Hey guys so today I dropped by the mall when it opened and they had the official keyboard for sale. I did a quick unboxing video that will be on my YouTube channel and website after it uploads!! So far I'm really liking the keyboard. The whole case adds a lot of weight to the playbook but overall I'm liking it. I'm a student so it will much better than taking my laptop.
    I'll do a full review on it after I use it for a couple of days and I'll post it here so stay tuned Has anyone else ran to their mall to buy today???loving crackberry nation !!!!

I'll add the link to the video once it's up
    cerone1970 and mszbzltn like this.
    03-22-12 12:36 PM
    Mine is still on Order with a anticipated deivery date to ATL area this weekend, however nice to hear that you are as excited as I am to receive and put in use.....my BB Leather Book binder cover has several takers already at my house who are anxiously hoping that it checks out so they can get one for Birthday/Christmas, or just I was especially good this week Dad....

Anxious to see your Video review after you post it....let this Forum Thread know as soon as you do.....Blackberry forever! Luv'in V2.0
    03-22-12 12:47 PM
    Hey, that's great! Looking forward to the video. I received notification from TheSource that my keyboard is being shipped for in-store pickup. Should get it sometime next week. In meantime, I'm looking forward to hearing impressions from those who already have it.
    03-22-12 12:48 PM
    Hey guys so today I dropped by the mall when it opened and they had the official keyboard for sale. I did a quick unboxing video that will be on my YouTube channel and website after it uploads!! So far I'm really liking the keyboard. The whole case adds a lot of weight to the playbook but overall I'm liking it. I'm a student so it will much better than taking my laptop.
    I'll do a full review on it after I use it for a couple of days and I'll post it here so stay tuned Has anyone else ran to their mall to buy today???loving crackberry nation !!!!

I'll add the link to the video once it's up
    Would you happen to have a store name, or the state inwhich it was purchased?......just asking, might go after work
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-22-12 12:53 PM
    I dropped by The Source in Burlington Mall at lunch today and picked one up. Haven't opened it yet though.
    03-22-12 01:03 PM
    Hey guys the video is now up on my channel make sure you go and check it out or on my website
    03-22-12 01:51 PM
    the place if bought at was at the source at eatons center downtown toronto get them fast cause they said they were selling out soon. Im expecting this for most sources. They appear to bundle them together playbook and keyboard as well , which i think is an awesome deal for people.
    03-22-12 01:54 PM
    Is it possible to type "properly" (ie: with both hands) on that small keyboard? Is there enough room?
    03-22-12 02:04 PM
    Damn it I shouldn't have pre ordered!
    03-22-12 02:14 PM
    Is it possible to type "properly" (ie: with both hands) on that small keyboard? Is there enough room?
    Well I'm typing this in class with it and for me its ok I'm using both hands. It will get some time getting used to it though.
    03-22-12 02:28 PM
    With a little more practice I think I'll be able to. I have small hands/fingers though.
    03-22-12 02:51 PM
    I'm guessing this is the video.
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaGYU8ZkcUs&feature=player_embedded[/YT]
    03-22-12 02:57 PM
    Very cool, thanks for sharing. Also I tag it for News Tip.
    Zetti likes this.
    03-22-12 03:05 PM
    That is the video thanks :P sometimes Im scared to post things cause I don't want to get banned cause I also have my own site but really love crackberry.com .
    03-22-12 03:12 PM
    I think this is a prank. Because we've had a couple of posters within the last two or three weeks that posted no way would RIM continue to support the PB, let alone actually release an OEM keyboard case, and these guys are always right
    03-22-12 03:24 PM
    The keyboard is in many of the "TheSource" stores in GTA. Unfortunately I need to wait for mine to get shipped, which is still not even shipped although it was pre ordered and available in stores already! Looking forward to see mine arrive and will enjoy your review video.
    keith1000 likes this.
    03-22-12 03:54 PM
    Maybe I should drive up to Vancouver (does White Rock have a Source? (G)) but with the price of gas, that would make the keyboard about 6 times the price of the pb!

The last time I did a 'drive-by' for something at Mountain Equipment Coop, I was in Canada for about 1.5 hours (and most of that was stuck in traffic on Oak St), I got the royal grilling when coming back.
    schiri likes this.
    03-22-12 04:17 PM
    Arghhhh I hate you guys. I preordered and I got the email saying it would be in next week. Though I saw these reviews about some who bought them outright. So I called my local source and they had them in stock. So I like a super fanboy headed down there to buy one despite my preorder.

I think preordering is kinda dumb

Edit: the product locator on the website was wrong though I imagine eventually it will show correct stock
    Last edited by Guyzer; 03-22-12 at 05:29 PM.
    03-22-12 05:26 PM
    Arghhhh I hate you guys. I preordered and I got the email saying it would be in next week. Though I saw these reviews about some who bought them outright. So I called my local source and they had them in stock. So I like a super fanboy headed down there to buy one despite my preorder.

I think preordering is kinda dumb

Edit: the product locator on the website was wrong though I imagine eventually it will show correct stock
    its good you preordered cause what the sales man told me was that most Sources got about 10 and when i went to get it he said he only had a couple left so by tomorrow they will be gone for sure!!. Also they are bundling them with playbooks so stock might go to that whole thing.
    03-22-12 08:01 PM
    Hi. The pre order was supposed to be cheaper than in store. How much are they selling for retail?
    Keith
    03-22-12 09:29 PM
    Same price... It will be this until april sometime. Says so on the website
    03-22-12 09:33 PM
    Hi. The pre order was supposed to be cheaper than in store. How much are they selling for retail?
    Keith
    In Canada it's $100, evidently exclusive to The Source.

Dave
    03-23-12 02:23 AM
    keyboard!!! why u no arrive in India??? *rage face*

Sent from my PlayBook using Tapatalk
    03-23-12 05:53 AM
    If you have the time can you tell me if the right click on the touchpad works in anything other than the citrix demo RIM showed. Specifically I'd love this if the right click worked in an RDP app or the browser based logmein/join.me
    03-23-12 06:30 AM
    If you have the time can you tell me if the right click on the touchpad works in anything other than the citrix demo RIM showed. Specifically I'd love this if the right click worked in an RDP app or the browser based logmein/join.me
    The double tap to right mouse click works fine in Splashtop. I don't have Citrix or the RDP app so I can't test those.
    03-23-12 09:02 AM
115 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD