Each my cottage and my house have two different SSID but both uses the same password. When I got to the cottage last night, my Playbook found my cottage's SSID and automatically connected to it. Uh!?! The only way this could have happened is if it used my home SSID password at the cottage. In other world, would someone ill-intentioned be able to find out your SSID's password? Not sure but it's, to me, troubling that it acted this way...
    04-22-11 12:50 PM
    If you've bridged it to your Torch and your Torch had the password, it automatically transfers.
    04-22-11 12:51 PM
    If you've bridged it to your Torch and your Torch had the password, it automatically transfers.
    Seriously? Has this been confirmed?
    04-22-11 12:52 PM
    Yes .. Ive gone to all my favorite wifi hangouts and sure enough .. PB locked right on. Showed the names as same as I renamed em in my phone. Didnt have to input a single password for any spot ive been too.

Now new places, Ive had to manually input the password.
    04-22-11 12:59 PM
    Yes, my Torch did have the password. Then I'm leaning toward cool. Pretty cool actually if true...
    04-22-11 12:59 PM
    Seriously? Has this been confirmed?
    yes it has been confirmed
    04-22-11 01:00 PM
    Stop broadcasting your SSID...problem solved
    04-22-11 01:03 PM
    Don't want to derail my own thread but beside being an annoyance, the only thing not broadcasting a SSID do (as well as MAC restriction) is give you a false sense of security.

Beside, it would prevent to freak out your neighbor with a SSID like 'FBI VAN 21'.
    04-22-11 01:40 PM
    ... freak out your neighbor with a SSID like 'FBI VAN 21'.
    Now THAT'S cool!
    04-22-11 01:44 PM
    well what would be a good way to make sure the security is good for your average home network?
    04-22-11 02:03 PM
    I don't know where everyone lives and can only speak for my area...conspiracy theories aside...the "average" user will be able to secure their network using one of the known security protocols, mac address filtering, DHCP Server configuration, stop SSID broadcasting ect...

I just don't see someone THAT ambitious, just to attack a home network...

The FBI Van thing is AWESOME!!! I would've never thought that...LOL changing my SSID now

...I'm not a Network Admin. by ANY means, but as I said, this should work for the average user
    04-22-11 02:07 PM
    well what would be a good way to make sure the security is good for your average home network?
    WPA2. Really there's no reason to get all up in a panic about it. Check your access logs occasionally if you're paranoid about it.
    04-22-11 02:08 PM
    Each my cottage and my house have two different SSID but both uses the same password. When I got to the cottage last night, my Playbook found my cottage's SSID and automatically connected to it. Uh!?! The only way this could have happened is if it used my home SSID password at the cottage. In other world, would someone ill-intentioned be able to find out your SSID's password? Not sure but it's, to me, troubling that it acted this way...
    Sell your cottage.....problem solved
    04-22-11 03:13 PM
    Wow. A cottage? Really?
    04-22-11 03:43 PM
    Wow. A cottage? Really?
    Uh? Why is that?
    04-22-11 11:22 PM
    Do you guys not read the cb homepages? This was an article posted up on the home screen on Wednesday from Kevin

BlackBerry PlayBook automatically transfers saved Wi-Fi Networks from BlackBerry Smartphone to tablet when Bridged | CrackBerry.com
    04-22-11 11:29 PM
    I usually do but looks like I missed a few...
    04-22-11 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD