• 1 Post By JeepBB
  • 1 Post By sad_old_man
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    8,866 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Psychopomps"
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Ok so what's with the pop up advert?

Maybe it's my imagination, or the brandy but suddenly every now and again when I change between forums, I get this annoying pop up advert on my screen.

Is it actually happening to anyone else or is it just me that likes brandy?
    "We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow Across that angry or that glimmering sea​"
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Just ask

Well, I like brandy as well, but as far as the adverts are concerned; It isnt happening here.
    sad_old_man likes this.

I have not had pop-tarts in years. Brandy could help them go down.
    sad_old_man likes this.

Global Posts
    8,866 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Psychopomps"
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by RoboticGolem View Post
    Well, I like brandy as well, but as far as the adverts are concerned; It isnt happening here.
    Oh damn don't tell me I have to stop drinking!
    "We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow Across that angry or that glimmering sea​"
    RoboticGolem likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Just ask

Quote Originally Posted by sad_old_man View Post
    Oh damn don't tell me I have to stop drinking!
    Nah, dont stop what you love, I would, however, try hanging out around here in a different browser to see if the one you are currently using has been comprimised.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Orange UK reserves the right to privacy from Orange UK :D

I get them too....suggestive advertising cos I like Jack and I'm getting them too..feed the drunks adverts, Hhmmmm not a bad concept
    " I am " in no shape or form here to represent Orange UK or Orange companies in ANY capacity.

Today 12April2014 after all these years Cracking away I nearly got my 1st warning :/

the future's bright, the future's PORaNge........

b1tch@crackberry.com

Global Posts
    8,866 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Psychopomps"
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Nah, dont stop what you love, I would, however, try hanging out around here in a different browser to see if the one you are currently using has been comprimised.
    Just give a minute to work out what you just said and Google the big words and I'll get back to you.

I have not had pop-tarts in years
    Try to keep your thoughts above the level of your navel young man please. All this silly walking and things you get up to are making you produce too much testosterone and it will end up affecting your balance.
    RoboticGolem likes this.

Global Posts
    8,866 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Psychopomps"
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Same browser I've been using for two years. It's now starting to **** me off. Big screen pops up with "advertising brought to you by crackberry". It's a bit like trying to watch tv with the dammed annoying adverts keep popping up. Gggggrrrrrrrrrf................
    CrackBerry Genius

I get the same popup( brought to you by Crackberry) once in a while. Been there as long as I can remember. Maybe the first time you visit the forums after opening a browser. IE in my case.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,568 Global Posts

I haven't seen any pop-up Ads on my browser in ages, and the wife won't allow pop-tarts in the house. *cough*

Install Adblock Plus... it's great (and free!).

I installed it on my laptop first and browsed the same web pages on laptop and desktop, and the amount of annoying advertising clutter that it took out was huge! And it filters quietly and "intelligently" in that the Ads are gone without leaving white holes on the page where they used to be.
    Proud Member of the PlayBook Beta Test Team (Since June 2011)

sad_old_man likes this.

Global Posts
    8,866 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Psychopomps"
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by JeepBB View Post
    I haven't seen any pop-up Ads on my browser in ages, and the wife won't allow pop-tarts in the house. *cough*

Install Adblock Plus... it's great (and free!).

I installed it on my laptop first and browsed the same web pages on laptop and desktop, and the amount of annoying advertising clutter that it took out was huge! And it filters quietly and "intelligently" in that the Ads are gone without leaving white holes on the page where they used to be.
    "And it filters quietly and "intelligently"

Ok here we go eh, everybody on the bandwagon. No I haven't had too much brandy, well I've had some small amounts several times but that's not the point. I've never seen these before with or without brandy and thank you for the software advice but I make it a point to stay a very long way away from anything that is even remotely associated with the description 'intelligent'

My god you will be asking me to eat healthy food next!

Global Posts
    8,866 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Psychopomps"
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Right I would now like someone to tell me how to stop this very ******* annoying advert from popping up when I try to do something. It's not happened for two years, so why now?

It is so infuriating!!!!!!!!!
    mpetrol likes this.

Global Posts
    8,866 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Psychopomps"
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Now that's a coincidence. Maybe it's just me but this damn popup advert appears every time I take a bite of my pasty? Very strange and sometimes amusing but still very annoying.