are you able to save a bookmark onto the homescreen like you are able to do with the ipad??

that would help with the no native email, twitter and facebook apps
    I didn't find an ability to do that. I'm not saying it doesn't but I couldn't find an option. When you add a bookmark, it just added an icon to the bookmarks menu. There were no other options.
    04-18-11 01:45 PM
    Alright, so I got up with my local RS today to see if they were gonna be selling any and it turns out that the one closes to my house will only have two 16gb tablets for sale tomorrow with no pre-ordering available. The guy I called told me that I would be able to get them to hold a tablet if I called early enough in the 19th. This is get news because it looks like theirs a big storm heading my way tomorrow with a 100 percent chance of rain so I'll(hopefully) have the whole day off to play with the PB!

With only a few hours left I've finally maxed out my PB excitement meter and if couldn't come at a better time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-11 01:45 PM
    And here I sit like a bird in the wilderness in Louisville, KY. I made the mistake of pre-ordering with BestBuy thinking they would be on the spot with information. Sorry to say I have no news.

Congratulations to those who have their Playbook. Me...I look longingly at my mailbox. I tried to shift my order to in store pickup, but BestBuy customer service line tells me that none...I repeat none of the stores in Louisville has any Playbooks coming. They can't shift it anyway because it hasn't been released yet.

So if you have already received your Playbook, post a pic of it so that I will feel even worse and you can gloat all the more!
    04-18-11 02:59 PM
    Go my PlayBook (32GB version). Our rep brough them in this afternoon. Trying to update but keep getting 'Could not connect to the update server. (9)'. Guess I'll have to troubleshoot before I can use it :-(
    04-18-11 03:23 PM
    Go my PlayBook (32GB version). Our rep brough them in this afternoon. Trying to update but keep getting 'Could not connect to the update server. (9)'. Guess I'll have to troubleshoot before I can use it :-(
    In one of the threads there was a mention of somebody getting a new icon call bug reporter, which to me sounds like something intended for internal use so maybe they cocked something up with the update and have had to pull it.
    04-18-11 03:48 PM
    Got mine today. Did the Over The Air Software Update using my Home Wi-Fi.
    It has been re-starting ever since. Just a useless device sitting on my table with colored circles going around in circles :-)
    04-18-11 04:23 PM
    I got my playbook! actually I am currently posting this messgae from my 64gb playbook paired with my torch
    04-18-11 06:28 PM
    Just got my shipping confirmation from Bestbuy. Here tomorrow I hope. Woo hooo!!!!!

04-18-11 09:07 PM
    Ordered it on the 22 of March, I coulldnt wait 3 days for shipping!! Had to cancel my order and went to BESTBUY to put 50 dollars down and will pick it up first thing in the morning!

04-18-11 11:14 PM
    Got mine today. Did the Over The Air Software Update using my Home Wi-Fi.
    It has been re-starting ever since. Just a useless device sitting on my table with colored circles going around in circles :-)
    Pics or it didn't happen. Seriously.
    04-18-11 11:27 PM
    oh groan I don;t have mine yet... I pre-orderd a 32GB from Best Buy..at present I will be using it with my Storm2 . I am a nurse and most excited about how I can use this in a clinical setting
    I do have a question for those who already ahve one and have gottenpast the user agreement
    First a disclaimer..I apologize in advance if my question is ignorant..I do try to follow threads I am on and search forums but I am a very busy grad student home educating 5 children..I am not as savvy as most of you but have enjoyed my Blackberry Storm2 so...

I have a couple of medical programs ..like medical dictionary and pharmacy books..will things like that "go" to Playbook , will I be able to view them only? will I have to wait for the companies to make a Playbook version..hope that makes sense

thanks to all for sharing information...
    04-18-11 11:35 PM
    I dont have mine... Im debatting waiting until the 4g version comes out instead of getting the wireless version tomorrow. What do you think?
    04-18-11 11:41 PM
    I dont have mine... Im debatting waiting until the 4g version comes out instead of getting the wireless version tomorrow. What do you think?
    Go for the wi-fi tomorrow then one-up-it with the 4G whenever it comes out
    04-18-11 11:48 PM
    ooh your a nurse! Cool. Im just finishing taking medical office admin course at my local college. Heres to hoping i get a good career out of it.

I think that they will be off the if theyre kindle or epub books, but if its something else im not sure.
    04-18-11 11:51 PM
    yeah but can you upgrade or would you have to pay the 600 all over again? Im not rich had to save my pennies just for the one of them.
    04-18-11 11:52 PM
    Is there a pdf viewer? It's unforgivable that the handsets don't have a built in pdf viewer.
    04-18-11 11:53 PM
    Is there a pdf viewer? It's unforgivable that the handsets don't have a built in pdf viewer.
    Yes there is a built in viewer
    04-19-11 12:34 AM
    Got mine.
    Now if the damn blackberry bridge app would just go live for my phone i would be happy!

Super happy with the playbook in the time i have used it so far.

Can't bog it down, and I tried. even running 8 or 9 processes at once, including camera and need for speed, still seems snappy.

=)
    04-19-11 12:46 AM
    Got mine.
    Now if the damn blackberry bridge app would just go live for my phone i would be happy!
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs.../19435?lang=en
    04-19-11 12:59 AM

To download this item, please use App World on your device.

So, the wait continues....
    still not available on device for me yet....
    04-19-11 01:19 AM
    First one for in store pickup today in Burlington. Finally this thing is in my hands.

Max
    04-19-11 06:47 AM
    I woke up 6am, lined up at Yonge/Dundas for my playbook :O 1st at yonge/dundas, probably even on the media :x

There was more media people there than people lining up for playbook :<

I was unboxing it on my way home on the streetcar haha, patching!!!
    04-19-11 06:48 AM
    Picked mine up at ten after seven. No lineups... I was the first nerd to have stopped in. It's charging right now, but I won't be able to use it until after work as our corporate wifi required a login script and there are no other open networks around.

Need to keep my grubby colleague's hands off it today... that'll be a chore.
    04-19-11 06:51 AM
    Adobe Acrobat comes installed on the device. I used it yesterday.
    04-19-11 06:52 AM
    Got mine at future shop. 64gb
    I can't seem to get passed the "welcome" screen where it says swipe to continue though... :'(

okkkkkkkkk i got it to work. had to unplug it, it seems. or i wasn't swiping from right to left. It didn't show the little circle swiping the first 2 times i booted it.
    Last edited by doug1010; 04-19-11 at 07:53 AM.
    04-19-11 07:39 AM
1,192 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD