Since people are now starting to get their hands on the PlayBook, we can help keep the discussion a little more organized so post about it here.

Share your first impressions with us and unboxing video or pictures. Found some neat tricks post them here too for everyone to see. Or just tell us how excited you are to finally hold one in your hands!

Haven't got your PlayBook yet? Post some questions for those who have and hopefully they can answer.
    04-15-11 01:41 PM
    i got mine, but i cant get it past the agreement screen
    04-15-11 02:18 PM
    Is it possible to include a poll so we know which size people got? And that's in hand, not en route. Thnx
    meganVee likes this.
    04-15-11 02:55 PM
    Congrats on the new Playbook!!

For those who own a functional Pb, can you please verify if you can use your BB smartphones keyboard with the Pb via bluetooth??

Thanks in advance.
    SMCNI1968 likes this.
    04-15-11 03:28 PM
    I received my pre-ordered device Friday afternoon and was pleasantly surprised, until I tried to activate it. I too am stuck at the accept agreement screen. I'm surprised there aren't more posts on Crackberry about this. I guess just not that many people received them.

Anyway, it has made for a very long weekend, to see this shiny new BlackBerry sitting here and not be able to do anything with it, while reading about others using theirs. I don't understand why BlackBerry would force us to wait until the 19th to be able to use it.
    04-16-11 11:13 AM
    Because they're still working on the software update that will download on the 19th...I'm not joking, and is a good thing as it should clear up the memory leak and some of the other issues reviewers found.
    wirelesstalk and stax0798 like this.
    04-16-11 04:40 PM
    I got my Playbook.
    In 2 days.
    Willard814 and stax0798 like this.
    04-16-11 08:44 PM
    I think having it and not being able to use it may be worse than still waiting for it to arrive!

The whole thing with the access screen being locked until the 19th somehow just strikes me as funny... like waiting for the RIM mothership to send out a message to phone home! I guess on the 19th, we will be assimilated!
    Willard814, tonka28 and stax0798 like this.
    04-16-11 09:30 PM
    I agree with BBOttawa. They need everyone who bought it to be operating off the same final release OS so they can deal with any issues from that point forward. Otherwise, mass confusion. btw no one is mentioning how they came to obtain their pb early.................
    stax0798 likes this.
    04-16-11 11:02 PM
    Remember RIM head quarters is based out of an IGLOO!
    04-16-11 11:49 PM
    Got mine
    04-17-11 02:51 AM
    btw no one is mentioning how they came to obtain their pb early.................
    I ordered 2 of them from Insight as part of their pre-order program and received a shipment from them on Friday with both of them included. They told me Insight was one of RIM's large corporate partners that were guaranteed to receive a certain amount of stock by April 19. I guess they received their's early.
    stax0798 likes this.
    04-17-11 01:58 PM
    anyone know how to reset blackberry id- I put in the wrong one and want to change it..
    04-17-11 02:09 PM
    Remember RIM head quarters is based out of an IGLOO!
    Thats just ignorant. You probably think a white sheet is clothing to. Go away.
    puffski, blackmoe and stax0798 like this.
    04-17-11 02:46 PM
    You probably think a white sheet is clothing to.
    Psst... it is: Toga.
    tonka28 and stax0798 like this.
    04-17-11 03:25 PM
    my playbook is on the way to uk, many thanx to my brother in canada (:
    04-17-11 06:12 PM
    Just curious to know for those who have already received their Playbooks, did you get an email notification that it shipped? Anyone get a pre-order from Best Buy? Going slowly insane waiting....
    04-17-11 06:55 PM
    As well, for the lucky folks that have their PB and cases too, can u please post pics showing the back, front, side views and your opinions on accessibility? Does it act like a stand too?

I'm trying to decide which case to get, unfortunately the vendors' pics are somewhat useless.

Thanks in advance.
    04-17-11 09:10 PM
    I got my playbook in hong kong but also encountering issue on registering the ID....is it certain we can register them on the 19th APril.... I can't sleep now...:C
    04-17-11 11:57 PM
    I ordered a 32GB PB from Staples, just because I had a $20 Dividend Rebate that I could apply

The lack of advertising makes me think they created adds that promised things that they could not deliver on launch day, but I am only guessing
    04-18-11 12:35 AM
    I just climbed into my time machine and went to the 19th and got my PB. Unfortunately, when I got back to today it wouldn't work anymore. So, I'm off to Tuesday and will wait there for you all! See ya then!
    04-18-11 08:23 AM
    I got my 32GB Playbook (Staples pre-order) and I'm using it now. It did a software update right off the bat (.1610 if I remember correctly). I can't set up the Bridge because the software isn't available yet in App World for the phone. I did hook it up to Desktop Manager. I got a connection error but restarting my Playbook fixed that. When it made a connection it synced and backed up and then offered another OS update (.1690) and it's rebooting from that. I love the device so far although the app availability is certainly an issue. I honestly believe it will get better.
    Last edited by dispatcher307; 04-18-11 at 12:37 PM.
    04-18-11 10:37 AM
    So I've been playing with my Playbook (between actual work) and I agree with all the reviews that the biggest downfall is the lack of apps. There's a ton of apps in the App World but they largely suck. There's no major apps like Netflix, Kindle (which was announced but mysteriously is not there), native Facebook app, Twitter app, etc. It's a lot of apps people made from their basements to get a free Playbook. I'm not knocking it because some of them are cute but I'm looking for functionality. I'm not disappointed I got the Playbook (I'm ecstatic in fact) and I'm sure if the sales are good the apps will follow, it's just an observation.

On the plus side, the screen is incredible, the speakers are nice with good audio, the camera is impressive and I've gotten no lag or memory leaks at this point.

That's all for now.
    04-18-11 12:43 PM
    are you able to save a bookmark onto the homescreen like you are able to do with the ipad??

that would help with the no native email, twitter and facebook apps
    04-18-11 12:51 PM
    Its Christmas in my office right now. It just got delivered from UPS via Staples USA. Its a 32gb
    04-18-11 01:41 PM
1,192 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD