Well of course i don't think anyone here could answer this, but maybe someone who works for rogers is at this site.

Where is this supposedly update which will work for WIFI and LTE versions?

OS 2.1.0.1526
    Last edited by xamdam; 02-25-13 at 06:55 PM.
    02-14-13 04:09 PM
    There is currently no OS update for the LTE Playbook. It has nothing to do with Rogers...
    02-14-13 05:51 PM
    That's not what has been said as on websites it is compatible with the LTE and yes the LTE versions are carrier based if they decided to release it.

So again Rogers where is my update as why should wife only have better browser and better audio boost.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 05:58 PM
    That's not what has been said as on websites it is compatible with the LTE and yes the LTE versions are carrier based if they decided to release it.

So again Rogers where is my update as why should wife only have better browser and better audio boost.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    They are delaying the update because it will allow Z10 owners to Bridge with the PlayBook without using a sim card.
    02-14-13 06:19 PM
    I'm not familiar with the LTE. Is it not able to get updates over the WiFi or can updates only occur through the service provider?
    02-14-13 06:20 PM
    There's a change in the update that effects sms.....which the carriers need to test and approve before they'll let LTE owners have the update.

I really can't wait to see how Z10 updates are pushed out.
    xamdam likes this.
    02-14-13 09:38 PM
    From the Blackberry site.
    So, yes v2.1.0.1526 is for the LTE Playbook also.

Includes the following updates for the W-Fi only PlayBook and the 4G/4G LTE™ PlayBook:

- Improvements to Gmail� and Yahoo!� account setup services
    - Enhancements to browser performance
    - Audio Boost update to comply with European Standard 'EN 60950-1/A12'
    - Renaming of BlackBerry App World™ storefront to BlackBerry� World™ storefront

Updates for the 4G/4G LTE PlayBook are subject to carrier availability.
    xamdam likes this.
    02-15-13 04:37 AM
    I'm not familiar with the LTE. Is it not able to get updates over the WiFi or can updates only occur through the service provider?
    The LTE versions is WIFI plus Mobile = Sim card can be add and you can then browse and whatever just like your on WIFI like a mobile phone is, except the phoning part (well u can use comwave's ephone service for free calls over WIFI and Mobile, but its laggy over mobile but it works)

Point is when its the LTE version the carriers are the ones who have to approve the release of it to anything that is mobile on their network.

I have a 5gb shared plan (with my provider that uses my mobile data) so bridging/tethering i don't really need unless my Playbook mobile sim slot gets fried someday or just does not function.

Bridging would be nice for emails and so forth, plus contacts, but why when i just sync all that to the playbook VIA setting up my email accounts on the Playbook and my contacts are there and my emails?

So bridging is good for WIFI only versions so those people can tether to their phones and use their mobile data which the carriers can not detect as of this minute, but without anymore BIS i am willing to bet many people will soon have to pay for tethering services from their providers or get a shared data plan.

I only paid $4.00 for my 5GB shared plan, i already had 6gb Non-Shared plan, but to share with my PB it cost me $4.00 more a month due to the PB plan added.
    02-15-13 09:12 AM
    There's a change in the update that effects sms.....which the carriers need to test and approve before they'll let LTE owners have the update.

I really can't wait to see how Z10 updates are pushed out.
    I wonder if its because people will be able to Text over the mobile service from the playbook and maybe some carriers don't like that?

Yeah i am wondering too how the z10's updates will be pushed, well no doubt from the carriers as soon as i got my z10 this past tuesday i turned it on and poof a 6mb update from the carrier, so i expect same from carrier like always it usually is and i hope Rogers does not take forever.
    Last edited by xamdam; 02-19-13 at 03:27 PM.
    02-15-13 09:13 AM
    I am still waiitng ROGERS for my LTE version to be upgraded.
    02-19-13 03:27 PM
    1:46 PM Greg: Hello, thank you for choosing Rogers Wireless Live Chat Technical Support. My Name is Greg, how may I assist with your technical issue today?
    1:47 PM ME: Hi Greg, I have a BlackBerry PlayBook (LTE). I'm was wondering about device software update 2.1.0.1526. When should I expect for Rogers to roll out update for devices?
    1:47 PM Greg: My apologies. We do not support the Playbook for this scenario at this time. Research In Motion has set up a dedicated toll-free number for new PlayBook customers. I will have to refer you to contact 1-877-644-8405 ( open 24-7 ) for help with this.
    1:48 PM ME: Rogers doesnt control updates for PlayBooks?
    1:48 PM Greg: No
    1:48 PM ME: Thank you.
    02-25-13 12:49 PM
    1:46 PM Greg: Hello, thank you for choosing Rogers Wireless Live Chat Technical Support. My Name is Greg, how may I assist with your technical issue today?
    1:47 PM ME: Hi Greg, I have a BlackBerry PlayBook (LTE). I'm was wondering about device software update 2.1.0.1526. When should I expect for Rogers to roll out update for devices?
    1:47 PM Greg: My apologies. We do not support the Playbook for this scenario at this time. Research In Motion has set up a dedicated toll-free number for new PlayBook customers. I will have to refer you to contact 1-877-644-8405 ( open 24-7 ) for help with this.
    LOL

I guess time will tell if he was right or not. Tho' RIM certainly seem to believe Rogers is responsible for the delay given the PR posted above.

If it's any help, IIRC the LTE version of the 1088 OS update arrived a couple of months after the WiFi version... so mid-April for 1526?

(p.s. Sorry )
    02-25-13 01:38 PM
    Lmao so rogers rep is stating rogers does not support the Playbook updates which is pure BS as the LTE is a mobile device which needs a SIM card if you chosen to use it over mobile.

Yep the .1088 update did not arrive until Dec 2012 and this was through who? = Rogers i believe so a si bought my LTE in Dec just before Christmas from Rogers and as soon as i got it there was a software update notification on it in upper left corner, so i loaded up blackberry desktop manager and did the update.

I hope were not looking at another month or so for LTE update as i wil be very pissed off and i if anyone has a download link for the new OS for me, right now i will be glad to use it.
    Last edited by xamdam; 02-26-13 at 07:04 AM.
    02-25-13 03:47 PM
    According to another user on this forum, he was able to install the update for his Rogers-connected Playbook LTE. See http://forums.crackberry.com/search....archid=1835038. I am actually with Bell but Bell doesn't seem to plan to release any updates for their Playbook LTE users so I paid $10 to unlock my Playbook and another $5 for a Rogers data plan, just so I can get updates.
    02-25-13 06:32 PM
    That Rogers' reply SCREAMS script kiddy which Rogers is well known for.

I'm less interested in the update as I am in a Bridge update to get BBM and sms back.

Fix the bridge damn it!!!!

Posted from the CB App on my White Zed 10
    02-25-13 06:56 PM
    I contacted Rogers today about getting the 2.1.0.1526 update for LTE Playbooks. I was advised that updates for LTE Playbooks, like other cellular devices, are not rolled out nationwide in one go. The explanation I got is that the release is made available to groups of customers. A few weeks later the update is made available to more groups of customers. Once Rogers feels the updates have rolled out without massive complaints, they roll it out nationwide. So some may report the update is available while others report it isn't. If you haven't received the update by now, you probably have to wait several more weeks until Rogers feels the rollout is ready for all of us.
    02-25-13 10:11 PM
    I contacted Rogers today about getting the 2.1.0.1526 update for LTE Playbooks. I was advised that updates for LTE Playbooks, like other cellular devices, are not rolled out nationwide in one go. The explanation I got is that the release is made available to groups of customers. A few weeks later the update is made available to more groups of customers. Once Rogers feels the updates have rolled out without massive complaints, they roll it out nationwide. So some may report the update is available while others report it isn't. If you haven't received the update by now, you probably have to wait several more weeks until Rogers feels the rollout is ready for all of us.
    Yeah i know about this is the way rogers works and has always worked, but i want to know when my update is coming as i hate to wait 2-3 more weeks for the damn thing by that time BB10 OS could be out....
    02-26-13 07:06 AM
    I got my 2.1.0.1526 update of 133 Mb today. It took more than 1 1/2 hours on my Playbook. The update was in 2 parts, the first part lasted about 1 hour and the second part about 1/2 hr. Whew.
    02-26-13 06:47 PM
    can't u just disable LTE and update over wifi or "force update" through DM?
    02-27-13 01:54 AM
    can't u just disable LTE and update over wifi or "force update" through DM?
    Never tried to do this and i am not going to do this as i want it to come through to me as notification that i have an update for the newer OS.

Even if i did a debrick, it may still only update it to the version i have now.
    Last edited by xamdam; 03-01-13 at 10:04 PM.
    02-27-13 09:48 PM
    Its been since th 14th of Feb and i am still waiting for my LTE to be updated.
    03-01-13 10:04 PM
    Unfortunately, LTE devices can't just do a WiFi only update. They have to install a carrier-released update (which is delivered over WiFi). In fact the only reason I unlocked my device & bought and activated my Rogers SIM was because I couldn't do an update over WiFi, and to date Bell hasn't released any 2.x updates.
    03-03-13 11:35 PM