I've posted in this thread before near the start and still totally on the fence over the PB, I managed to get a shot linking my Bold 9900 up with on in a store and I have to say the browser is easily the best I've encountered on a tablet, the Android browser seems very buggy, and iPad no flash still!!
    Was really impressed with my email and BBM via Bridge - was a bit worried that 7" screen wouldn't be big enough for me v the 10" Xoom I had tried but it seems plenty good enough for browsing, email and BBM.
    Finally seen some price reductions on the PB in the UK but its still almost �400 for the 64GB one I'd like or �100 less for the 32GB, its a lot of money still for something thats feels to be a bit like a dev device for the QNX OS and a lot of money if RIM were to do the unthinkable and scrap it, but that said I love my Blackberries and aside from a lack of games v the other platforms the Bridge functionality and excellent web browser would certainly give me a nice portable media device.
    10-09-11 04:37 PM
    I've posted in this thread before near the start and still totally on the fence over the PB, I managed to get a shot linking my Bold 9900 up with on in a store and I have to say the browser is easily the best I've encountered on a tablet, the Android browser seems very buggy, and iPad no flash still!!
    Was really impressed with my email and BBM via Bridge - was a bit worried that 7" screen wouldn't be big enough for me v the 10" Xoom I had tried but it seems plenty good enough for browsing, email and BBM.
    Finally seen some price reductions on the PB in the UK but its still almost �400 for the 64GB one I'd like or �100 less for the 32GB, its a lot of money still for something thats feels to be a bit like a dev device for the QNX OS and a lot of money if RIM were to do the unthinkable and scrap it, but that said I love my Blackberries and aside from a lack of games v the other platforms the Bridge functionality and excellent web browser would certainly give me a nice portable media device.
    Well if RIM scraps it they are scraping themselves as all of their eggs are in the QNX basket right now. If they come out with a new playbook and QNX phones and don't scrap themselves then this playbook will continue to get updates.
    10-09-11 05:47 PM
    With the price reductions, not sure why you are on the fence if you are a BB fan. It really is "BlackBerry amplified" and the form factor's size really is perfect. So easy to pack anywhere. Everything works really well (much more reliable than your phone's BBOS, for instance) and I find I've used it in many more ways than I anticipated. It really is a phenomenal piece of hardware, and even 1.0 software isn't that bad. 2.0 will be even better.

I didn't buy it myself--it was a birthday gift. I probably would never have justified the expense for a "toy." But now that I actually own it and have had the chance to use it in my daily life, I will not go back to being a non-tablet owner. Period. I love my MacBook Pro and my iPod Touch but I would still chose this thing over an iPad any day. Camera quality, feel in the hand, and this GREAT compact size are perfect for someone like me who spends a good portion of my life on airplanes--where every inch of my carryon is carefully accounted for.

Good luck, but you probably won't regret it. Hope RIM is around so I can upgrade in a couple of years :/
    10-09-11 06:01 PM
    Well if RIM scraps it they are scraping themselves as all of their eggs are in the QNX basket right now. If they come out with a new playbook and QNX phones and don't scrap themselves then this playbook will continue to get updates.
    The fact that QNX is the future of RIM's phone lineup actually does make me feel a little more sure about a Playbook as yeah even if they stopped selling them the OS is going to be supported as its the "future" lol
    10-10-11 02:23 AM
    With the price reductions, not sure why you are on the fence if you are a BB fan. It really is "BlackBerry amplified" and the form factor's size really is perfect. So easy to pack anywhere. Everything works really well (much more reliable than your phone's BBOS, for instance) and I find I've used it in many more ways than I anticipated. It really is a phenomenal piece of hardware, and even 1.0 software isn't that bad. 2.0 will be even better.

I didn't buy it myself--it was a birthday gift. I probably would never have justified the expense for a "toy." But now that I actually own it and have had the chance to use it in my daily life, I will not go back to being a non-tablet owner. Period. I love my MacBook Pro and my iPod Touch but I would still chose this thing over an iPad any day. Camera quality, feel in the hand, and this GREAT compact size are perfect for someone like me who spends a good portion of my life on airplanes--where every inch of my carryon is carefully accounted for.

Good luck, but you probably won't regret it. Hope RIM is around so I can upgrade in a couple of years :/

Thanks mate, I did really want a PB before launch but was put off by pricing initially, and then the unexpandale memory, but with the price cuts the 64GB is easily affordable, I love the 7" size; I found the 10" Xoom too big, but yeah "Blackberry Amplified" does sound good. I had been contemplating picking up a Lenovo x121 (sub notebook) rather than a tablet but it is the portability issue and if I'm honest anything I need a PC for when I'm away (mainly MS Office) is on my work laptop which I have to take with me when I'm away on business anyway so the more I think about it the more a tablet makes sense for me for everyday use, I've had a lot of excellent feedback from people in the UK who are very happy with their Playbook so thats also made me feel a bit more confident about splashing out on one!
    10-10-11 02:28 AM
    well, based on bestbuy's website, the sale is ending on Oct 13th...

Search Results - Best Buy Canada

and i know somebody who works at wal-mart, he saw the flyer for next week probably 17th to 22nd, Playbook is back at $400 level.....

I will get one tomorrow......
    10-11-11 07:05 PM
    i just bought one 16g last weekend. it is fantastic and in any aspects can beat other cut the edge tablet. like other comments, if u r a fan for bb, u will definitely love pb. it is easy to carry and works well with emails. pb and other tablet, in my view is so so different. pb is something invented by scientist, others are designed by money makers haha. always so different from others!!!
    10-11-11 07:19 PM
    Has anyone else heard or can confirm that the price will go back up to 499.99 next week???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-11 09:16 PM
    get it now.
    couldnt justify dropping 500 for a tablet, regardless of which kind.... but then futureshop had the price drop and i just so happened to have a $100 gift certificate that i was saving from my bday last month heheheh.
    yup. $200 playbook
    10-11-11 11:55 PM
    I didn't take the time to read all 8 pages of this so I don't know if its been talked about. I thinking about waiting till the second generation of the PlayBook is out. It may only be another 6 months. It would be nice to have one and since it is a want product that wouldn't really help me do anything with my work I'm on the fence.

I would think differently if they decided to drop the price to 300/400/500 down here. If I were back home in Canada I would have bought it already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by eKafara; 10-12-11 at 02:35 AM.
    10-11-11 11:58 PM
110 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD