- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
No security option on home screen
I am attempting to secure my playbook running os 18.104.22.1688 by the use of a password. The online documentation indicates the on my home screen I should have the Security option. I don't have that option. Any suggestions where I am messing up ?
11-28-2012, 10:30 AM #3
- 19,426 Posts
Tap on the Gear/settings icon at the top right. Find Security, Tap on Password and create one. When the play either enters Standby itself or you send it there, you will be prompted for a password. Do NOT forget it. Entering the wrong one too many times wipes all data from the device which cannot be recovered unless you have run a backup procedure.
- By ninjaxryder in forum Theme Developers CornerReplies: 7Last Post: 02-19-2009, 12:35 PM
- By pjdell in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-11-2009, 11:41 PM
- By L_Boogie820 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 2Last Post: 01-17-2009, 10:44 AM
- By MRHommel in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 4Last Post: 11-24-2008, 09:35 PM
- By duecebear2 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 15Last Post: 08-27-2008, 09:20 PM