Am I the only one surprised about the lack of apps after OS2 came out? I mean before it was released I saw spreadsheets listing tons of apps that were compatible, yet when I checked appworld I saw only a few more. Is this going to be a slow and steady process or is RIM expecting us all to sideload stuff?
    03-05-12 05:31 AM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    lots there! .. and lots more on the way! .... sit tight!
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-05-12 05:33 AM
    What apps are you looking for? Are they apps that some want, and are already discussed in numerous other threads; if so, continue your conversation in these already discussed at length threads.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-05-12 06:00 AM
    Am I the only one surprised about the lack of apps after OS2 came out? I mean before it was released I saw spreadsheets listing tons of apps that were compatible, yet when I checked appworld I saw only a few more. Is this going to be a slow and steady process or is RIM expecting us all to sideload stuff?
    The spreadsheet you're referring to is a list of android apps converted to bar for sideloading by PB users, not the apps author. It has nothing to do with rim, they never promised those apps in app world. In order to appear in app world, the app authors need to convert it to a bar and submit it to appear world.

You can still sideload those apps though...

Personally though, I'm not impressed by Android apps...

There are loads of new apps in app world since 2.0 but more at of them are of low quality...
    Last edited by RicThot; 03-05-12 at 06:05 AM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-05-12 06:00 AM
    The apps can be purchased from App World... duh!
    03-05-12 07:07 AM
    Really?? I didn't know that you can buy apps on appworld... Thanks for the enlightenment and the useful info presented in a respectful manner! Way to go Willard814!!!
    03-05-12 07:19 AM
    slow and steady process I hope. Sideloading isn't a solution as long as you can open only one android-converted app
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-05-12 07:23 AM
    Really?? I didn't know that you can buy apps on appworld... Thanks for the enlightenment and the useful info presented in a respectful manner! Way to go Willard814!!!
    Hey... I do what I can! Lighten up...
    03-05-12 07:39 AM
    Sideloading isn't a solution as long as you can open only one android-converted app
    Confused, what do you mean by that?
    03-05-12 07:46 AM
    What he means is no multitasking for android apps. Unlike native PB apps where you can have multiple apps open at a time, sideloaded and/or converted android apps can only be run in the android player limiting it to one app at a time running.

Also took a stroll through app world the other night(was bored), there are a ton of new apps in there, yes 90% are of real low quality and quite useless(yes we have our collection of fart apps now too). Way to go RIM for attracting the lowest quality apps with the free PB giveaway.
    Last edited by homer1475; 03-05-12 at 07:54 AM.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-05-12 07:51 AM
    When I checked last week, there were ~2600 apps of which 1000 were free.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-05-12 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD