No sound from Youtube using browser Please help!
Just this morning I no longer get sound (even though I get the picture streaming just fine) from any Youtube site when using the native browser. I can get sound when using the Youtube app (but I found in the past the browser was a better way to use Youtube). There is no other problem with sound and my WiFi signal is very strong. I can get sound on Youtube using the browser on my 9900.
Can anyone help? Does anyone else have this issue? I have rebooted a few times to no avail.
12-07-2012, 10:53 AM #6
- 19,435 Posts
To fix an issue, try these in order:
Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart
Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.
Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
Oh what a fool I am!
It turns out there is a volume switch at the lower left hand corner of the YouTube screen that is not overridden by the volume keys, and it impacts all YouTube sites. Somehow it had been set to mute. Luckily I found it before doing the wipe!
Thanks for your support. Happy Holidays.
- By giahuy in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 3Last Post: 02-08-2013, 03:27 PM
- By flyadan in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 2Last Post: 11-20-2012, 12:17 PM
- By teostar in forum BlackBerry Bold 9790Replies: 6Last Post: 09-09-2012, 09:42 AM
- By jines8 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 9Last Post: 12-14-2009, 11:00 AM
- By steff1namill in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 02-08-2008, 07:38 AM