[Reposted from DHabkirk's BBM Channel C0001DB0D]
    Unfortunately, it looks like the BlackBerry PlayBook has been dropped from support for the upcoming BlackBerry Blend Software.

While there's obviously no official reason as to why the PlayBook was dropped, it appears to be a fairly recent decision.

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    09-01-14 03:41 AM
    PlayBook is End of life.
    BlackBerry is not going to spend any resources on anything unless it has a future value and PB has not.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 04:36 AM
    Man, are you ever going to give up on hoping they will still support that thing?

You would be more happy cause they are done with it.
    09-01-14 08:00 AM
    No PlayBook support for Blend..is this some sort of joke?-49313068.jpg

Posted via CB10 - Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1130 /Telus
    09-01-14 08:05 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	49313068.jpg 
Views:	4109 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	295011

Posted via CB10 - Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1130 /Telus
    Didn't work out well for her though..

Check Out TechCraze
    kbz1960, Shadowyugi and Cynycl like this.
    09-01-14 08:28 AM
    Lmao. Did anyone actually believe it would be supported in the first place?

Why the **** don't they just unlock the device (whatever the technical aspects required) to let people put android on it. Just do that and everyone will be happy.
    09-01-14 08:29 AM
    I guess there was a sliver of hope left because of the rumoured Web interface.
    If that really does exist, maybe it would be possible to use different browser agents to access it (or is that a ridiculous assumption?).

BlackBerry 10 signed @ C0007CC89
    09-01-14 08:50 AM
    That's a shame, still lots of working devices out there. Seriously, how much extra time would BlackBerry have to spend to get a program that works on so many different platforms, to work on one of their own?

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 10:25 AM
    Still I'm for sure there a some upgrade's easy to be done like android runtime - nieuwe browser - new keyboard - nieuwe media player - and some new icons. Just a update of some bars.
    09-01-14 10:37 AM
    The PB is almost 4 years old, that's like having an iPad 1 and complaining about how it won't get iOS 8, you have to get over it.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 11:07 AM
    The PB is almost 4 years old, that's like having an iPad 1 and complaining about how it won't get iOS 8, you have to get over it.

Posted via CB10
    But it's still Blackberry's only tablet. Do they want to keep consumer customers happy...doesn't look that way!

09-01-14 11:12 AM
    Not too surprised!
    Disappointed ya!

I know it's an older device but it is theirs! And considering all us playbook owners where never given a non beta release I would have been a nice treat

Thank for the updates playbook UK

I feel like Torsten would have but not surprised Chen would cut it!

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 11:19 AM
    We have 4 PB's in our family. I would say that if the playbook is unsupported and considered EOL then no, BlackBerry does not have a tablet at this time. That would be like saying Apple still has the Lisa, or the IIGS, or the Newton.

The PB exists only as part of BlackBerry's history now.

Maybe as the Newton was the springboard for the iPhone and the iPad, the PlayBook's evolutionary step is the PassPort?
    Any solace for you there?
    Last edited by blackburberry; 09-01-14 at 11:35 AM.
    09-01-14 11:24 AM
    We have 4 PB's in our family. I would say that if the playbook is unsupported and considered EOL
    Thanks, but not really. The PlayBook is still showing as an only Tablet on official BlackBerry site. That's good enough reason to include Blend. Bizarre decision!

09-01-14 04:24 PM
    No it ain't a joke. It's about time BlackBerry put the Playbook to "rest in peace".
    09-01-14 04:54 PM
    Compare des PB OS to BB 10.3 and you'll know why it has been dropped...
    09-01-14 04:58 PM
    PlayBook is dead.

Get over it.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 05:00 PM
    We have 4 PB's in our family. I would say that if the playbook is unsupported and considered EOL then no, BlackBerry does not have a tablet at this time. That would be like saying Apple still has the Lisa, or the IIGS, or the Newton.

The PB exists only as part of BlackBerry's history now.

Maybe as the Newton was the springboard for the iPhone and the iPad, the PlayBook's evolutionary step is the PassPort?
    Like the Passport is going to be a major success! It's going to be like every other BlackBerry device that has been produced for the last four years. I would like to be proven wrong but I'm skeptical on how it going to sell. My family still has three PlayBooks left and use them every day. We have tried Android and Apple and all the family members keep using there PlayBooks even though is bowser is slow and a four year old platform. I personally am switching to Windows for a table. I guess this is going to be a mute point in a couple of years seeing how the tablet is going to be a thing of the past.
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    09-01-14 05:06 PM
    They discontinued support, is that so hard to understand?

pin:2B7CAF06
    kbz1960, Shadowyugi and Carl Estes like this.
    09-01-14 05:13 PM
    They discontinued support, is that so hard to understand?

pin:2B7CAF06
    I got it! Two are three year old device from them you just need to throw in the trash. I have a pile of them there end of life devices in my office.
    By the way OS7 was supposed to be there too.
    Hmmmm Z10 and Q10 is going to be next? They are getting some age to them.
    flyingsolid, FF22 and Blacklatino like this.
    09-01-14 05:16 PM
    Like the Passport is going to be a major success!
    I can't even guess on the success or lack thereof of the PassPort, I'm only pointing out that it "appears" as though it evolved from the playbook.

I hear ya'll as to the user friendliness of the PlayBook. I like our PB's too and often use mine as a video storage and playback device. Our '14 car has HDMI input and will play back video at 720p on the built in 7 inch dash screen so I will def try to hook up the PB when I get a chance.

I also accept that it-will-not-be-supported. Sad, but true.

If it were me that can't let the PB thing die a natural death, I would look deeper to see what's preventing me from moving forward.
    dphjeff and anon5288998 like this.
    09-01-14 08:29 PM
    But it's still Blackberry's only tablet. Do they want to keep consumer customers happy...doesn't look that way!

wait...you think they actually care to keep the PB owners happy? That shipped sailed over 1.5 years ago
    09-01-14 08:35 PM
    I can't even guess on the success or lack thereof of the PassPort, I'm only pointing out that it "appears" as though it evolved from the playbook.

I hear ya'll as to the user friendliness of the PlayBook. I like our PB's too and often use mine as a video storage and playback device. Our '14 car has HDMI input and will play back video at 720p on the built in 7 inch dash screen so I will def try to hook up the PB when I get a chance.

I also accept that it-will-not-be-supported. Sad, but true.

If it were me that can't let the PB thing die a natural death, I would look deeper to see what's preventing me from moving forward.
    The whole BB10 platform is the evaluation of the playbook. Anyway wasn't busting your chops.
    blackburberry likes this.
    09-01-14 08:47 PM
    No worries. All good.
    dphjeff likes this.
    09-01-14 09:03 PM
    Thanks, but not really. The PlayBook is still showing as an only Tablet on official BlackBerry site. That's good enough reason to include Blend. Bizarre decision!
    Damn, you're right! Crazy mixed message.

No PlayBook support for Blend..is this some sort of joke?-screen-shot-2014-09-01-7.07.38-pm.png
    09-01-14 09:15 PM
140 123 ...