ok, I know there's been other threads on this line but thought id share.

regardless of the doom and gloom prophets announcing the demise of the pb (which doesn't matter as according to the mayans the world will end before BB10 anyway), my extended family has grown in love for the pb, with more sales taking place yesterday.

yesterday it was one for both my in laws, for different purposes after they have been wowed by mine. father in law the 'proud' owner of a xoom (ahem).

funny thing was they are still flying off the shelves at pcworld for �129, but the sales guy wanted to demo it for my, until I explained more about qnx than he knew.

doom and gloom or not they are multiplyng roung here and the message is growing!
    BigwhiteUK and G-bone like this.
    12-09-12 03:07 AM
    I can trace at least 10 Plabook since purchasing one in october last year and at �129 for 64 Gb its almost a no braininer! I almost feel that I should stand in PC world and tell all the Mugs forking out much more cash for other systems what they could have for so little money!
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    12-09-12 04:21 AM
    Awesome buy for the money, and people don't realize the quality of the PB and it's software. And after BB10 and the update, well who knows can't Waite to see it.
    12-09-12 07:13 AM
    Yeah.. We now have 5 in the house.. And since I've been bringing mine into work and "showing it off", there's been at least 9 or 10 that I know of that people have picked up for themselves or love ones. What's crazy is that many of them own iphones and were down on the capabilities of the pb until they got them in their hands.
    What's really too bad is that Playbooks have been sold out a lot. If the inventory stock wasn't in that position I believe much more could have been sold. More sold.. means less excuses for developers to make apps for...
    12-09-12 07:28 AM
    I love my playbook more everyday. I always find something new to do with it.
    12-09-12 07:30 AM
    I love my playbook more everyday. I always find something new to do with it.
    Totally agree, the PB is so handy and with the bridge it goes everywhere with me.
    12-09-12 07:38 AM
    Since I bought my playbook a year ago, I have used it every single day for both work and leisure. I even used it at the hospital last week to make a video of my unborn baby's first ultrasound! I know that 6 pb's have been purchased after seeing me use mine, and I even bought a second 64 gig for myself so I now have one for work and one for all my nerd stuff at home. My wife asked me what I want for christmas and I told her I want another playbook. Is that wrong? The only way I can see myself not using my pb's is if RIM does end up releasing the much rumored 10 inch tablet or lap top replacement we hear about. 53 days until BB10!
    12-09-12 07:55 AM
    I have been directly and indirectly responsible for about 12 playbook purchases
    12-09-12 10:53 AM
    I have about 16 people on my video chat list. 12 of them are family and friends who didn't own PlayBooks last spring. I'd say a good half are recent purchases, say within the last three months. Price has definitely been a factor but at the end of the day the quality experience tops price as we're talking about very satisfied owners.
    12-09-12 11:56 AM
    Responsible for 6 PlayBook purchases. Not an easy task here in the U.S lol
    alan510 likes this.
    12-09-12 05:57 PM
    My wife asked me what I want for christmas and I told her I want another playbook. Is that wrong?
    Well I think she'd have preferred to hear you say, "Darling wife the only gift you need give me for Christmas is yourself. Now go put on that tarty lingerie I gave you for our anniversary." ROFLMAO

The only way I can see myself not using my pb's is if RIM does end up releasing the much rumored 10 inch tablet or lap top replacement we hear about. 53 days until BB10!
    There is no laptop replacement device apart from using the BlackBerry PlayBook for many of the functions you presently use your laptop computer to accomplish. There are a legion of BlackBerry PlayBook users whom have already been using this tablet as an effective notebook/laptop computer replacement in our daily lives, both personal and professional. Our ability to use the tablet so productively is attributable in large part to a handful of active BlackBerry PlayBook application developers. With the proper strategy Research In Motion could transform the current tablet into the ultimate portable office suitable for use in the office and away from the desk; they have the pieces already but not the necessary strategy to bring everything together. For example, a rapid charging dock with built-in ports HDMI, Bluetooth and USB to create a drop-in solution in many workplaces and academic institutions. As I type this message my desk has an HDTV monitor, BlackBerry smartphone in charging dock, BlackBerry PlayBook in charging dock, Bluetooth keyboard and mouse (for use with my notebook computer but could be used with the tablet if the rapid charging dock accepted USB Bluetooth dongles), dual WiFi routers for connecting to my home network and work network. If the tablet supported networked printing via CUPS I could even print directly from this tablet. The technology exists, Research In Motion needs the motivation to make it reality.
    Bumble2000 and bay1902 like this.
    12-09-12 07:37 PM