In an act of defiance towards "the competition", I have done my part and purchased two...not one, but two...more PB for personal use. That brings the total to three.

Now, what to do with them? Well...one is going to be strictly used for work. It's only a 16G, and that's plenty for work docs and such. My existing 64G will be for personal use, and toting around with music, movies, etc...

The third (16G) will stay at home as a backup for my work tablet, and for use as a media center to stream movies and music around the house.

The best part? Both 16G units are near new, and in perfect condition, as I bought them used, and I paid $225 for BOTH! That's $112.50 each, and one has a new case to boot!

I found them both on Craigslist, and would encourage everyone to check it out from time to time for some good deals. It appears that many people don't value the PB enough, and as far as I'm concerned, it's our gain, their loss.
    04-26-12 04:28 PM
    I'm not I understand. 3, 4 or more PBs if you like them... whilst I don't understand the need for more than one... you say you have done your part, an act of defiance towards the competition is where I am lost.

You purchased used devices in a private sale. How did RIM benefit from this?
    04-26-12 05:00 PM
    I'm not I understand. 3, 4 or more PBs if you like them... whilst I don't understand the need for more than one... you say you have done your part, an act of defiance towards the competition is where I am lost.

You purchased used devices in a private sale. How did RIM benefit from this?
    The point being that while so many are jumping ship to other tablets, PB users are getting great deals on new and used units to give to a family member, friend, use for themselves, etc...like I said...our gain, their loss.

I never said it would benefit RIM...it benefits ME, and continues to add more PB's into circulation, because they're not collecting dust in someone's closet.

More PB's mean more paid apps as well. Streamer and file manager apps, for instance.

I assume RIM wins there, with support for the developers in purchasing their apps.
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-26-12 05:24 PM
    I have looked a few times for an inexpensive addition to our 2 PB's. Can one ever have too many PB's? I don't think so.
    04-26-12 07:36 PM
    Good job if you like PlayBook that much and nothing wrong with buying what you want. Just make sure you get 3 of the next generation and you'll be supporting RIM to the point the fourth should be free
    04-26-12 07:39 PM
    U can get them cheap on those pay per bid sites too. Very few bid on them so they go for cheap.
    04-26-12 07:41 PM
    well played, very well played.

just got my first one myself. can't wait to learn more and more as time goes on!
    04-26-12 07:42 PM
    I wouldn't mind a second playbook... I find I'm always fighting for it once I'm home from work... Plus I like your idea of having one for different purposes... I'm finding my 16GB is always full as I juggle between work and play.
    04-26-12 07:55 PM
    I like my PlayBook and it goes well with my 9650, but I have also been thinking about buying another (2nd) more "established" tablet that has "things" I don't see coming to my beloved PlayBook.....just a thought for now
    04-26-12 07:56 PM
    You know, with the exception of a couple of popular apps (we all know them... ), the PB isn't far behind at all. I'll tell you all what I HAVE noticed lately in marketing ads...

Android tablets......nothing....or at least very little. I don't know if they feel it's not necessary, but I see very few marketing ads for any tablet on this platform. I personally like the platform a lot, and have one of my own...I don't know what it is about the PB, though...I didn't expect to like it much, but it fits for me.

Apple tablets....megatoninyourfaceallovertheplace marketing...mostly about the retina display, and some drawing, cartooning, and game apps. Quite frankly, I'm overwhelmed by them, and I'm sure they're successful...but I also see most of it as time wasting...inefficient...unproductive...and that's not what I'm about. I like to get things done.

For me...I feel the PB is a superior product with an inferior support structure. I know many won't agree, but I have played around with all of them, and even though the PB appears to "do less"...in my opinion, it does what it does very well.

To each his own at the end of the day...that is why we have options in the marketplace...but the PB has impressed me with not only what it can do, but what it allows ME to do with it. Aside from apps, I have far, far greater control over how I share files, load music, access pictures, store information, stream video, and "experiment" with different configurations.

Apple wants me to do things their way. I am not iCattle. I don't have the same needs or desires as everyone else, and there is something very satisfying in making my PB my own, with the customized ways, options, and features that an iPad user simply cannot do. I want to load music THE WAY IT WORKS FOR ME.....I want to access my home server THE WAY IT WORKS FOR ME....I simply do not want to be spoonfed and controlled like cattle.

Maybe I'm simply insane, but I like the individuality and control my PB gives me.

Every tablet has its good and bad....I focus on what my PB CAN do, not what it can't.

Soooooooooo......maybe I need another one for the travel trailer....anyone jumping ship? lol....
    04-27-12 12:47 AM
    I wouldn't mind a second playbook... I find I'm always fighting for it once I'm home from work... Plus I like your idea of having one for different purposes... I'm finding my 16GB is always full as I juggle between work and play.
    I originally bought a tablet for work in the first place...I am only now starting to load it up with work stuff. The 16G is plenty for work so that is going to be the work unit. The 64G still gets the fun nod, and the spare is fully updated, and awaiting some use. I have a feeling, that one will replace the netbook I have hooked up to the 50' plasma for streaming my movies, youtube, and surfing...all while using my Torch as a remote.
    04-27-12 01:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD