I have installed apk extension for Google Chrome so that I could download an apk file from android Google play for conversion to my playbook. My only problem is that I need an android device number and email username to download from Google play......I don't have an android device to get one. Does anyone know where I could get one? Or can anyone download this free apk file for me this one time? It's for my work, it's a free app to help with sales and new product releases. The app is called ibaqus.

Best regards,
    10-26-12 07:49 AM
    Hey Chris,
    If you have a windows PC or a laptop, you may follow the below steps to get android device id...
    1. Install the android simulator program called "bluestacks"... available for free
    2. Register it with your existing google username-password
    3. Install the "Device ID" apk into bluestacks
    4. Run the program in bluestacks to get the android device ID.

Hope you should have the device id with you now.. do let me know your feedback.
    10-26-12 08:18 AM
    Thanks BawaJose! That was a great tip. I got the apk file using the device number generated from BlueStacks player "device" id app. I now have converted the apk file using an online APK to Bar converter, and then installed to my playbook to find out, it doesn't work. None the less, i'm sure there will be other apps to try out. Thanks again for your quick reply.
    10-26-12 09:26 AM
    I get all my. APK files from APKTOP they have search feature which makes it easy
    10-26-12 10:57 AM
    Hi bawajose - bluestacks may be just what I am looking for, but I cannot figure out how to use it. I installed it, and bluestacks window comes up, but I don't see where to "register with Google username-password" (by the way, to whom am I revealing the password?). I clicked on the magnifier and entered "device id" but the searching spins endlessly. Where will the apk files end up for converting to bar?

I thought I was a pretty smart guy, but I'm just not seeing how to use this program! Can you please provide more details for using bluestacks? Thanks!
    10-26-12 11:53 AM
    @ rlfisher.... I'm sorry.... I installed the bluestacks few months back and really don't remember the registration steps... hopefully chrisstlaurent can help you with this?? On your concerns reg the google username-password, I think you yourself will only be able to protect your email account :-) so you may create a temp google ID to register in bluestacks... or enable 2-step verification for your gmail and may be you can use application specific password for bluestacks.
    I can suggest you two apks to install in bluestacks to get the apks directly to your PC and then convert them to bar files.
    1. apk share - to backup the apks in bluestacks
    2. ES File Explorer - to copy the apks to your windows folder
    You may also any other apps that do the same job
    Open "apk share" and select the apk you wish to backup. Once backed up, it is stored in /sdcard/apkshare
    Now open ES File Explorer and navigate to the above path and click "select" to enable multiselect and now you can select all the apks you wish to copy locally to your pc folder. Once done, click "copy" or "cut" and navigate back to /sdcard where you can find a folder named "windows"... move into the "windows" folder and paste the apks.. say inside your documents folder.
    You now have the apk with you and converting it to bar is a straight forward step I would guess... else use PlayBook .apk to .bar converter to convert it to bar with no pain :-)

An alternate way to download apk directly to your playbook is by installing the "blackmart" app to your playbook... I know you can find the bar in crackberry... use it at your own risk :-)

Hope this helps!!!
    10-26-12 02:09 PM
    Thanks for that helpful information, I'll try to get further along!
    10-26-12 02:38 PM
    Please read "2-step verification" as "2-step authentication".... sorry for the typo :-(
    10-26-12 02:39 PM
    Hi bawajose - bluestacks may be just what I am looking for, but I cannot figure out how to use it. I installed it, and bluestacks window comes up, but I don't see where to "register with Google username-password" (by the way, to whom am I revealing the password?). I clicked on the magnifier and entered "device id" but the searching spins endlessly. Where will the apk files end up for converting to bar?

I thought I was a pretty smart guy, but I'm just not seeing how to use this program! Can you please provide more details for using bluestacks? Thanks!
    Just play around with it and you will eventually get it. And make a new gmail account on the side and use that. I did that and it worked.
    Of course I also had to follow these steps: APK Downloader – Download APK files from Android Market to PC � code ki
    10-26-12 02:55 PM
    OK... registering my Google account got me a lot farther... search finds apps and I grabbed a few I wanted. I installed apk share and es file explorer... I was able to copy the apk files, but i didn't see a Windows folder - I set up a LAN connection, browsed to my desktop, and I got the copies into my windows file system. thank you so much.
    Last edited by rlfisher; 10-26-12 at 03:25 PM.
    Saintan likes this.
    10-26-12 03:13 PM
    I cant use google play store......it said that authentication is required and i chose my gmail account........but it said me to log in to my account..............How to do??
    02-02-13 03:22 AM
    respected sir,plz tell me how can i download apk files from google play without android device i'D......?
    02-04-13 05:32 AM
    respected sir,plz tell me how can i download apk files from google play without android device i'D......?
    02-04-13 05:34 AM
    02-04-13 05:36 AM
    You can't. You have to install something like Bluestacks onto your PC, then download Device Id, which gets you the Device Id of Bluestacks, which then you can use to log into Google Play.

Malcolm.
    02-04-13 08:06 AM
    I cant use google play store......it said that authentication is required and i chose my gmail account........but it said me to log in to my account..............How to do??
    See below
    02-04-13 08:07 AM
    No windows folder is appearing under the sdcard. Anything I need to do to get that to appear? Thanks.

Obtaining apk files from Google play without android device I'd (convert for playbook)-nowin.jpg
    02-04-13 10:31 AM
    It's in the 'bstfolder' uhhh folder...
    02-16-13 07:11 PM
    Another source I have used in the past to get .apk files so here:

Android Freeware: Best and Free Software for Android mobile platform

Then I have used this to upload the app and convert it. Some work and some don't :

PlayBook .apk to .bar converter
    02-16-13 11:28 PM
    Well I too have searched the Internet up one side and down the other sure that I could find it and post it for you to no avail.
    02-17-13 12:13 AM
    Really helpful post btw - thanks to bawajose!
    03-07-13 04:17 AM
    I knew one of us crackerberries would bring this up.

Like being stranded in a desert without fluids we need apps for Z10
    04-05-13 06:06 PM
    Can anyone just send a device ID?

That would be lovely since I don't want to to download the simulator and all the stuff..

thx
    06-19-13 03:15 PM
    Hey Chris,
    If you have a windows PC or a laptop, you may follow the below steps to get android device id...
    1. Install the android simulator program called "bluestacks"... available for free
    2. Register it with your existing google username-password
    3. Install the "Device ID" apk into bluestacks
    4. Run the program in bluestacks to get the android device ID.

Hope you should have the device id with you now.. do let me know your feedback.
    FYI, this also works on the Mac for getting a device id.

link: Run Mobile Apps on Windows PC or Mac with BlueStacks | Android App Player
    06-25-13 08:36 AM
    bawajose - you are awesome! Thanks dude!
    07-31-13 07:22 AM
26 12