I can't get the CTV live feed to work (they only seem to have an iOS app). Anyone find a way to watch live feed of the games? My apologies if this is answered somewhere - my thread search didn't find anything.
    07-27-12 03:19 PM
    I can't get the CTV live feed to work (they only seem to have an iOS app). Anyone find a way to watch live feed of the games? My apologies if this is answered somewhere - my thread search didn't find anything.
    It's Silverlight. The PlayBook browser does not support Silverlight.
    07-27-12 03:56 PM
    Yeah I didn't understand the point that that either because most people would rather watch it on their PC than their iOS device. But anyways here's the live feed and it streams in HD on the Playbook as well:

http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/...ddc6007bb6dc0b
    07-27-12 03:56 PM
    Your link is no longer working.

Silverlight works on MACs as well. They created Apps for 3 out of 4 phone platforms. (excluded windows phone) and 2 out of the 3 tablet platforms (excluding Playbook) How they can justify this when there is almost 20% market share in Canada with the PB is beyond me. I did e-mail one gal that had her email on the website to complain. There was no response.

The video section of the app on the BB does not seem to work with the video feed. Either that is still to come, or you need a Bell phone with the TV options. Not sure but would be nice if someone would confirm one way or the other. Perhaps its a BB thing?
    07-27-12 04:56 PM
    Your link is no longer working.
    Unfortunately they've all been taken down and I've searched but couldn't find any other site that's streaming it live.
    07-27-12 05:27 PM
    London 2012 - YouTube

2012 Summer Olympics | Video, Schedules, Results, TV | NBC Olympics

Official Olympic Channel by the IOC - YouTube
    07-27-12 05:35 PM
    07-27-12 06:41 PM
    CTV wants us to stream on mobile devices; the Playbook is designed to use the full web, yet CTV's website tells you to get an app if you want to stream video. Brilliant.
    kbz1960 and steve911 like this.
    07-28-12 10:20 AM
    Has anyone gotten the blackberry app to stream video?
    07-28-12 11:44 AM

Not the live streams - though some of their 'featured' videos I was able to start...

Pretty lame.
    07-28-12 11:49 AM
    Of course streaming for the Playbook is not offered on NBC, you go to "pick device" and you are given the option of iPad or Android. Whatever happened to the promise from RIM that Playbooks would be Android compatible with the OS upgrade?? Oh wait.... RIM + promise, never mind.
    07-28-12 12:29 PM
    Worked fine directly from NBC Live on the 26th. COMCAST is carrier. I watched soccer. Stopped connecting yesterday. What changed?
    07-28-12 01:46 PM
    Worked fine directly from NBC Live on the 26th. COMCAST is carrier. I watched soccer. Stopped connecting yesterday. What changed?
    I have been wondering the same thing. I watched the 1st day of women's and men's soccer and now I can't get it to work. My provider is cox communications and it just keeps bringing me back to the page where you select your provider and login.
    07-28-12 06:43 PM
    Of course streaming for the Playbook is not offered on NBC, you go to "pick device" and you are given the option of iPad or Android. Whatever happened to the promise from RIM that Playbooks would be Android compatible with the OS upgrade?? Oh wait.... RIM + promise, never mind.
    Uh I don't know what you're talking about but the PlayBook does support Android apps, up till Android 2.3 This has been officially available since February, counting the Beta days, its been around since late 2011
    07-28-12 07:47 PM
    Uh I don't know what you're talking about but the PlayBook does support Android apps, up till Android 2.3 This has been officially available since February, counting the Beta days, its been around since late 2011
    I think he thought all android apps would just magically work, and doesn't realize the app has to be repackaged and signed as a playbook app. Even if they did I don't think those type of apps work anyways.
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    07-28-12 09:12 PM
    I was disappointed as well to find that Bell does not give a about BlackBerry.

So I've been using Splashtop to stream from my PC.

EDIT: There is a BlackBerry CTVOlypmics APP and it has live streaming too! They didn't advertise it, though.
    Last edited by thecsman; 07-29-12 at 10:28 AM.
    07-29-12 12:06 AM
    I don't think it's just blackberry, can't get some of the videos to work on the Live Now section on my iPhone. Also tried it on my sisters Nexus S and the same thing is happening. Stupid Bell can't even get their damn app to work SMH.
    07-29-12 02:31 AM
    i've been watching the olympics on and off using my PB via

Sport Lemon - From Sport - Watch Live Sports Online - FromSport

select one of the eurosport links and it will pop with either a live stream or a commercial.

i found that to avoid commercials, i had to quickly touch on the little icon on the bottom) for going full screen.

it does work but one needs patience...
    thurask likes this.
    07-29-12 02:54 AM
    It's Silverlight. The PlayBook browser does not support Silverlight.
    No it does not. :-(
    07-29-12 08:21 AM
    Live feed is available in morning if you live in North America.

Sport Lemon - From Sport - Watch Live Sports Online - FromSport
    07-30-12 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD