Old saying, 'If you can't say something good, then don't say anything at all'

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/22/te...ref=technology

NY Time Technology Section Caption (22Feb2012): An E-Mail App Arrives for the BlackBerry Tablet

For months the NYTimes has been bad mouthing the Playbook using the standard Apple talking points: time and again the PB is TOTALLY terrible because it does NOT have native email ... ya da, ya da ...

Now that PB OS2 DOES have native email their Blog continues the same points. Obviously the writer does not have a Playbook, did not give it a trial, and does not have a BB phone to trial the bridge advantages THEN compare with the iPad<>iPhone (NO bridge). From his writing, it sounds like he is writing from a Apple script.

The writer, IAN AUSTEN, is ready to write-off RIM and the Playbook. He says:

While several analysts welcomed the arrival of the new operating system, they were also skeptical that it would make RIM a significant force in the tablet computer market or inspire consumers to wait for a new, and also delayed, line of phones that will use similar software.

“It probably puts a couple of fingers in the dike,” said Mike Abramsky, an analyst with RBC Capital Markets, a unit of the Royal Bank of Canada. “While many of the updates are nice, albeit late, there isn’t much to differentiate it from Android and iPad tablets.”

(EXCUSE ME: do they not know PB has FLASH, iPad NOT, or PB has bridge to phone, iPad has NOT ... and more ...)

Tero Kuittinen, a senior analyst at M.G.I. Research, said that the changes would not be sufficient for the PlayBook to compete successfully with the third generation of the iPad, which is expected in March, or devices like Amazon’s Kindle Fire.
    “Nothing matters anymore; it’s over,” he said. “It’s going to be fairly impossible for RIM to do anything.”

(EXCUSE ME while I take a gulp of air. gag. Apple MUST release NEW hardware when they upgrade their system because they can't get it right the first or second.. time. On the other hand, RIM came out with great PB hardware the first time, AND, UPDATED THE OS FOR FREE )

While the new software plugs the biggest gaps in the PlayBook, it nevertheless failed to bring all of the features found on BlackBerry phones to the PlayBook. Most notably, the upgrade lacks BlackBerry Messenger, RIM’s instant messaging service. Several RIM executives, including Thorsten Heins, the new chief executive, have repeatedly said that BlackBerry Messenger was one of the most popular and important features on its phones. The company has been vague about the reasons for its continued absence on the PlayBook.
    (EXCUSE ME.: If you HAVE a BLACKBERRY phone with a BB plan THEN YOU ALREADY HAVE BBM. Just because you can not SEE it native to PB is no big deal.)
    Last edited by mandony; 02-22-12 at 08:43 PM.
    02-22-12 08:36 PM
    Analyists are just that Analyists-----Enough said.
    scuebydue and mandony like this.
    02-22-12 08:41 PM
    My only issue with your arguments against this article is that you are basically saying that you have to have a BB phone to make the PB competitive or even better? than the iPad.

You do realize that (especially in NA) the market share for BB phones is dwindling? Until people get to see the new BB10 phones (when? nov or Dec?) who will know what the future of RIM will be.

I know that iPhone 5 will be out in sept/Oct and by then most people will already have bought their new phone leaving RIM late to the table again.

Also, you mention the advantages over iPad. But Android tabs that are priced similar to the PB also have Flash and more apps available. No bridge, but again, you have to have a BB phone for that....and honestly, soon very few people besides those who need them for work (forced) will be using the BB.

I wanted to add that I do like the newest Bold. Its a nice phone. No apps and limited internet etc. but for pure communication it is a great device.
    Last edited by Beckham23; 02-22-12 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Some love for the Bold
    02-22-12 08:46 PM
    My only issue with your arguments against this article is that you are basically saying that you have to have a BB phone to make the PB competitive or even better? than the iPad.

You do realize that (especially in NA) the market share for BB phones is dwindling? Until people get to see the new BB10 phones (when? nov or Dec?) who will know what the future of RIM will be.
    I pointed out these same things in another thread.
    02-22-12 08:54 PM
    I pointed out these same things in another thread.
    Sorry, so many of the same type of threads popping up its hard to keep track.

link to thread?
    02-22-12 08:57 PM
    Sorry, so many of the same type of threads popping up its hard to keep track.

link to thread?
    Tell me about it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ential-702075/
    02-22-12 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD