I had my 10yo daughter stay with me for a couple of days she has an ipod and uses jer moms ipad all the time. she uses my playbook when shes with me. I asked what the ipad can do that the playbook cant.she said nothing the ipad is just bigger. I guess no oneinformed her of the lack of apps.
    azrin640, hpjrt, Flexin and 1 others like this.
    12-31-11 06:58 PM
    Out of the mouth of babes... Thanks for sharing!
    12-31-11 06:59 PM
    I had my 10yo daughter stay with me for a couple of days she has an ipod and uses jer moms ipad all the time. she uses my playbook when shes with me. I asked what the ipad can do that the playbook cant.she said nothing the ipad is just bigger. I guess no oneinformed her of the lack of apps.
    Apparently she hasn't been brainwashed to think that apps are everything, such that the overwhelming majority of Apple apps are really a waste of time and money.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 12-31-11 at 11:34 PM.
    12-31-11 07:01 PM
    Apparently she hasn't been brainwashed to think that apps are everything, such that the overwhelming majority of Apple apps are.
    well i own and love a PB and a BB phone but i wouldnt call it brainwashing at all. ios has a lot of very speciallized apps that are very cool and unreplaceable as web apps. for me, ill take a playbook over an ipad anytime but my son, 4 years old is autistic and compairing a playbook to an ipad for his needs is a joke. the ipad has so many apps for him and for educational needs its amazing.

in my mind, a playbook would be more of a toy to a child, web games and what? where as the ipad is an amazing learning machine.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    12-31-11 07:29 PM
    Yes, it all depends on how the device needs to be used, but that ALWAYS goes back to available content.

In the long run, iTunes is really the business at the core of Apple now. Devices are just a means to an end, and the best thing Steve Jobs accomplished was getting the music labels to buy in.

Once that distribution model was in place for music, it was child's play to leverage that out to other forms of content. Movies and TV were a no-brainer, but with the Apple App Store they included applications in that model, too.

So, Apple has a massive head-start there. The only hope Android ever had was in Google's decision to refrain from the kind of "quality control" (read: censorship) that Apple applied.

And what of poor, beleaguered RIM's App World? In theory, it shouldn't be hard for publishers to port a lot of their content over from either Android OR iTunes (Air-based content shouldn't be a problem at all--hint, hint, Zinio!). The question is: how do you build a large enough user-base to make it worth a publisher's while to A) port their app over and B) support it?
    12-31-11 08:30 PM
    With any computer device, even a chopped down "toy" like a tablet, Apps (application software) ARE everything. How can anyone even doubt that basic rule? In fact, on a tablet like the Playbook, having a lot of apps beyond those originally used is arguably even more important than on a business computer, to keep the user from becoming bored with his/her "toy."
    azrin640 likes this.
    12-31-11 09:29 PM
    With any computer device, even a chopped down "toy" like a tablet, Apps (application software) ARE everything. How can anyone even doubt that basic rule? In fact, on a tablet like the Playbook, having a lot of apps beyond those originally used is arguably even more important than on a business computer, to keep the user from becoming bored with his/her "toy."
    LOL
    ya know, it just dawned on me... I never put a game on my BB devices. I got my Wii, 360 and PS3 AT HOME for that

besides my 3yo daughter can get to Starfall.com on the PB. No app needed! Hardy har har har
    01-01-12 12:34 AM
    What could she need beyond angry birds? Lol. That game can entertain a 10 year old for days, and iOS fanbois for years on end.
    01-01-12 01:40 AM
    Well, imagine a 10 yrs old little girl holding an ipad. It must be uncomfortable for her.
    01-01-12 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD