Can someone please recommend any software that allows me to take notes with a stylus? I'd prefer to write on my Playbook screen. The biggest disadvantage any tablet has when compared to a laptop is that note-taking is awful. The Playbook would be my constant companion if I could find a way to do this. Especially if the notes can be converted from my handwriting to a Microsoft Word generated document. Don't know if this is even possible. Hope so.
    Last edited by Barredbard; 01-19-12 at 07:47 AM.
    01-18-12 03:35 PM
    Can someone please recommend any software that allows me to take notes with a stylus? I'd prefer to write on my Playbook screen. Don't know if this is even possible. Hope so.
    There are a number of apps where you can use a stylus on the PB.
    The app called 'Picinote' is the best I have found (its a paid app though) and works very well. There are other numerous apps you can try for free from the app world.
    More apps are in the making that might make the PB more stylus friendly in the near future.

The stylus is a different story in itself. There are different opinions how good they are on the PB touch screen. I have used one, and heard that the Targus stylus (cheap) works well. You can search the forums on this issue.

Good luck
    Last edited by anindoc; 01-18-12 at 06:26 PM.
    Barredbard likes this.
    01-18-12 06:23 PM
    Jotsy Beta should be good. I'll know in 7 days when the stylus I ordered arrive.
    01-18-12 06:25 PM
    Just got my stylus, and will try jotsy.
    01-18-12 09:11 PM
    A user, alekza, has demonstrated using a home made stylus and can probably comment on their use and which apps she favors. She's got a nearby thread questioning keeping the pb or an hand-me-down ipad.
    Barredbard likes this.
    01-18-12 10:57 PM
    The app called 'Picinote' is the best I have found (its a paid app though) and works very well. There are other numerous apps you can try for free from the app world.
    More apps are in the making that might make the PB more stylus friendly in the near future.

The stylus is a different story in itself. There are different opinions how good they are on the PB touch screen. I have used one, and heard that the Targus stylus (cheap) works well. You can search the forums on this issue.

Good luck
    Is there a way to convert the note to Microsoft Word when I am done with the note? Or is it stuck in my handwriting and on PDF?
    01-18-12 11:53 PM
    Is there a way to convert the note to Microsoft Word when I am done with the note? Or is it stuck in my handwriting and on PDF?
    I don't know of a handwriting recognition app for the PB, and I don't believe any of the note-taking apps mentioned above do that either. Which is a shame as it's close to the top of my PB wishlist. An app, integrated into the OS, that turns my scrawl into digital words.

I still use my elderly iPAQ on a daily basis due mostly to the ease provided by the Caligrapher handwriting recognition app (from Phatware)... I love to see that on the PB.
    01-19-12 12:55 AM
    I don't know of a handwriting recognition app for the PB, and I don't believe any of the note-taking apps mentioned above do that either. Which is a shame as it's close to the top of my PB wishlist. An app, integrated into the OS, that turns my scrawl into digital words.

I still use my elderly iPAQ on a daily basis due mostly to the ease provided by the Caligrapher handwriting recognition app (from Phatware)... I love to see that on the PB.
    That would be so awesome. It would take away the most prominent disadvantage of taking notes on any tablet: Having to negotiate a touchscreen. Hopefully we'll see some apps in OS 2.0.
    01-19-12 07:44 AM
    Just got my stylus, and will try jotsy.
    Please review it here when you've tried it.
    01-19-12 07:45 AM

Good luck
    I have the Targus stylus ($14.95USD, Staples) and it works quite well. Sometimes its a bit fat, and you have to expand the webpage to click on exactly the link you want, but otherwise impressive for its accuracy.
    01-19-12 11:59 AM
    I actually managed to convert genial writing and handrite, which are quite good, you can get them here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...taking-693310/
    the thing is, you must be able to sideload Android apps (if you're on beta OS2 that is)
    As for the Stylus, I tried the Bamboo which is good on the iPad but managed quite poorly on the PB, and the Targus tablet Stylus which is good.
    02-01-12 05:54 AM
    I have the Targus stylus ($14.95USD, Staples) and it works quite well. Sometimes its a bit fat, and you have to expand the webpage to click on exactly the link you want, but otherwise impressive for its accuracy.
    I purchased that stylus and was disappointed. The actual stylus end is waaaaay to large to allow for note taking imo. Its like trying to take notes with an eraser head.
    02-01-12 06:09 AM
    I tried Ideapad, Skit, a a few other note taking apps. Picinote is definitely the best one out there. I use it in meetings all the time. Note taking is not very accurate but you get used to it after a while.

Can jot down about 6 or 7 lines of notes in landscape on the playbook with most stylus pens ive tried.
    02-01-12 06:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD