No sound is coming from HDMI for almost all games.( when connected to the tv)

I tried all EA games that I have NFS, Dead Space, Monopoly, Game of Life Simcity , gameloft games like Nova,Asphalt 6, Polarbit games like Tank riders etc.
    Don't even want to start on those thousand of Android apps anyways either/

What bothers me is not the lack of sound, but the utter disregard by RIM by not conveying the proper knowledge to these big name developers of how to freakin make sound available via HDMI.

I mean come'on if a simple game like PewPew made by 1 developer can have AMAZING sound how hard is it to get the sound in the games by these million/billion dollar companies like EA and Rovio. I mean even freakin angry birds doesn't have sound..seriously wtf?

Really pathetic that such great capability of the playbook is put to waste.
    When will this be fixed ?
    04-10-12 02:19 PM
    Go into your hdmi settings and turn on hdmi audio. Audio works fine on my playbook when connected to the tv with hdmi.
    04-10-12 03:18 PM
    Yes,check your settings. I have no problem with the games on HDMI.
    04-10-12 04:16 PM
    Where do get it he suff that you are smoking, because serious you've gotta be freakin delirious if all games are giving you sound via hdmi..
    04-10-12 05:44 PM
    Do you get sounds from anything else from the PB? Is it just no sound for your games?
    04-10-12 05:48 PM
    Some games are programmed to convey sound via hdmi and some games are not. It is the developer who limited this. Although, someone did suggest rim could have had the OS do this automatically.
    04-10-12 05:49 PM
    It also depends on the age of your tv.
    04-10-12 06:04 PM
    maybe head over to bestbuy and try plugging it in on one of thier TV's to see if it's a TV issue?
    04-10-12 06:10 PM
    Do you get sounds from anything else from the PB? Is it just no sound for your games?
    I tried all EA games that I have NFS, Dead Space, Monopoly, Game of Life Simcity , gameloft games like Nova,Asphalt 6, Polarbit games like Tank riders etc.
    Don't even want to start on those thousand of Android apps anyways either.
    ( If you claim it works on your tv, post a freaking video with sound or better if you st*u)

I mean come'on if a simple game like PewPew made by 1 developer has AMAZING sound that WORKS FINE from the PLAYBOOK to TV but these million/billion dollar companies like EA and Rovio games do not.

And for those who has been ranting about all games working fine on their TVmust be "special" because apparently people have been complaining about this and RIM and these other big name developers still hasn't fixed this after a year. What a shame...

And questioning the TV and mentioning TC problems.......Seriously...?
    oh the fanbois...the playbook can do no wrong.
    04-11-12 09:37 AM
    If you claim it works on your tv, post a freaking video with sound or better if you st*u
    You have pretty much guaranteed that nobody will want to help you with this sentence. Of course, you will interpret my remark as meaning that I am a PB fanboi and am threatened by your blinding, honest, truth-telling spirit, but you will do well to understand that this is not the case -- instead it's because with this sentence, you are being AN A$$.

I am going to test my PB right now. Under normal circumstances I would, of course, post my results to help you out, but since I am not going to video it and would expect you to trust that I am honestly trying to help you, I will just stfu, and will not tell you what I find.
    Last edited by cletis; 04-11-12 at 09:52 AM.
    ambarmetta likes this.
    04-11-12 09:50 AM
    Hey people, please pay attention to this issue. Congrats to BB.PL for bringing this up again.

It is a real problem. Some games work fine with audio over hdmi but many of the big games, including those mentioned by the OP do not.

No it is not the tv.

No it is not the PB hdmi setting.

It is the game developer who could have programmed in this functionality, or RIM that could have made it the default that when video is going out via hdmi, the corresponding audio track will as well, unless the programmer or user specifies they want the audio to go out via the PB speakers or the PB headphone jack.

Yeah its supposed to be a professional grade tablet but minor glitches like this which would be so useful to the user community and would be so minor for RIM to fix, God its frustrating that RIM is not fixing stuff like this.

And I can empathize with bb.pl's frustration with folks who post about something where they clearly don't get what the problem is. And ladies and gentlemen, yes, this one has been hashed over in other cb threads and to date has not been resolved.
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 04-11-12 at 09:55 AM. Reason: To add the last paragraph.
    04-11-12 09:52 AM
    I don't have many games but NFS audio works through hdmi.
    EDIT: I just tried every game on my PB and my wife's PB. Every game played sound through HDMI.
    Last edited by Chaddface; 04-11-12 at 11:16 AM.
    04-11-12 11:04 AM
    I don't have many games but NFS audio works through hdmi.

Yes, we know it does. But reread the OP, he says exactly that and lists the other BIG games from BIG game developers where the audio does NOT output via hdmi regardless of settings, hookups.

It is a documented problem that needs to be taken care of.
    04-11-12 11:16 AM
    No sound is coming from HDMI for almost all games.( when connected to the tv)

I tried all EA games that I have NFS.....
    I didn't read it that way. If he tried NFS and got no sound then maybe the issue lies elsewhere.
    ambarmetta likes this.
    04-11-12 11:21 AM
    Then perhaps the OP should be contacting the individual manufacturers of the games, who encode the HDMI audio and get them working on it, instead of telling us, the Crackberry forum users to STF(u).
    ambarmetta likes this.
    04-11-12 11:21 AM
    This is probably big game studios trying to give big 3D games --- 3D sounds, which don't translate well in the HDMI audio environment.
    04-11-12 11:27 AM
    Sorry but I don't have Twitter but I do follow Alec Saunders's twitter posts.

Can someone please tweet him a message about how all the EA games have no sound via HDMI, he seems to respond to twitter well.
    04-11-12 11:29 AM
    Try the settings on your TV. I have a Panasonic Viera 50" 1080p, and when I first setup my PB, the movies worked fine with audio. I plugged it into another HDMI port, and I got video but no audio. Turns out there is an HDMI (RCI) plug, which allows for the new version on HDMI to do audio return through the same channel. My PB would not allow sound through that port. Switched it back, and works perfectly.
    04-11-12 11:32 AM
    Just tested it myself...

NFS, Tetris, Fruits & Ninja, Power Pong, Pinball Deluxe - ok - both the audio & the video output from the game are played on the connected hdtv.

Modern Combat, Asphalt 6, Angry Birds - audio stays playing thru the PB speakers even though the game video output is going thru the hdmi to the connected hdtv.

The OP listed some other games as well however he did mistakenly list NFS. I believe he is correct about the other games he listed since I've seen them listed in other threads on this topic.

Vorplaz is right that rude posts are always inappropriate.

Narci made a good suggestion. Who's big on twitter and could check this out for us?
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 04-11-12 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Add 2 extra comments.
    04-11-12 11:37 AM
    Try a different port as well, it solved the issue here.
    04-11-12 11:45 AM
    thanks Patrick... just tested my games, and add to your HDMI working list:

Plants vs. Zombies
    Cut the Rope
    Mechanarium

... and yes Angry Birds HD does not. Also, Rovio has not been updating levels to their other AB games for the PB... particularly AB Seasons. Much grumbling about that.

Rim isn't always the one at fault...
    ambarmetta likes this.
    04-11-12 11:46 AM
    SMH where does it end? The dev is responsible to make the program to function. Rim just provided them another device to make money on.
    04-11-12 04:23 PM
    I have a Panasonic Viera 32" and all games and apps play sounds on tv. Make sure HDMI audio is turned on in your PlayBook Settings Menu under HDMI.
    04-11-12 04:53 PM
    I have a Panasonic Viera 32" and all games and apps play sounds on tv. Make sure HDMI audio is turned on in your PlayBook Settings Menu under HDMI.
    Hey Russ,

There are 3 that don't work on mine: Modern Combat, Asphalt 6 & Angry Birds. The OP listed others that also don't have the audio working over the hdmi.

Did you try any of these ones?
    04-11-12 08:18 PM
    Hey Russ,

There are 3 that don't work on mine: Modern Combat, Asphalt 6 & Angry Birds. The OP listed others that also don't have the audio working over the hdmi.

Did you try any of these ones?
    Modern Combat and Asphalt 6 worked great on mine...
    04-12-12 11:56 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD