Perhaps I'd just got over excited and hoped for too much.

Watched the live webcast and was feeling pretty upbeat, especially about the Z10 being available in the UK straight away.

Then nothing about the playbook nada zilch a big fat zero.

Sure we heard all about the new OS and hardware and how blackberry was listening, but it don't seem like they were listening to the 2 million playbook owners. Oh no just what amounted to a giant f.u too all of us.

They wanted us to believe that they were planning for the next 10 years and that bb10 has been designed for based on that premise. But it seems tablets don't fit into that plan for blackberry. Best goddamed tablet out their for your buck and they just threw it away.

Angry doesn't even cover it at the moment. I was off out to get me a Z10 tomorrow but that ain't gonna happen now
    01-30-13 02:54 PM
    Love how all these 'newbie' accounts have suddenly appeared today complaining about todays launch event. No where did RIM BlackBerry ever say they were announcing a new tablet today. It's been common knowledge that two devices were being released (Z10 and Q10) In the Q & A afterwards it was asked about bringing BB10 to the Playbook and it was confirmed once again that they are committed to bringing BB10 to the Playbook. Their focus today was the new phones, which they needed to get out there. Share holders hate the Playbook (It cost them too much in write downs already), they wanted to see phones and that is what this was about. Not what you were assuming they SHOULD do.
    01-30-13 03:03 PM
    And BTW I am a happy owner of 6 Playbooks and am happy with the current level of OS, it does everything I need and more. Suddenly having BB10 won't make it magically better. It will still do the same things.
    IFCArea51 likes this.
    01-30-13 03:05 PM
    You should change your username to uncle_grumpty.
    Malicab and dphjeff like this.
    01-30-13 03:12 PM
    Not a new account thanks.

And I love my playbook, I'm typing this now on it.

However, it doesn't get around the point, that the entire presentation today was about bb10 and it being the keystone of blackberry future. And that presentation didn't mention tablets. This is an O.S that can't do certain things in portrait mode and on screens bigger than 4 inches on launch day.

Doesn't bode well for the future that the o.s needs 'more work's to work on blackberrysown own tablet.

It won't stop me using my playbook, but it will make me pause and wait before buying blackberry again - and that is the point.
    01-30-13 03:21 PM
    BB10 is just better than the current OS. Better social integration, Share media via DNLA (Native), BBM, (skype) Other big apps.
    01-30-13 03:27 PM
    If patience is golden then nothing but rust here.

Rewatch the event to pick up what you missed

The BlackBerry Experience
    01-30-13 10:51 PM
    Apologies to everyone about my opening post yesterday, I had all nght to calm down and mull things over.

But i've gone through the entire gamut of emotions and now just feel 'deflated'. Yes I shouldn't have expected BB10 to be availble today for the PB, but if BB want to entice me to the Z10 then releasing on the PB would have made a lot of sense imho. Not to mention making a good show piece in stores.

Sure, the Z10 looks fabulous and the new features available in BB10 look great but i'm just not buying into it ( or buying it ) at the moment.

Blackberry have had a long time to get this right and I just feel they've have gone off half cocked. No handsets in the states ( their biggest market ? ), the OS isn't ready for the playbook, Skype and other so called big apps 'will' be available but no date was given etc.

Don't get me wrong - i'm a bb user and my Playbook and me gave modern combat 3 a right thrashing last night and it'll be by my side at work today helping out, but the lack of anything concrete yesterday just seemed like the same old same old.

I guess the leopard can change it's name but not it's spots.
    Roger Provins likes this.
    01-31-13 05:31 AM
    A firm commitment with an actual target date (one not too distant) would have been nice. I must admit to feeling a bit deflated, too.

I'm not angry at BlackBerry for not releasing BB10 for PlayBook on launch day, but do feel it was a big opportunity missed. It would have contributed massively to getting real sales of the new BlackBerry World BB10 apps, which would have been a big plus for applications developers.
    01-31-13 06:51 AM
    What I love is, all the people who got $500 hardware at 60% off, then go ballistic when they aren't immediately handed BB10 on a golden platter.
    01-31-13 07:42 AM
    We shouldn't get mad at uncle_numpty. He/She is just making an honest point as a consumer. No biggie.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-31-13 07:47 AM
    What I love is, all the people who got $500 hardware at 60% off, then go ballistic when they aren't immediately handed BB10 on a golden platter.
    I didn't get a $500 piece of hardware - I got a tablet that probaly cost RIM/BB sub $200 to produce - so I probably paid cost for it

But that was not the point of my original post - the PB is still a fabulous performer in most areas ( GPS and locked down BT and USB being the obvious flaws ), it's just being let down by BB imho.

Hopefully, i'll be able to publicly eat humble pie here on Crackberry in a few months, but after the lacklustre aftertaste of yesterdays presentation i'll not hold my breath.
    01-31-13 07:56 AM
    Oh and just to show I still luv me playbook - a nice shiny new Charging Pod arrived in the post this morning
    01-31-13 07:59 AM