As above.

I have an iPad 2 which I love, but want a tablet that can link with my phone. Don't really want to get an iPhone to go with the iPad as I love my BlackBerry.

Just wondered if now is a good time to buy one? I'm fairly in sync with apple product cycles, but have no idea about BlackBerry, are there any upgrades coming soon?

Also, the price of a PlayBook is the same price as an iPod Touch! 169 GBP

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using the CrackBerry app!
    05-13-12 05:16 PM
    IMO, if you have a BB phone, then you should pick up a Playbook since they're comparatively (to other tablets) dirt-cheap. The bridge feature makes it worth it by itself.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-13-12 05:19 PM
    The search function is your best riend here; there are hundreds, if not thouands of threads which can answer any and every question you have. I am most certain you have a modicum of tech skills/knowledge, since you already have an iPad, so convince yourself by searching this forum, and searching the www, where the info is all presented in an easy to understand format; just don't look for answers in the android and apple forums.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-13-12 05:20 PM
    I am convinced about getting a PlayBook. Just wondered if there were any upgrades due as i dont want to buy one, only for a new one to be released soon after!

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    05-13-12 05:24 PM
    I am convinced about getting a PlayBook. Just wondered if there were any upgrades due as i dont want to buy one, only for a new one to be released soon after!

As I have stated, do a search. There is a plethora of news on the web and on here regarding the future PB2; all of it good, AND, current PB owners will not be left in the cold as a result, if that's what you're worried about.
    05-13-12 05:30 PM
    RIM have said that they will bring the new OS 10 (currently in development) to the pb after the phones which should is apparently around the end of the year. Not sure if any other users have more up to date information but it looks like RIM are really getting behind the pb!
    05-13-12 05:31 PM

According to rumours, 4G version is just around the corner. In RIM time, that means 2 weeks to 6 months.
    05-13-12 05:37 PM
    There is a Playbook2 coming out soon, 50% faster CPU, NFC, and 4G. The 4G units have already been through FCC, but nobody really knows if RIM will release it next month or in the coming months.
    05-13-12 05:39 PM
    4G won't really benefit me as I'm in the wonderful English country side and its not available!

The faster side intrigues me as I've got used to the speed of the iPad. How fast is the PB?

05-13-12 05:50 PM
    PB is faster and more fluid than the other one you mentioned.
    05-13-12 05:53 PM
    The Playbook is Rapid seriously.
    05-13-12 06:04 PM
    Probably the 4G Playbook will not be sold for �169 for a while.
    05-13-12 06:07 PM
    No, most likely not. And the PB is kinda fast & furious.
    05-13-12 06:17 PM
    Plain and simple buying a playbook for the current price is a no brainer.

It's fast and gets faster with each update. Imo its under priced by 100$.
    05-13-12 07:03 PM
    No better time to get one than now. An update to 2.1 will be coming soon and then more than likely some more incremental ones before the big bb10 update. It is fast and fluid and multitasks well. The UI is awesome and fun to use. More apps are being added all the time also.

Yes do it and be bold.
    05-13-12 07:05 PM
    If you already have a BB phone (which you do), then it's a no brainer. Other tablets in this price range are cheaply made Android tabs that you see sold in drug stores. The Playbook is a $500 tablet that has to sell for $200 because RIM flubbed its launch. The hardware is spectacular and RIM is still supporting it actively even though it's selling at fire-sale prices.

The PB2 won't, as someone else said already, be down to this price for a LONG time.
    05-13-12 07:21 PM
    As above.

I have an iPad 2 which I love, but want a tablet that can link with my phone. Don't really want to get an iPhone to go with the iPad as I love my BlackBerry.

Just wondered if now is a good time to buy one? I'm fairly in sync with apple product cycles, but have no idea about BlackBerry, are there any upgrades coming soon?

Also, the price of a PlayBook is the same price as an iPod Touch! 169 GBP

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using the CrackBerry app!
    Yes i think its an excellent time to get one. Especially at these prices !
    05-13-12 07:35 PM
    Buy it now these are the best prices 64gig for $299 is a great buy. The rumored 4G PlayBook will be out by Xmas. I don't know if it will be Xmas this year RIM can be slow at times. Even if a 4G PlayBook can out tomorrow it isn't like what happens to apple when they release their new ipad every other month and you have to buy it because the one you bought two months ago will nolonger get updates.
    05-13-12 07:38 PM
    Well, just downloading the latest OS on to my new BlackBerry PlayBook! Thanks guys

kbz1960, mszbzltn and alnamvet68 like this.
    05-14-12 12:33 PM
    No one has mentioned yet that since the Playbook has been out for about a year (although still competitively spec'd) you can now find accessories for EXTREMELY cheap and on clearance almost everywhere.

I bought:
    $14.99 rapid charger at Radioshack
    $9.99 BB leather folio case at Staples

I'm sure once the mini keyboard has been out for a few more months, the price will also drop to below $100. Also, it would seem that all these accessories will be able to be used for the (hopefully) soon to come Playbook 2. At $159 refurbished, it's a no brainer. Unless of course you absolutely need Skype or Netflix
    05-14-12 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD