort I'm returning

Posted via CB10
    Thanked the comment by mistake. You say it's not worth the extra effort, yet the PlayBook is the device that requires the extra effort. Side loading is an extra effort. What extra effort is involved with the Nexus 7?!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, jtv1 and brianatbb like this.
    12-19-14 02:11 PM
    Really!! What can any other tablet do that playbook can't. Please don't recite mantra it's slower, not as many apps, and you can't use netflix etc websites. Who the hell cares for majority users?. Playbook is a quality sturdy tablet. I can drop it and still use it I can access my email, cruise websites, watch videos, listen to all my music, use gps , play chess play games etc etc ETC ETC ETC aud nauseum. JUST LIKE THE MYRIAD OF OTHER TABLETS. What gives.?? Why do you hate playbook so much? I'm starting to think it is only a myriad of playbook laid off employees who post here and have lost their401k.

Posted via CB10

Only PlayBook Haters Please Respond-crackberry-image-2-.jpg
    12-19-14 02:18 PM
    Thanked the comment by mistake. You say it's not worth the extra effort, yet the PlayBook is the device that requires the extra effort. Side loading is an extra effort. What extra effort is involved with the Nexus 7?!

Posted via CB10
    "Extra effort?" Sure, my wife may not be able to sideload, but it's really so easy a child could do it.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    12-19-14 02:37 PM
    Every morning I wake up to an alarm on the nightstand app. I hate my Playbook. While I am getting ready for work I listen to podcasts on my Playbook...wishing I had a day off. I hate my Playbook. I keep listening to podcasts on my too long commute to work. I hate my Playbook. At work I use three mission critical apps on my Playbook and wish I was home. I hate my Playbook. All the while this wretched device is chiming reminding me that I have emails to answer. I hate my Playbook. On the drive home, podcasts again. At home I finally have a chance to answer all the piled up emails and keep track of my forum reading with Tapatalk. M.mybank.com lets me pay bills. Score mobile lets me keep track of scores on fall Saturdays.

Yeah, I hate it...so much I have three of them.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    12-19-14 07:41 PM
    "Extra effort?" Sure, my wife may not be able to sideload, but it's really so easy a child could do it.

Posted via CB10
    Okay, I just meant in relation to your not worth the extra effort comment. I agree it's simple and straight forward to do, but it's still an extra step considering the app your side loading is probably already in the respective android app store.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 12:02 AM
    An additional plus to the Playbook is the fact that its Android runtime only accepts ancient/legacy Android apps.
    As such they could easily market the Playbook as a veritable Android museum..
    12-20-14 04:58 AM
    I hate my PB because it plays flash, who wants all that extra content.
    But what use is having flash when it runs so slowly that makes flash content unusable?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-20-14 03:27 PM
    getting back to the original post.
    I agree with the response above.

it is like asking tell me what you hate about this car. we already know it wont start sometimes , is slow and the doors won't open. give me other reasons.

the original questions with built in qualifiers is a ridiculous premise.

the playbook is old slow tech that has long since been left behind and orphaned by its owner, that has moved on. but it plods along ln its mediocrity.

I can afford a 1000 tablets ,but so what. has nothing to do with the question posed .

move on .
    12-22-14 07:50 AM
    Not turned my PB on in months since I got a Nexus 7.

Yes it still does most things, some of them adequately, others painfully slow.

I could still use an old 386 PC with Windows 3.1 to do most things, but life is too short. I lived my PB, but technology advances. If it still meets your needs great.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.296
    I also have recently purchased a 2013 Nexus 7. But not to replace my PlayBook, but because I love toys. 😀
    jtv1 likes this.
    12-22-14 08:18 PM
    Try developing apps for the PlayBook and... well, you'll quickly realize why there are so few apps for PB OS. BlackBerry deserve to have their noses rubbed in the excrement pile that was the PlayBook environment and they deserve a daily hiding for dropping BB10 on PB. Updating the OS could have kept the PB viable for a few years and kept fans happy but the Dumb & Dumber co-CEOs and their pet monkey Heins were too arrogant and stupid to realize this.
    jtv1 likes this.
    12-22-14 11:56 PM
244 ... 678910