I just noticed, it brings spellcheck - it works absolutely fine in BBM - just type "ive" and it will be converted to "I've" ... etc.

FINALLY!!!!

OH and abbreviations work too!!! MYPIN!!!

Update:

Sorry, but as I just learned from here (http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/om...3/#post6403406) this is not called spellcheck but Word substitution.
    But that's working now since this update
    Last edited by Takeo; 06-12-11 at 02:25 AM.
    06-12-11 01:53 AM
    BBM runs off your phone, your phone has had spell check for sometime.

Tim
    06-12-11 01:55 AM
    BBM runs off your phone, your phone has had spell check for sometime.

Tim
    But if I recall that correctly, it never worked in BBM! I was frustrated a lot in BBM on PB - so I'm sure I recall that correctly.
    06-12-11 01:56 AM
    seriously? i have to try this out... cause it certainly doesnt do it in the type window of the browser.... but speaking of which... have you tried the browser out? scrolling is waaaaay better with this latest build.
    06-12-11 01:57 AM
    tried it out.... nope.... same ole same ole... ive theyre wouldnt couldnt.... oh well... hey? how come yours is working?
    06-12-11 01:59 AM
    ya it worked in BBM and bridged emails already previously. Try it in a web page, still no go.
    And by spellcheck, you mean autotext. It always had a spell check, just no option to correct it.
    06-12-11 02:00 AM
    Well thank God, that gets rid of at least half of the whiners...
    06-12-11 02:03 AM
    ya it worked in BBM and bridged emails already previously. Try it in a web page, still no go.
    And by spellcheck, you mean autotext. It always had a spell check, just no option to correct it.
    It never worked in my BBM/mail before - never! and it got me pissed off already a lot, so that's why I'm sharing. Maybe this update fixed some problems with some PB/BB combinations...
    06-12-11 02:07 AM
    It never worked in my BBM/mail before - never! and it got me pissed off already a lot, so that's why I'm sharing. Maybe this update fixed some problems with some PB/BB combinations...
    Always worked in mine, that's the only way I've been able to tolerate bbm and emails on my PB. Not much typing gets done on my pb outside the bridge because I find the keyboard annoying at best putting in punctuations.
    takeo likes this.
    06-12-11 02:09 AM
    Technically, its "Word Substitution" that works on Bridged email and BBM for the first time with this update. It did not work before for me. Spellcheck still is in the underline-but-not-correct on PB, except for Word to Go where it has always worked.

I thought I might have an awkward work-around, by saving a Bridge email as a draft and then opening it on the phone and running the phone spellcheck before sending. But the draft saving between the phone and PB is strange. If you are working on a long email on the PB or leave a short email open when you are composing it, it does pop up in the phone inbox and you can spellcheck and then send. But if you select save on the bridge email on the PB, it shows up in the PB inbox but not on the phone inbox!

Be caafeful with those drafts in your phone inbox that are PB Bridge emails in progress! The first time I saw a draft like that on my phone I deleted it like a dummy, and then went back to my PB and continued to work on the email in progress. When I tried to save or to copy text from it, the PB froze with the email on the screen I unfroze the PB by hooking it up to my PC and launching and closing DM a few times while holding the PB on/off button down and it finally rebooted.
    takeo likes this.
    06-12-11 02:16 AM
    Always worked here. BBM is just a remote use of the phones BBM as with all bridged items...simple as that.

Tim
    06-12-11 02:23 AM
    I've always found auto-correct to be annoying and just turned it off - I spent more time editing the auto-corrections than it saved me. I guess that's just me. Not a problem if you know how to spell, backspace and type.
    06-12-11 02:52 AM
    I wasn't expecting the first OS 1.05 update until The UK launch date. To see two updates makes me confident that RIM is really trying to bring their A game. When they are finished tweaking the software, the playbook will be sick. I am sure it will take them a least another year to have it perfect.
    06-12-11 03:08 AM
    But if I recall that correctly, it never worked in BBM! I was frustrated a lot in BBM on PB - so I'm sure I recall that correctly.
    Nope BBM and email on the bridge have always done this because they are really running on the phone. I've been using them since BBM first became available on bridge.
    06-12-11 08:24 AM
    Well thank God, that gets rid of at least half of the whiners...
    sadly only to be replaced by more of them.
    06-12-11 09:13 AM
    Doesnt work for me in bbm or email... I have 2342.... any suggestions? I'm thinking I may need to do a security wipe
    06-12-11 09:39 AM
    I just went in docs to go and typed in a misspelled word. It underlined the word and provided suggestions when I tapped the word. Has that always been there?
    06-12-11 10:01 AM
    I just went in docs to go and typed in a misspelled word. It underlined the word and provided suggestions when I tapped the word. Has that always been there?
    Yes, from the beginning. That's why it's rather odd that it has not been implemented into the system yet - Words To Go is owned and developed by RIM.
    06-12-11 10:04 AM
    Yes, from the beginning. That's why it's rather odd that it has not been implemented into the system yet - Words To Go is owned and developed by RIM.
    i have had this same thought. There must be more to it than that though. Obviously RIM knows how to accomplish this, as they have it on all their phones, but to have it be part of an OS is a different ball of wax than just a stand alone program. I'm impressed with how doc2go looks, lets hope the OS one is comparable.
    06-12-11 10:14 AM
    Always worked here. BBM is just a remote use of the phones BBM as with all bridged items...simple as that.

Tim

Not to be argumentative, but the Bridge does not bring all of the Blackberry Phone capabilities over in the PB apps that run on the Bridge. Obviously spellcheck doesn't come over, maybe because the PB cannot access the phone's dictionary for some reason. And the way attachments work is also different. No option to pin or txt from within the PB email app either.

Its also curious to see how varied the PB's functionality is. You would expect to see the same apps performing or not in the same way for most operating the same version of QNX. But it doesn't yet seem to be the case. For me, until last night's update, autocorrect did not work in bridge email, yet it apparently did fir many others.
    06-12-11 12:25 PM
    Damnit I got all excited when I read the title Takeo!! Errr the auto-correct/auto-capitalize/double-space-for-period has always been there on the bridged Apps you are talking about. Word to Go always had it too!

Tricked! I still love you Takeo but you tricked me!!!
    06-12-11 05:49 PM
    Always worked in mine, that's the only way I've been able to tolerate bbm and emails on my PB. Not much typing gets done on my pb outside the bridge because I find the keyboard annoying at best putting in punctuations.
    Is it because unlike a Blackberry, when the Playbook is switched to 123/sym mode you have to manually switch it back to ABC? I find that annoying. I wish it would behave just like a Blackberry keyboard
    06-12-11 10:27 PM
    Damnit I got all excited when I read the title Takeo!! Errr the auto-correct/auto-capitalize/double-space-for-period has always been there on the bridged Apps you are talking about. Word to Go always had it too!

Tricked! I still love you Takeo but you tricked me!!!
    LOL, I'm sorry indeed!
    06-13-11 12:03 AM
    Is it because unlike a Blackberry, when the Playbook is switched to 123/sym mode you have to manually switch it back to ABC? I find that annoying. I wish it would behave just like a Blackberry keyboard
    yes pretty much. I prefer the alt method like the phone.
    06-13-11 12:07 AM
    so why doesn't it work for me? i dont have autocorrrect in bbm or email (bridge).... what must i do?
    06-13-11 12:20 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD