After the recent announcement of BlackBerry's partnership with Amazon, and the the announcement of the new devices, I think that BlackBerry should really consider releasing the PlayBook 2.

After the NantHealth partnership announcement, I thought that the device they were developing for the health-care industry, was going to be a tablet, but it appears that the passport was the device in mind for that.

A seven inch tablet running BB10 would be amazing. It would take tablet/mobile productivity to another level. Add the fact that we could run apps from the Amazon store on it, along with beautiful native apps in Cascades, plus getting access to the hub, and you have a match made in heaven.

And one doesn't simply have a conversation about releasing a new tablet, without mentioning BlackBerry Bridge functionality. BlackBerry bridge is a killer app for me and would make purchasing the new tablet totally worth it. I'm confident that they could not only reach feature parity with the version that paired with BBOS phones, but could take it to the next level with new advancements in technology (miracast streaming from our phones to the tablet anyone?) It would simply be amazing. Bridge allows our tablet to not only be a great media device, but a powerful communications tool, enhanced by connectivity to your BlackBerry.

Now with the developments we've had with BBM as well, connecting the phone to the tablet could offer a really unique experience that could really bring people back to the platform. BlackBerry users would get a unique experience that blends BBM with Bridge on the tablet that could have some really interesting possibilities.

I imagine initiating group BBM video calls. Everyone on the call would receive the calls on their phone, but would have an option to "Open on PlayBook" if they have a software/hardware combination that supported bridge with miracast. Depending on where you are and what you're doing, this could free up your phone to continue doing another task while on the video call with the group.

From here you could also do group screen sharing of a business presentation in BlackBerry Express, or simply share photos from your recent vacation using Story Maker. So many possibilities. After the call is over, you could continue streaming media over Bridge to your tablet while using your phone to shoot messages and respond to social media accounts.

This kind of next level Bridge connectivity would open doors to new ways to experiencing gaming on the platform with BBM contacts as well. I hope to see some kind of BBM games in the near future as well. I envision being able to play a game with someone while on a "call" with them within BBM to either work together or go head to head.

Always stay connected. While playing games or streaming media on the tablet, answering emails, social media, texts, end entering first posts on CrackBerry become a breeze because it's all just a swipe away on your PlayBook running BB10. Having all the accounts you want linked over bridge and using Quick Reply to keep in touch means you never have to set your tablet down to respond to that important message.

If you need to hand your tablet to one of your children or a co-worker/friend, simply toggle off Bridge accounts/programs that you don't want them to have access to, so that you can show that file/photo/app on your tablet without worrying about them accessing any personal information (perhaps having a sharing option with predefined accounts that would automatically disconnect when sharing is turned on).

I obviously haven't given up on the idea of another tablet from BlackBerry, but I hope I'm not the only one. I've been hoping to hear about one in the rumor mill, but I've yet to catch wind of one.

Here's to hoping it's not too much of a stretch, especially if Hon Hai is going to take care of the hardware design and production.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    06-21-14 12:50 PM
    All this typing for nothing.

Posted via CB10
    dazzleaj and kthhrrsn like this.
    06-21-14 01:00 PM
    All this typing for nothing.

Posted via CB10
    I hope you're wrong! (You're probably right :P)

06-21-14 03:00 PM
    Let it go.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 04:22 PM
    Let it go.

Posted via CB10
    I want to. I really do. But I just don't like the other tablets on the market and I really like my PlayBook. I just want the next iteration of it with the new software the old hardware wasn't capable of running.

06-21-14 04:30 PM
    You want , you want, you want ...it's all about what you want. What about what BlackBerry want? They want everyone not to mention Playbook again!!
    06-21-14 05:48 PM
    I think there should be a playbook 2 as well the time is now!

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 06:59 PM
    I think there should be a playbook 2 as well the time is now!

Posted via CB10
    I hope Chen feels the same way! I wonder what it will take for them to want to get in the tablet game again?

06-21-14 09:59 PM
    You want , you want, you want ...it's all about what you want. What about what BlackBerry want? They want everyone not to mention Playbook again!!
    But I'm a customer, and the customer is always right. Right?

06-21-14 10:02 PM
    Not gonna happen, one they are trying to get the mobile devices (phones) portion of the company profitable first. I think they need to focus on getting things tightened up before trying another tablet.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10 or Q10!
    dazzleaj likes this.
    06-21-14 10:44 PM
    BlackBerry is trying to get stabilised, and, that means no PlayBook. There has been progress so far, and, though one may not like other tablets out there.......we realize how good of a device the PlayBook is, after the petition, and the website for it, there is no word from BBRY.....it isn't part of the plan.
    06-22-14 12:11 AM

BlackBerry do not consider playbook users as customers.
    00stryder, kbz1960 and dazzleaj like this.
    06-22-14 12:12 AM
    Not gonna happen, one they are trying to get the mobile devices (phones) portion of the company profitable first. I think they need to focus on getting things tightened up before trying another tablet.
    I agree, for whatever that's worth.......
    elliott436 likes this.
    06-22-14 12:14 AM
    We can dream.....

Posted via CB10 on the great Z30
    06-22-14 12:25 AM
    Well regardless i'd buy it!
    06-22-14 12:39 AM

In my book the customer is mostly wrong. Lol

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-22-14 01:20 AM
    Nobody will buy it, after they left the customer on their own without the BB10 upgrade on Playbook 1, I felt scammed even the cheapest android tablets have instagram, myscript calculator, and many others but Playbook. I won't buy Playbook 2 after this awful experience with Playbook 1. the last idiotic thing was leave the bridge without the functionalities for OS10 devices as used to be for OS7 previous ones.
    blackDorian and JeepBB like this.
    06-22-14 06:23 AM
    I would buy one

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 09:51 PM
    Nobody will buy it, after they left the customer on their own without the BB10 upgrade on Playbook 1, I felt scammed even the cheapest android tablets have instagram, myscript calculator, and many others but Playbook. I won't buy Playbook 2 after this awful experience with Playbook 1. the last idiotic thing was leave the bridge without the functionalities for OS10 devices as used to be for OS7 previous ones.
    I feel the same way, blackberry is a company that does not know in how to satisfy a customer and that's called in my book bad management. This is why they are in a deep hole with not way to escape and losing customers everyday.
    06-22-14 11:33 PM
    Most people who bought Playbooks did so at the heavily discounted price (by definition really). I know those who adopted early feel stung but don't assume everyone else feels the same way about the PlayBook as you do.

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    06-23-14 02:56 AM
    Most people who bought Playbooks did so at the heavily discounted price ...

... because of the promised update to BB10.

Remind me, how did that promise work out?

I was an early adopter. I paid full price. The whole history of the PB is littered with one broken promise after another.

I don't believe you should minimise the bad-taste the PB story has left in many buyer's mouths.

On topic: PB2 wont happen. BB don't have the cash, or the market share, and few would buy a partner tablet to a BB10 phone that is struggling to build any market presence.
    06-23-14 03:08 AM
    ... because of the promised update to BB10.

Remind me, how did that promise work out?

I was an early adopter. I paid full price. The whole history of the PB is littered with one broken promise after another.

I don't believe you should minimise the bad-taste the PB story has left in many buyer's mouths.

On topic: PB2 wont happen. BB don't have the cash, or the market share, and few would buy a partner tablet to a BB10 phone that is struggling to build any market presence.
    Nope. Because it was cheap. Very, very few as a proportion go anywhere near a site like Crackberry, we are not representative. They wouldn't have even known most likely.

I'm not minimising the bad taste in your mouth, but I am saying you (or me) are unlikely to be representative of anything but a very small subset of anything.
    06-23-14 04:53 AM
    I agree, for whatever that's worth.......
    Do not get me wrong I love my playbook still use it on a daily basis and would love to see a second generations be spawned. But with the current path blackberry is on it seems that tablets are on the back burner.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10 or Q10!
    06-23-14 12:32 PM
    I need to change my old playbook too.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 12:34 PM
    Still use old play books as media players and light browsing.
    Great speakers.
    Bought tab3&4, but would prefer an updated BB10 tablet.

Posted via CB10 /w Z10
    Banco and 3_M4N like this.
    06-23-14 01:11 PM
29 12