Is there a way to setup an Office Outlook Webmail account in the Native Email? This isn't accessable from behind my work firewall but the Exchange Server isn't accessable outside my work network.

Just wondering how to access work Exchange email through the Native Email in 2.0 from outside my work network.

Thanks for any help.

Mike
    02-21-12 08:50 AM
    My MS office webmail account set up manually OK as long as you know your server domain name and web address, select MS exchange active sync from advanced setup and enter your details manually
    02-21-12 10:01 AM
    This is worth a try for most Exchange installations: If your Outlook Web Access (OWA) server is accessed at the URL of http://webmail.mycompany.com/ , add an account by selecting Advanced Setup, Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, and enter a Server Address of webmail.mycompany.com. Fill out your username, e-mail and password appropriately.

You may also need to enter a Domain - if you typically enter a username of "NT/john.doe", put "NT" in Domain and "john.doe" in the Username field.

If that doesn't work, repeat all of the above steps by select IMAP instead of Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync to see if that works instead. If neither option works, you'll have to talk to your IT people to see what they can do. This isn't a PlayBook issue, it's a security protocol set up by your employer.
    02-21-12 10:13 AM
    Hi

I've got a similar problem, I've been using the Outlook Web Access address on my phone to pick up my work email for nearly 2 years and it's worked perfectly. I can use the filters to easily turn it on or off as needed so for me it's ideal.

I was hoping that setting it up on my Playbook would be similarly easy, unfortunately I've been proved wrong. I tried following the instructions above but whatever I can't get it to connect. I'm getting messages that vary from can't access server to my account details are wrong (none of which are particularly helpful). It's working perfectly with the same details on my phone so I don't see how the issue could be with my server security settings.

What's wrong with developing a system where you can just import email settings from one device to another? Is that too much to ask considering the length of time they've had to develop this?

Carl
    02-26-12 05:28 AM
    Unfortantly in the transition to a new OS there are some pros and cons. While a lot of IT depts have allowed activesync there are still some that, for whatever reason, are still locked down. Your options are trying, nicely, to talk your work into allowing activesync. If that does not work maybe IT could set up IMAP settings for their server. That would allow you to receive email and they would continue the security they enjoy. If that doesn't work how about forwarding your email to a outside account. Gmail for example does a good job of handling forwarded email. It can be set up to look like you responded from your original account. Hope one of these options will work for you.
    02-26-12 07:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD