Yes, I have nothing better to do than complain about the "muzak" that Rim pipes in when placed on hold by the support staff. I have had enough kettle drum or whatever to last a lifetime of support calls.

I have to presume that they hope you will hang up when presented with the repeitious kettle drum refrain while waiting on hold!

With that, I must say I'm duly impressed by the speed of the RMA dept and Fedex. I called last Thurs for rma authorization. The box to ship back my pb was on my porch before noon the next day.

I finally packed it up and delivered it to a small Fedex joint yesterday morning although Fedex pickup was not till 4:30pm Pacific Time. It hit Tenn this morning.

Now I just have to hope that Repair believes that 48 hour standby life is not normal and finds something to tweak or fix.
    05-17-12 05:16 PM
    My experience with their hold music was this great salsa thing, I had to put it on speaker so that my wife and I could have a li'l dance, THEN they have the unmitigated gall to answer

Well ok, so they fixed the problem I was having in a very efficient and courteous manner Sheesh
    05-17-12 08:19 PM
    Yes, I have nothing better to do than complain about the "muzak" that Rim pipes in when placed on hold by the support staff. I have had enough kettle drum or whatever to last a lifetime of support calls.

I have to presume that they hope you will hang up when presented with the repeitious kettle drum refrain while waiting on hold!

With that, I must say I'm duly impressed by the speed of the RMA dept and Fedex. I called last Thurs for rma authorization. The box to ship back my pb was on my porch before noon the next day.

I finally packed it up and delivered it to a small Fedex joint yesterday morning although Fedex pickup was not till 4:30pm Pacific Time. It hit Tenn this morning.

Now I just have to hope that Repair believes that 48 hour standby life is not normal and finds something to tweak or fix.
    Been waiting on my RMA box over a week now. Is there a site where you can check your incident number?
    05-17-12 09:24 PM
    SUPPOSEDLY:

https://consumersupport.webapps.blac....jsp?locale=en

Enter your serial number. Then you have to find the right links - possibly support, rma or something like that. The one time it worked, it showed when they shipped the empty rma box and when I received it. Did you get an email with the rma pdf info?

It ONLY worked one time.

Each time I call and am placed on hold and hear Kettle Drums.... they claim they have RE-established my support. But later when I try I then get an error - "your serial number is NOT eligible.... etc" This has now happened 3 times. I have a feeling a computer is over-riding their entry and throwing out my "extended tech support." So I cannot track the rma.
    05-17-12 09:55 PM
    It ONLY worked one time
    Don't be surprised if it bounces, you're better off calling
    05-17-12 10:09 PM
    SUPPOSEDLY:

https://consumersupport.webapps.blac....jsp?locale=en

Enter your serial number. Then you have to find the right links - possibly support, rma or something like that. The one time it worked, it showed when they shipped the empty rma box and when I received it. Did you get an email with the rma pdf info?

It ONLY worked one time.

Each time I call and am placed on hold and hear Kettle Drums.... they claim they have RE-established my support. But later when I try I then get an error - "your serial number is NOT eligible.... etc" This has now happened 3 times. I have a feeling a computer is over-riding their entry and throwing out my "extended tech support." So I cannot track the rma.
    It won't update until its shipped out from rma (my experience )
    Never had the other problem altho I checked multiple times a day when I rma mine.
    05-17-12 10:33 PM
    Music was fine when i called today to get my playbook issues dealt with. Service was great, she waived the support fee right away and even still processed my rma even though i admitted i was just past the one year warranty. although this was a developer device so i don't know if they can tell that from their end.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    05-17-12 10:51 PM
    I liked the music I hear when I called.. The past 2 times it was some fast passed classical type elevator music..lol.. Pretty cool tho
    05-17-12 11:13 PM
    Anytime I ever called RIM, the music playing while on hold was that one hit by The Coasters.
    05-17-12 11:31 PM
    I called a support line once to a third party vendor when I worked at a non-RIM touch company.

I was pleasantly surprised to listen to ACDC followed by Guns and Roses.

Never been so sad about a support person answering! I have to say though, I recommended that vendor a lot after that.
    05-18-12 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD