One of the best features of my BB phones were... Bedside mode! When you put your phone in your dock/charger and BOOM...

a beautiful clock.

Why doesn't the blackberry playbook have this feature? It seems that RIM is really not implementing some of the greatest features from BB phones onto their tablets.
    09-02-12 07:05 PM
    I use the Antair Nightstand App. Very slick animated alarm clock with weather integrated and even newsfeed if you want it. More than makes up for lack of a native bedside mode. IMO.
    09-02-12 07:24 PM
    I too have the Antair clock app. Its the best flip clock i could find for the PB.
    09-02-12 08:23 PM
    Yeah there is Antair Night Stand and another one FlipClock something.. Don't remember.. I don't use them.. Hvae just come across them while reading about..

The features don't get implemented cos with PB Tablet OS they started off from scratch and well with the current state of affairs they don't have the time / money / man power to perfect smaller things.. But I hope they rock the world with BB10..
    09-02-12 09:36 PM
    I use free version of Today's Alarm Clock. I took a screen capture from the PB demo video to make as background for this app. This app has talking time and weather when you cancel the alarm. It has local news feed, stocks and sports scores. Plus live streaming radio for alarm or your own mp3 file or internal alarm sounds with variable/gradual volume. I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting. Check it out.

Pretty cool alarm clock on the charging cradle.
    Last edited by Zildjian71; 09-02-12 at 11:55 PM.
    09-02-12 11:53 PM
    P You have to remember that the PB is really QNX in its very infancy, which is why some of features that we're all used to were not carried over to this platform. Have you forgotten the native email debacle? The same applies to some of the apps we have on our Berrys that we wish we had on the PB.
    09-03-12 09:55 AM
    P You have to remember that the PB is really QNX in its very infancy, which is why some of features that we're all used to were not carried over to this platform. Have you forgotten the native email debacle? The same applies to some of the apps we have on our Berrys that we wish we had on the PB.

Infancy really. Not.

Its just RIM being RIM. QNX had been around for years in other items.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    09-03-12 10:04 AM
    One of the best features of my BB phones were... Bedside mode! When you put your phone in your dock/charger and BOOM...

a beautiful clock.

Why doesn't the blackberry playbook have this feature? It seems that RIM is really not implementing some of the greatest features from BB phones onto their tablets.
    These are the types of concerns I have about bb10 when it comes on on the phone.
    09-03-12 10:29 AM
    Infancy really. Not.

Its just RIM being RIM. QNX had been around for years in other items.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    The QNX kernel has, the BB version with this ui/setup has only been around a few years

That's like saying houses have been around for billions of years just because we had rocks

I use flipclock on mine anyway, seems to do the trick. Will just have to cross our fingers for something native in BB10
    snarlybear likes this.
    09-03-12 11:29 AM
    I use Today's Alarm Clock. Every time I go to bed I start that up.
    09-03-12 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD