My cousin wants to buy a tablet and i wanted to help him a little, i think he's already decided for the kindle fire so i though why not to post to get a good comparison, including everything, apps games cameras speakers ram, storage, screen, etc......
    03-26-12 09:08 PM
    There are already comparisons on this forum. One of them is on the first page. Search is your friend.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 03-26-12 at 09:13 PM.
    VanCity778 and FSeverino like this.
    03-26-12 09:10 PM
    I know i searched but it isnt exactly what i was looking for
    03-26-12 09:27 PM
    Again, there is a thread right on the first page of this forum. If you believe it's not the comparison you want, it's unlikely that a new thread will go in the direction you want it to go.

However, if you have any specific questions, forum members (myself including) will gladly answer those if they can. One thing to bear in mind is that this is Crackberry.com and there will be bias in some responses.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 03-26-12 at 09:43 PM.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-26-12 09:40 PM
    PB (at least the $199 one) has twice the onboard storage compared to the Fire, twice the RAM, forward and rear facing cameras (none on the Fire), bluetooth, hdmi out and GPS (again not on the Fire), all for the same price as the Fire. Fire has access (though limited, I believe) to the android market.
    03-26-12 09:42 PM
    The Playbook's hardware and OS spank the Fire. That said, if he is just looking for Netflix and mainstream games, he is probably going to want to check out the Fire.

If he wants a nice all around tablet that he can get some work done with, the Playbooks is great. The are some fun games for PB also.

I actually have both devices (I'm a little nutty). I take the PB to work and all around but I tend to play with the Fire in bed. I guess I would call the Fire more of a toy.

Check them both out and read about them online. They are both very nice devices in their own way.

Whatever you do, do NOT go into a Best Buy and ask one if them.
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    03-26-12 09:55 PM
    Just tell him to buy an iPad so he won't get dirty looks at Starbucks.
    03-26-12 10:01 PM
    This is silly. Seriously.

At $199 - (yes you can still get a 16 GB for $199) - they are priced the same...

I can't see any contest if someone is really trying to research the two. PB hands down!

If you can't find anything in this forum that helps you make suggestions to your cousin - then I suggest Google and search the two products. If you want the Kindle - go for it. It doesn't suck or anything. But, the greater value is the PB due to the hardware, the camera's, the sideloading of a plethora of stuff - and the overall UI.

If it were my money - I wouldn't even think twice. But, I'm not going to spoon feed you. Dig a little deeper. Even better - try them both out at Best Buy (although I can't tell where you're from. Maybe another store besides Best Buy in your area).
    ambarmetta and Riedle like this.
    03-26-12 10:09 PM
    Go with the fire if your not a so called "tech guy". The fire is easier to use and has more apps and therefore will bring more joy to your cousin. Go with the playbook if you want a camera and better specs. A guy at my work has the fire and he raves about it. Also the storage on the PB is much greater.
    03-26-12 10:11 PM
    I say, tell to buy a PlayBook because I'm bias to BlackBerry devices......period
    Princepia likes this.
    03-26-12 10:17 PM
    PlayBook anyway you look at it is a better buy. Bias or not.
    03-26-12 10:21 PM
    When I was looking for a tablet in November, I looked at the Kindle Fire and at the time the Fire was lacking The screen was not great, I thought the color was dull. It also had at the time a jerky motion in the video I don't know if that has improved.

But if you want to be in an Amazon world, it is a great Amazon machine. If not, I almost got the Nook Tablet. I thought the screen was better and videos played better. It has games and such in their app bazaar. It also has expandable memory.

Then the Playbook dropped to $200 and I got that I have regretted it since, because I should have gotten the 64g instead. Not the greatest apps, no Netflix, no Skype (neither the Fire), and no Hulu. But ABC, CBS etc stream and you can drag and drop videos. And it plays most formats. It has a mic and cameras. GPS. HDMI output. QNX is great.

Apple sells refurbished. IPad 1 for $299. If you really want apps and games, you really can't beat it.
    03-26-12 10:31 PM
    Playbook. Best bang for the buck.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    03-26-12 10:33 PM
    I hate these PB vs threads so much. lol

BUT............... Dude Playbook all the way. That's unless you like a laggy slow Fire.
    03-26-12 10:35 PM
    Just tell him to buy an iPad so he won't get dirty looks at Starbucks.
    He hates apple stuff, so thats not an option

Thanks for the responses until now!
    03-26-12 10:38 PM
    If you want netflix get the kindle. If you want a tablet go with the Playbook.
    03-26-12 10:39 PM
    If you want netflix get the kindle. If you want a tablet go with the Playbook.
    This says it right here. I have both and the Playbook is an all around better device. BUT if you want Amazon/Android Apps and Netflix go with the Kindle Fire.
    03-26-12 10:50 PM
    This says it right here. I have both and the Playbook is an all around better device. BUT if you want Amazon/Android Apps and Netflix go with the Kindle Fire.
    So... if you want a netflix player buy kindle. but you would only need a netflix player if you already have netflix, in which case you already have another device to watch netflix on.

People need to stop putting so much stock in netflix. I am 100% in favour of netflix on the PB, but ive had my PB for over 4 months WITHOUT netflix and have watched more movies on it then I have using netflix on my computer/tv.

For the price the PB can do 10x what the Fire can. Id doesnt have netflix so lets say that docks 2 points (it should only be one AT MAX, but ill be generous), that means the PB is roughly about 8x as good as the fire. Lets just round it and say 5x as productive to prove the point. Would you spend the SAME amount of money for a device that is 5x LESS productive when you can spend the SAME amount of money to get the device that is 5x MORE productive?

If you want a Netflix player you obviously dont know the alternatives.. EVERY video on netflix can be found on the internet using flash, which the PB CAN PLAY!
    03-26-12 10:58 PM
    We got my son the Kindle Fire. It does t even come close. The UI is lame., I don't see it having more apps than the PB. The games are so atari like. Jmho
    BlackberryOS2PB likes this.
    03-26-12 11:07 PM
    We got my son the Kindle Fire. It does t even come close. The UI is lame., I don't see it having more apps than the PB. The games are so atari like. Jmho
    Seriously? I would never have guessed.
    03-26-12 11:09 PM
    Break it down to simple terms here for you..

Stream movies, check email, buy Amazon books for Kindle, get the Fire.

If he wants better internals, front and rear facing cameras (with no Skype), better email experience, and a great web browser. Get the PlayBook.
    03-27-12 06:56 AM
    If you intend to use the device purely for media consumption then go with the Kindle Fire.
    03-27-12 06:57 AM
    My cousin wants to buy a tablet and i wanted to help him a little, i think he's already decided for the kindle fire so i though why not to post to get a good comparison, including everything, apps games cameras speakers ram, storage, screen, etc......
    i dont understand why u r even asking. its playbook obviously. i would have understood ur confusion if it was between ipad and pb. even with Ipad i would recommed PB. coz its value for money, size factor, and the browser, ect....
    03-27-12 06:57 AM
    Also if he have a blackberry smartphone, he could bridge it with his playbook and view his memos, calender schedules, tasks, bbm and email on the pb. Also he can use his bb phone as a hotspot if he is in no wifi area
    03-27-12 08:19 AM
    You can do everything except for Skype, netflix, hulu and a few other things that require an app to do on the playbook plus much more than the fire. I can stream movies, I can chat, I can buy things, I can read books etc. Is it all in one nice little as place? Nope but it doesn't need to be. In fact you can chat thru Skype using Imo.im. You can video chat using realportal or aol av.

If kindle books are the main reason I would think the cheaper ereader would be the way to go.
    03-27-12 08:34 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD