I've been away for a bit. Playbook has been on the nightstand for occasional surfing and I was testing out Android for a phone.

I started using my Storm again Sunday, and with the Playbook / bridge updates today, I decided to bring the dusty Playbook with me to work.

The bridge improvements are welcome and good. BUT, why can't they fix the da#& notifications on Playbook? I'm still having issues with the email notification never clearing after email has been read (on either device). I assume its the same for you BBM users?

It's a known issue since day one and would seem to be low hanging fruit for the developers to fix.

Is everyone else continuing to have this issue?

Plus, they haven't done anything with the LED yet. I'm not troubled by this, but it seems like another to-do that coulda been done by now. This seems like it should be a priority for the rumored 2.0 as people will expect the same LED notification ability they have on BBOS.
    Last edited by TBacker; 08-24-11 at 05:26 PM.
    08-24-11 05:03 PM
    i found that it updates fine as long as you dont have a missed call or a text then it will not update the notification hope that helps
    08-24-11 06:47 PM
    i found that it updates fine as long as you dont have a missed call or a text then it will not update the notification hope that helps
    Interesting, but mine exhibits this behavior about 90% of the time without either of those conditions.

I'm now thinking its at least partially due to my Storm using a version 5 OS. Maybe the problem is less severe or non-existant on v6 and V7.

One more reason I'm jonesin for the Colt/superphone. QNX to QNX should be easy to make seamless.
    08-24-11 10:50 PM
    I have the same issue constantly with bbm using 9800 OS6. Like you say TBacker, an issue since day one. I seldom use my PB for bbming anymore, just sooo tired of this pathetic keyboard.
    08-25-11 12:18 AM
    I had this issue, and others, which inevitably were tied to a pop3 email account. I now have gotten into a routine where I clear out that inbox on my handheld periodically, and it has all but eliminated the problems.
    08-25-11 12:24 AM
    Same problem still here also, 9700 OS6.

How many Bridge updates do Rim need to get this sorted. Admittedly its is getting better.
    08-25-11 12:30 AM
    its strange y'all having that problem..for me, it stopped at the last bridge update before this most recent update of yesterday. i use 9700 OS6 with my PB
    08-25-11 12:39 AM
    I don't know about you, but I almost always have a notification that tells me that I have no notifications. The sheer paradoxal nature of it is fascinating.
    It's like going back in time and preventing your parents from conceiving you. Do you then exist? If they didn't conceive you, then you can't exist. But if you don't exist, then how can go back in time and stop your parents from conceiving you?
    See what I mean?
    rickgainsmith likes this.
    08-25-11 01:17 AM
    ditto 9780 os6 gotten same 4 notifications 3 times after deleting a day and a half ago. I believe it's a POP3 issue, I'm with comcast.
    08-26-11 08:23 AM
    Well for me the email notification works perfectly and has from day one. (Curve 8530 OS5). I have POP3, Hotmail, Gmail and Outlook Web all connected. However the BBM notifications really tic me off.
    08-26-11 08:37 AM
    Hi,

I'm having a different problem with my notifications since updating my PB and bridge.

When I get an email I get the red flashing corner like before, but my phone sometimes doesn't beep. Yes the sound is on, have tried a battery pull on the phone and a restart on the PB, have checked the sound profile on the phone.

It happens about 80% of the time and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. Sometimes I have the bridge message application open on the PB, sometimes I don't. The email appears on my phone at the same time as the flashing red corner on my PB, with the LED flashing on my phone and the icon showing, but what has happened to the sound?
    08-26-11 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD