- CrackBerry Genius
- 4,313 Posts
The number 1 thing i would change about Appworld
Increase the resolution of the screenshots for apps. It really does them no justice. In some cases it makes them look terrible. I really hope they fix that in the next update
On the positive side AppWorld seems to be flooding with new apps and a lot of them good!
- CrackBerry Genius
03-16-2012, 01:29 AM #13
- 1,714 Posts
My wishlist. Yup, I have a long one.
(1) Increase resolution of images.
(2) Increase size of the images.
(3) Images must be mandatory for all apps.
(4) Make the written section mandatory whereby developers actually explain what their app does.
(5a) Reinstitute the "What's updated" section - utterly stupid for RIM to remove that.
(5b) If "What's updated" is now impossible , add the following to "My World" - a section called "Apps I'm Tracking" whereby the user could add apps that they want to keep an eye on to see if updates have been applied before the app is downloaded.
How is this different from the current My World settings? Well I'll tell you I had installed RichPix which worked fine for a few months and then stopped working; I deleted it. Some months later, I saw that it appeared in the "What's updated" section so I downloaded it again as the app now worked. I suppose I could have kept the app on my Playbook but for those people who delete non-functioning apps like myself, it would be helpful to be able to track them so that we would know if an upgrade has arrived and fixed the problem.
The other use for this would be as a way for the user to keep track of apps he/she may want to download/purchase sometime in the future as opposed to right now, i.e., like a To buy list.
6) Make it mandatory that change logs be included.
7) Make it even more mandtory that change logs be included when the app switches from a native app to an android app.
8) Make it even that much more mandatory that change logs be included when the app goes from a native app to an android app and loses functionaity that the original native app had. Ya, I'm looking at you iSpeechTranslator - changed to Android and removed the ability to speak your text and have it translated. That's a great upgrade - not!
9) Increase the number of apps shown as What's New, Top Paid, Top Free, etc, to, at minimum, 50; preferably more.
10) Increase the options to which a search can be performed.
11) Add a section to "My World" to which the user could put the name of the developer they happen to like that would actively monitor when the developer adds/updates apps in the store. If said developer has added a new app or updated an existing app, then a notification should occur so that the user is aware of the changes.
12) Provide an indication that an app is "native" vs "native-android".
13) And I haven't thought this one through to much, but allow the Playbook to have an option to search for apps that are compatible on your phone; be able to purchase the app; and then have the app automatically downloaded to my phone. My main reason for this is that the current design of App World, while maybe working smoothly on the OS 7 phones, doesn't always seem to work well on the OS 6 phones. Using a 9780, for example, I'm constantly scrolling right or left when I want to be scrolling down. I just find it very finicky to browse on a 9780. Navigating App World on the Playbook is substantially easier.
That's it.The Z10 will be my last BB phone; switching platforms.
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-16-2012, 02:05 AM #15
- 451 Posts
When I Submitted Free Game Night Points Counter - Download Game Night Points Counter - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World I couldn't even figure out how to include screenshots because they wanted them in 640x640, square resolution, what? lol
- 03-16-2012, 03:14 AM #17
- 03-16-2012, 05:08 AM #18
also, I would like the option to delete uninstalled apps permanantly in my world. I understand that listing things you have downloaded before would make finding apps you used after a reinstall or new device easier, but some apps are just crap and I would like to not see them appear in "my world" permanantly.
Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
- CrackBerry Genius
03-16-2012, 08:40 AM #20
- 3,213 Posts
I would like a search function where just inputing the exact, or near exact name of an app would get you the app(s) you're looking for. Right now, when you do a search, you get results for everything under the sun, and in every category. If you've done a search on iTunes for apps, or for music for that matter, you'll know what I'm talking about.If You Can Read This, Thank a Teacher...if it's in English, Thank a Soldier
We etch these names in granite to stand against time so we and our children can learn and remember.
- 03-16-2012, 10:55 AM #23
I would like a launch button by each app in my world. so I dont have to swipe out after I purchase app to launch it. And I would also like a auto-update tab on eack app so if it something I dont mind auto updating, I can just click it and it be done.Dear RIM,
Sigh..... /shakes head.....Sigh
- CrackBerry Addict
03-16-2012, 11:10 AM #25
- 773 Posts
if you don't know the name of the app you are looking for or the correct spelling, you will never find it.
for example, samurai 2; i'd never find it unless i knew a game with that title existed and searched it with the correct spelling.
i'd like to see all the categories displayed like the 'feature' page.
example: all the top rated and most purchased games; all 3 angry birds, cut the rope, PvZ, air attack, dead space, samurai 2, monopoly, modern combat 2, asphalt 6, madden, nova 2, spiderman, need 4 speed, fruits & ninja, ...etc.
all the top quality 5-star games. the ones to show people that the playbook has the top cool games. but show them ALL. not just 10, because the other top 20-30 games will not be found any other way.
then another for new arrivals.
Last edited by drummer_god; 03-16-2012 at 12:08 PM.