One each
    ... and some 16Gbs too.
    04-19-11 09:28 AM
    Be wary of Office Depot. Almost bout a 64gb this morning. They had 1. Asked about their return policy and they said 14 day but only if unopened? If opened then credit or exchange only....no money back or refunds! I told them they wee crazy, what if I opened the box and it was broken or defective and they said, too bad!

No longer an Office Depot customer
    04-19-11 09:42 AM
    Looks like I was lucky. I bought one in an Office Depot store here and everything was fine.

But like just about everything else you buy these days they tried up selling the extended warranty. Here's the way they say it works. For the 64 gig it is $199 for a two year extended warranty. Supposedly covers everything INCLUDING a new battery if it will only hold 50% or less charge.

I'd be interested in anyone's view if they think this MIGHT be worth it. I realize it is still way too early to tell what the re-charge cycle life of the PB battery is. Maybe someone has some insights through. I know back a few years ago with my old Dell D620 the life was only about 14-18 months before you had to replace it.
    Just outside it's warranty coverage.
    I still have about 10 days to decide if I want to pay the $199.

Thanks,
    04-23-11 08:24 AM
    My opinion, extended warrantees are a rip-off.
    If all you are concerned about is the battery, I'm certain it will cost less than $199 to replace. Also, in 1-2 years, the whole PlayBook itself is probably not going to be worth much more that much.
    04-23-11 09:12 AM
    i agree. extended warrantees are a rip. when office depot said they would replace the battery at 50%, what exactly constitutes 50%? up here, the futureshop extended warrantee will only replace the item if it had the same problems 3 times. each time they try to fix it takes months.

check with you credit card company, most will off an extended warrantee if you use their credit card to make a purchase.
    04-23-11 10:11 AM
    I will say, I went in on launch day and the guy had just set it up and let me really play with it. But their "in store credit" and no real refund definitely sent me away. He also tried telling me about that "battery" warranty. But again, NO REFUND meant no sale.
    04-23-11 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD