- 11-26-12, 09:21 PM #4
After your wifi connects does the hotels web Page open for you to accept there usage agreement? My past experiences I remember getting some kind of error if I did not accept the terms of there usage agreement.
- 11-26-12, 11:32 PM #8
- 11-26-12, 11:53 PM #10
More info on the matter......... I believe I copied the link from the address bar and pasted it into the address bar on the simple browser. Copy the address that is in the bar when it asks about hotspot login for the hotels wifi.
- 11-27-12, 10:01 PM #13
Try connecting to the wifi on your phone and the bridging.
I know it sounds ridiculous but sometimes my Playbook can't get a WiFi signal but my phone can, so I turn on my BB Wifi, bridge my BB to the PB and then use the internet.
Works especially well for places with spotty WiFi.
- 11-27-12, 11:33 PM #15
only connects to wifi when I'm at home?
Use manual DNS entries:
Those are Google DNS and Open DNS which are both very good.
You can manually edit the WiFi config to use these. It eliminates one factor at least in terms of potential issues.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
- CrackBerry Addict
11-28-12, 12:00 AM #16
- 517 Posts
And speaking of hotels, two weeks ago I had problems connecting to the wifi, the password wasn't being accepted. Then only when the hotspot login came up, I realized I was picking up the wifi of the hotel next door! Worked fine once I got that sorted out.
Last edited by oilgeo10; 11-28-12 at 12:15 AM.
- By redryder in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 10Last Post: 03-05-12, 05:43 PM
- By devilish47 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 12-11-10, 06:03 PM
- By cbr600f4i2 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 01-16-10, 06:00 PM
- By fayiama in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-31-09, 11:52 AM
- By mediyoga in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 5Last Post: 01-12-09, 11:06 PM