Has anyone ever brought on of these docks before? I am tempted to get it.

USB AC Charger Sync Dock For Blackberry Playbook EA508 | eBay
    10-05-11 06:33 PM
    I looked at various of these aftermarket docks, but finally decided to go with the OEM one. First of all, most of them don't include an AC adapter, just a USB plug, so it can only charge if you have your own high output USB AC adapter. And in any case, it won't be able to fast charge like the OEM dock.
    Second, I saw at least one review (can't remember where) that complained about the PlayBook not sitting well on the unit, and looks like holding the Playbook by the micro-usb plug would likely damage it in the long run.
    10-05-11 07:08 PM
    I'm interested in a dock too, if I read correctly, the OEM dock uses the 3 connectors at the bottom, I have a hard case on and not sure if it will charge with the case on. Would not like having to take the case off to dock it.

Any other thoughts...?
    10-05-11 09:57 PM
    Rim's Rapid Charger also uses those pins but is merely a magnetic plug that latches on to that socket. It is L-shaped with wire going off to either side depending on how you attach it. But it is not a dock just the wired plug. You'd need to come up with another docking solution.
    10-06-11 12:08 AM
    Recently got a second habd Playbook, which came without a charger. Bought one of these docks, and tried to use it with my phone charger. Could not leave PB in Standby, as screen started behaving weirdly, as if unseen fingers were touching it.
    (Theres a thread somewhere about it). It takes forever and a day to charge.
    Ended up buying an ordinary rapid charger
    10-06-11 03:33 AM
    I took my OEM charger back once I got my OB Defender case and use the charger that came with my PB.
    10-06-11 06:08 AM
    Recently got a second habd Playbook, which came without a charger. Bought one of these docks, and tried to use it with my phone charger. Could not leave PB in Standby, as screen started behaving weirdly, as if unseen fingers were touching it.
    (Theres a thread somewhere about it). It takes forever and a day to charge.
    Ended up buying an ordinary rapid charger
    It seems that the PlayBook's touch screen is extremely sensitive to interference, and so using third party chargers depends on luck (or rather, how well they are shielded). I'd say every cheap USB AC adapter I've tried messes it up (plus it's hard to find ones that output the current required to charge the PlayBook at normal speed).
    On the other hand, the powered USB port on my Thinkpad (it has one port that is always powered to allow charging things even when the laptop is sleeping) charges my PlayBook just fine, but I would expect my Thinkpad to be properly shielded compared to a $2 charger.
    10-06-11 07:38 AM
    just want to clarify - i have more than enough wall chargers so for me the amperage should nto be an issue.. just curiuos whether it stands well...
    10-06-11 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD