I bought the official playbook minikeyboard yesterday and it looks and works great but it keeps disconnecting randomly, sometimes in a few minutes and sometimes it last longer, I have done everything I could find to correct the problem like deleting all the pairing list on the playbook and pressing ctrl+backspace on the keyboard and pairing it again, also soft and hard reboots, when it disconnects if i turn off the bluetooth and the keyboard then activate bluetooth again and the keyboard it pairs right away but the constant disconnections are really annoying. I tried to use the keyboard with an ipad 3 and it didnt disconnect in the 10 minutes i used it, WTF. Does anyone have a solution to this issue that doesnt involve a security wipe or debrick? Backing up 40gb is not fun at all.
    06-18-13 03:37 PM
    What else is paired with your pb? Something else might be interfering but if it works with the other tablet????
    06-18-13 04:37 PM
    I bought the official playbook minikeyboard yesterday and it looks and works great but it keeps disconnecting randomly, sometimes in a few minutes and sometimes it last longer, I have done everything I could find to correct the problem like deleting all the pairing list on the playbook and pressing ctrl+backspace on the keyboard and pairing it again, also soft and hard reboots, when it disconnects if i turn off the bluetooth and the keyboard then activate bluetooth again and the keyboard it pairs right away but the constant disconnections are really annoying. I tried to use the keyboard with an ipad 3 and it didnt disconnect in the 10 minutes i used it, WTF. Does anyone have a solution to this issue that doesnt involve a security wipe or debrick? Backing up 40gb is not fun at all.
    I've noticed this happening to my PB earlier this year. But since I rarely use my post Z10 purchase back in February, I really haven't tried to figure out why it's doing that.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 04:42 PM
    What else is paired with your pb? Something else might be interfering but if it works with the other tablet????
    Forget about that, I used the keyboard again with an Ipad 3 it lasted longer but still disconnected, Im beginning to think that something physical is wrong with the keyboard now.
    06-18-13 11:06 PM
    Update the firmware on your router. I believe in some cases old versions can cause wifi to interfere with bluetooth. I have had the same problems on crappy hotel connections and do not have it on my home router. At least unplug the router and do some typing in docs to go and see what happens.
    06-18-13 11:37 PM
    Update the firmware on your router. I believe in some cases old versions can cause wifi to interfere with bluetooth. I have had the same problems on crappy hotel connections and do not have it on my home router. At least unplug the router and do some typing in docs to go and see what happens.
    Interesting suggestion. I never would've thought of that. If I start having this problem I will remember what you said and give it a try too.
    06-19-13 12:35 AM
    Hi

just a question..where do you find an official playbook keyboard? it's rare and I'm interrested (I live in France)
    06-19-13 02:04 AM
    Well, CORDLESS (not cell) phones with certain frequencies can interfere with routers and bt connections. There might be other sources of radio waves that can interfere, too???
    06-19-13 08:40 AM
    My mini-keyboard acts up like that when to battery level is low. Maybe it's not charged or the battery in the keyboard is going bad.
    The light by the on/off switch flashes red (some times red then blue) when battery gets low.
    Last edited by dphjeff; 06-19-13 at 09:26 AM.
    06-19-13 09:01 AM
    How many BT connections do you have? I've found that for mine, the limit is 3 - the mini keyboard, a BT mouse and bridging with my Blackberry. If I'm on wi-fi, definitely no more than two. Mine drops more frequently the more connections I have, but if I'm on wi-fi and only have the mini keyboard connected on bluetooth it generally is pretty stable and will last for hours.
    06-19-13 12:36 PM
    Hi

just a question..where do you find an official playbook keyboard? it's rare and I'm interrested (I live in France)
    EBay always has a few that are listed. There's a listing right now that's bidding at $60.
    06-19-13 12:43 PM
    I have a bluetooth headset and it has been doing this for sometimes, I don't remember the last time but I do remember that I disconnected it remove it then add it again and there you go.
    06-19-13 12:48 PM
    Thank you all for your suggestions, thats why the crackberry community is awesome. Here is a list of things I have tried:

.Deleted all my bluetooth profiles and pressed ctrl+backspace for 6 seconds on the keyboard to do the same, then paired the keyboard and the playbook again but still disconnects after a few minutes.

.Turned off wifi on the playbook and disconnected my modem, it lasted longer but still disconnected.

. I also tried using the keyboard while charging it to see if the battery was the problem, the led light was solid green but still disconnected from the playbook after a few minutes.

.Tried the keyboard on other devices in different places, an ipad and an android phone, it lasted longer on the ipad but still disconnected and on the android phone it lasted less.

For some reason the keyboard keeps disconnecting at random times, turning bluetooth off and on on the playbook and turning off and on the keyboard makes the keyboard connect again right away but the frequent disconnections are really annoying when you are working, I have no idea why this is happening now.
    06-19-13 02:08 PM
    You mention you bought it yesterday. Mine did the same thing - so excited to try it out, didn't let it fully charge. Disconnect, turn it off, and let charge for a full 24 hours. Resolved all my issues, so it's worth a shot.

Note: This happened with my wifes as well, same result. My third keyboard, for my third playbook, let charge fully for 24 and never had an issue.
    06-19-13 02:26 PM
    I have a hipstreet bluetooth key board along with my mini microsoft mouse. I find they disconnect out of the blue as well its very annoying to say the least, I thought it was just mine.
    06-19-13 04:32 PM
    You mention you bought it yesterday. Mine did the same thing - so excited to try it out, didn't let it fully charge. Disconnect, turn it off, and let charge for a full 24 hours. Resolved all my issues, so it's worth a shot.

Note: This happened with my wifes as well, same result. My third keyboard, for my third playbook, let charge fully for 24 and never had an issue.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I charged it for 24 hours like you said but sadly it still disconnects, looks like it disconnects more frequently when I am using the keyboard, If i use only the trackpad it lasts longer.
    06-20-13 07:44 PM
    A little more information that might be helpful: when the keyboard disconnects the led light doesnt flash and if I press ctrl+backspace it doesnt respond but if I disconnect the keyboard manually in the bluetooth settings it disconnects and the led light starts flashing red, its different for some reason, it appears that when the keyboard disconnects randomly it gets blocked and you have to turn it off and on for it to connect again but if I disconnect the keyboard manually on the bluetooth settings without turning off bluetooth the led light flashes red and if I long press the sym key it connects right away, why is it different and why is this happening? it would appear that the keyboard gets "blocked" for some reason thats why it disconnects from the playbook.
    06-20-13 09:38 PM
    Does anyone know how to open the keyboard safely to try to see if something is wrong?
    06-21-13 01:26 PM
    The mini-keyboard will also time out if not used for 3 to 5 minutes and disconnect from the table. I'm assuming this is to save the battery life in the keyboard.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-25-13 10:11 AM
    The mini-keyboard will also time out if not used for 3 to 5 minutes and disconnect from the table. I'm assuming this is to save the battery life in the keyboard.
    Mine still disconnects while I am using it.
    06-25-13 02:17 PM
    Mine only shuts down after 5 minutes of staying idle. Along with the mouse. It is a pain in the ****! All I have to do is click the keyboard and it reactivates. Same with the mouse.

Posted via CB10
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    06-25-13 04:14 PM
    Mine still disconnects while I am using it.
    Definitely sounds like you have a lemon... Is there another PlayBook you can test it with to determine whether the source of the problem is the keyboard or the tablet pairing?
    FF22 likes this.
    06-27-13 02:53 AM
    I used mine last evening to control my pb (hooked to tv) and it never disconnected during the two hours I was using it and it. And I only used it a few times to control Kalemsoft. So longish periods of inactivity without problems.

What else that uses radio frequency to you have around? Cordless phone, other routers, maybe microwave oven?
    06-27-13 08:58 AM
    Still disconnecting, I opened the keyboard but it doesnt look like anything is physically wrong, maybe the battery is flawed? can you replace the battery?
    07-23-13 08:56 PM
    Well, I don't know about the keyboard but I've since acquired a bt mouse that I've linked as well as the BB Music Gateway. I've found that BOTH of those sometimes disconnect OR UNPAIR. I'm not sure why - connection seems to timeout. I would think it is not the keyboard but maybe the PB itself. And I have no solution except to try CONNECTING again. I've sometimes had to actually turn off BT on the PB and then turn it on and then go to BT and reconnect.
    07-23-13 10:36 PM
31 12