OK I'm sick and tired of pondering over whether I should get the BB Keyboard or not. I'm getting it and that's that!!!

Whew!! I feel better already.
    No more reading threads on it and wondering pros vs. cons - I'll figure it out on my own. It's just money, right?? I don't care if I even use the case as I already have the BB Convertible which I love. I have a neoprene case for the keyboard if I so choose to carry it that way.

BUT I am critical, so I will give a detailed review of it when it arrives, positive or negative. At $110 from shop.crackberry.com it'll be a fun review (rubbing hands with a sly smirk)

CAN'T WAIT
    05-09-12 05:37 PM
    I just ordered one an hour ago because of the 15% GrandOpening discount. I too now am wondering what I will do with the leather case that has been good to me

It's $95 not $110 lol
    cleveland216 likes this.
    05-09-12 05:44 PM
    i guess now is the right time to buy it, most of us made a mistake of pre-ordering it the day of release, two months later, we have not receive it ... some of us gave up and cancelled eventually. I bet its a good buy, and worth every penny, I'm sure you'll gon love it. Good luck

05-09-12 05:46 PM
    Well pre-ordering isn't bad they already handled the orders very well in first come first serve. So it's ok took a little bit longer but happens.
    05-09-12 05:50 PM
    Well pre-ordering isn't bad they already handled the orders very well in first come first serve. So it's ok took a little bit longer but happens.

two months is kinda extreme for me ...

05-09-12 05:52 PM
    Ugggh.. everyday people who pre-ordered have to keep waiting on their PlayBook it personally bugs me. Really appreciate everybody's patience on it. Such a weird product launch. All of the big distributors RIM normally works with thought they were getting the PlayBook just like any other product launch, and then RIM decided to do this exclusivity thing. So there was a lot of confusion. So glad the product is finally shipping... just need to catch up asap. I know our e-commerce teams are all over it everyday. Should be caught up soon.

Look forward to the user reviews on it. Like any new keyboard that's a bit tighter, takes some getting used to. Those who commit to it I think will grow to love it. Those who don't work through the initial getting used to it period won't like it as much.
    05-09-12 05:59 PM
    OK I'm sick and tired of pondering over whether I should get the BB Keyboard or not. I'm getting it and that's that!!!

Whew!! I feel better already.
    No more reading threads on it and wondering pros vs. cons - I'll figure it out on my own. It's just money, right?? I don't care if I even use the case as I already have the BB Convertible which I love. I have a neoprene case for the keyboard if I so choose to carry it that way.

BUT I am critical, so I will give a detailed review of it when it arrives, positive or negative. At $110 from shop.crackberry.com it'll be a fun review (rubbing hands with a sly smirk)

CAN'T WAIT
    Way to go. I can't wait to hear what you think about it. I probally won't ever get 1. First I really don't like ordering things even though I have. Sometimes its the only way. Secondly I've come accustom to using my tunbs to typing and not my fingers. I am curious as to how it does. I might get my dauhter one now that I think about it. She doesn't have a blackberry and I have let her use mu 9800 for bridge so she could she the keyboard. It would come in handy for that. Lol
    05-09-12 05:59 PM
    Ugggh.. everyday people who pre-ordered have to keep waiting on their PlayBook it personally bugs me. Really appreciate everybody's patience on it. Such a weird product launch. All of the big distributors RIM normally works with thought they were getting the PlayBook just like any other product launch, and then RIM decided to do this exclusivity thing. So there was a lot of confusion. So glad the product is finally shipping... just need to catch up asap. I know our e-commerce teams are all over it everyday. Should be caught up soon.

Look forward to the user reviews on it. Like any new keyboard that's a bit tighter, takes some getting used to. Those who commit to it I think will grow to love it. Those who don't work through the initial getting used to it period won't like it as much.

IMO, crackberry store should've not accepted pre orders in the first place, if RIM or whoever is not ready for public demands, kinda ruin the CB store image in one way or the other, BUT... my otterbox defender for PB has shipped already and looks like its on time sooo thats a plus for me ...

05-09-12 06:09 PM
    $95 - AWESOME!

I feel so many ways about it, especially feel bad for the early adopters. I typically am but the price stopped me. But in the end I hope it's worth everyone's wait. We're all here to support RIM. Thanks for your input Kevin
    I also feel the Playbook is pretty darn awesome at the current prices, so paying for an expensive keyboard might actually be worth it. Hehe, I'll be buying one soon as I leave this Indians game I'm attending
    05-09-12 07:30 PM
    I ordered mine mid March, so I'm in the queue! Shouldn't be too much longer, now that ShopCrackberry is getting them in.
    05-09-12 07:55 PM
    Wake me up when it's at half price and offered in real animal leather.
    jafobabe likes this.
    05-09-12 08:01 PM
    More like dried animal skin..
    05-09-12 08:06 PM
    The CB store is catching up. Pre-ordered on 3/15. Had e-mail from support in April that it RIM had not delivered the supply yet. Then after I saw the video with Kevin shipping the keyboards I received an e-mail that mine was shipping. It arrived yesterday. Unfortunately I was not part of the first 25 that received the button and autographed shipping box.

Another problem is that my wife liked the keyboard too much and took it over for her frequent meetings. Had to order another one. Hope this one doesn't take 2 months to arrive!
    05-09-12 08:26 PM
    Hi. I said it once before and i will say it again. The keyboard is nice, and types really well, the case on the other hand has issues. The buttons are hard to push and the little stand on the back stinks, it keeps falling over if you move it the slightest bit. And i'm sure you have all heard by now that the corner elastic strap covers the power button?
    As of now i am not using the case, i am using my old convertible case and storing the keyboard in the case that came with the pb
    There is no spell check with the keyboard attached without utilizing the tablets built in keyboard. And spell checking with the touch screen.
    Also the two finger scroll is WAY to sensitive, you touch the pad and it jumps to the bottom, its almost unusable. I find myself always reaching over and scrolling on the touchscreen.
    So as of now i have paid a 100 bucks for a keyboard, RIM should also sell these as a stand alone keyboard without the case, even a little cheaper for all of us that love the case we have.

I'm not complaining i sill have it, its just my review, thats what you asked for.

Thx Keith
    05-09-12 10:06 PM
    I personally like the case. Like Kevin said, it does take getting used to the form factor at first, but mostly everyone gets used to it in no time. It does have some cons, but none that prevent me from using it. I got it from the source the first week.. Charged it up and I'm still on the initial charge and it's been 1+ month..so they weren't kidding about that!
    05-09-12 10:29 PM
    'preciate it

Making good on my promise, just purchased the keyboard. I can't wait to see its shortcomings and then modding some case to make it fit my needs

If nothing else, I'll treat it like my convertible case. If it's anything like the converible case as far as taking the PB out and putting it in, I'll love the keyboard case.
    05-09-12 10:35 PM
    'preciate it

Making good on my promise, just purchased the keyboard. I can't wait to see its shortcomings and then modding some case to make it fit my needs

If nothing else, I'll treat it like my convertible case. If it's anything like the converible case as far as taking the PB out and putting it in, I'll love the keyboard case.
    It exactly like convertibles/leathers, just a little thicker with a foldout stand on the back and little flaps to hold the keyboard in place lol.
    05-10-12 12:16 AM
    I pre-ordered mine early with 2-day shipping so I got it on Tuesday. I loved it immediately! Even though I became fairly proficient using remote control from my 9930, having the mini keyboard is so much easier. I'm starting to touch type with few mistakes and am getting faster. I'm still looking for the tab key, though.
    05-10-12 02:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD