Picked up a second device earlier today. Updated it via WIFI. There are no games on it though? Tetris and NFS are both missing. The 'games' folder is completely empty. Any ideas?
    04-21-11 11:26 AM
    download from appworld?
    04-21-11 11:31 AM
    I have a ticket number with RIM for this very issue. When I spoke to the rep, he noticed the same thing with his device because of my call.

Just out of curiosity, did you check to see if your original sample HD video is there?
    04-21-11 11:33 AM
    download from appworld?
    no, it disappears with the update .169
    04-21-11 11:34 AM
    I have a ticket number with RIM for this very issue. When I spoke to the rep, he noticed the same thing with his device because of my call.

Just out of curiosity, did you check to see if your original sample HD video is there?
    I'll check for the sample HD video as soon as I get back to my desk. I know the preloaded photos are on there.

Let me know if RIM gets back to you on this issue. Oddly her device is one with the 'raised' power button. It also boots up much quicker than mine.
    04-21-11 11:48 AM
    Hi, same issue here,
    after upgrade: NFS, Tetris and default video disapeared..
    Strange thing is can't find those games in the App World eighter?
    04-24-11 05:12 AM
    odd.. I upgraded a board a few hours ago to 1.0.1.1710, and nfs, tetris, etc. are all there. in settings->about->general, which OS Version is reported?
    04-24-11 06:04 AM
    OS Version 1.0.1.1710
    Do you think doing a reset to factory settings could solve the issue?
    04-24-11 06:16 AM
    I presume there's no harm in trying.. what's worth more -- your time, or NFS/Tetris
    04-24-11 06:22 AM
    I'll check for the sample HD video as soon as I get back to my desk. I know the preloaded photos are on there.

Let me know if RIM gets back to you on this issue. Oddly her device is one with the 'raised' power button. It also boots up much quicker than mine.
    The last service rep who spoke to me said that it happens because of a security. But now that I'm re-visiting this thread, I realize that it was actually the update.

I don't think the update was more than 300 mb, so that leads me to believe that somehow the update hid these items as opposed to removing them which means that re-downloading the games is a waste of storage space as a solution and it also doesn't solve the missing sample video as well.
    04-24-11 06:36 AM
    I was able to get everything back, but a simple factory set doesn't help.

1) first you connect the playbook to Blackberry Manager
    2) backup your data
    3) go to device and press update (it will show you a message that there is no update available) just press "ok"
    4) while the playbook is connected restart the PB via the "power off" app.
    5) while it is rebooting BBM will show that there is an update available..
    6) it will download the upgrade file and will install it (takes a long time)..
    1rico1 and sslevin like this.
    04-24-11 07:06 AM
    I did a security wipe and on reboot the games were missing?
    schillah likes this.
    04-24-11 02:47 PM
    Same thing happened to me. i went to App World and downloaded them. Now everything is back to normal.
    04-24-11 03:44 PM
    I had the video and games, backed all up through BBM. Did security wipe and restored everything. Everything did restore EXCEPT the video. Any ideas on getting that back...or why it happened (should have been backed up). The fix mentioned above did not work as I received no prompt for any update.
    04-24-11 04:17 PM
    post # 11 worked for me. You have to be quick about selecting the update message - as it disappears quickly. Yes the update took a long time, wait until you can dedicate time to do.
    thx again for the tip
    05-02-11 03:18 PM
    I'm about to upgrade to a 32GB model soon, and I've already got a bunch of stuff on NFS. Is there a way to save those files? Whenever I plug my PlayBook into my macbook, it doesn't even register with the desktop manager software, only an icon on the main screen where I can click and see pictures and videos from my PlayBook. I don't want to lose all my game data... any way to back up all that info?
    05-18-11 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD