My apologies if there is an existing thread covering this topic - I've searched but perhaps not hard enough.

I was in the middle of doing something on my PB when it zapped. Nothing on the screen. It's fully charged, I've turned it off and on again still nothing on the screen. For those of you old enough to remember it reminds me of the old tv's when the picture tube would burn out.
    Ideas? Solutions?
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 09:25 PM
    That is weird... Maybe try to do a full restore through blackberry desktop manager
    08-28-13 10:38 PM
    In a dark closet - any residual light on the screen - gray and backlighted? What were you running?

I'd give the last one a try but here's some methods to try:

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.
    08-28-13 11:32 PM
    Thank you both for your input and suggestions.
    I don't know what happened, I was playing a game when it fizzled. After two days of no screen it turned on with a 0% battery. It's sitting in the charger right now. Hopefully it was just the solitaire game which I won't be playing again. The PB did have residual light. Weird.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-29-13 10:51 AM
    Thank you both for your input and suggestions.
    I don't know what happened, I was playing a game when it fizzled. After two days of no screen it turned on with a 0% battery. It's sitting in the charger right now. Hopefully it was just the solitaire game which I won't be playing again. The PB did have residual light. Weird.

Posted via CB10
    I've had a few such "implodes" over the 2 plus years. No telling what might cause it. The "residual" light is a sign it is locked but ON. I've also had it lock up with an app but nothing happens although pressing the power button will turn the screen on/off (basically, a locked standby). Pressing and HOLDING the Power button for 15-20 seconds generally works - although folks expect an instant RED LED and it takes another bunch of seconds before it restarts.

Good luck with the recharge.
    08-29-13 12:25 PM
    Which solitaire game were you playing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    08-29-13 12:33 PM
    Which solitaire game were you playing?

Wonder if it was an android app that was sideloaded.......
    maybe a bad conversion???

c
    08-29-13 01:04 PM
    Vaguely remember a crash when I was playing freecell loaded from the Play Store. The N7 rebooted after holding the on button down for twenty or thirty seconds.

08-29-13 06:15 PM