Soo..was that it for the "big" Playbook announcement? A press release? Or is there still some big event planned to officially launch this thing, ala SJ and Apple (or preferably like Gob in Arrested Development ). Just curious because I was really hoping for RIM to basically "kick down the door" media wise with this thing (perhaps with some Motley Crue "Kickstart my Heart" playing) but so far it's been very quiet..
    03-24-11 07:51 AM
    Totally agree.
    03-24-11 09:19 AM
    Agree as well,
    starting to think this device may not be finished,
    and I hope that's not the case...
    03-24-11 09:53 AM
    Nope. Nothing. Zip zero zilch.

A ground breaking cutting edge device that we have been told is late getting out for that very reason, because its the shiznet of tablets, a real game changer...and half the csr's and customer associates talked to over the last few days on the phone don't even know RIM is making one.

One of them told me "we are carrying both playbooks- the 10" and the 7"."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 10:06 AM
    maybe closer to apr 19th.... i think press release was just to keep the investors quiet for tonight.
    03-24-11 11:37 AM
    I think/hope they are planning something bigger closer to the release. It is still 26 days away...
    03-24-11 11:55 AM
    Agreed best buy associate looked stunned at a blackberry playbook but now she is excited as is a blackberry user. Rim are idoits at marketing but are making a fantastic device. Really weird.
    03-24-11 01:04 PM
    Nope. Nothing. Zip zero zilch.

A ground breaking cutting edge device that we have been told is late getting out for that very reason, because its the shiznet of tablets, a real game changer...and half the csr's and customer associates talked to over the last few days on the phone don't even know RIM is making one.

One of them told me "we are carrying both playbooks- the 10" and the 7"."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hilarous,............well it is just another tab in a flood of tabs. As far as most consumers are concerned, it's nothing out of the ordinary. As far as customer associates are concerned it is just another item on the shelf.
    03-24-11 02:52 PM
    I'm just lost on what RIM is doing here. Outside of the Sept announcement everything else Playbook related has been limited to trade events to "show" the device and drive interest.

RIM needs a "launch" event to showcase Playbook then start a massive media campaign to get this out there. Outside of the tech blogs I'm unsure people even know about it.
    03-30-11 05:50 AM
    What? RIM is releasing a Tablet? Really?
    03-30-11 06:49 AM
    I dont think they'll be hyping up the media till email apps will be released. (I think they'll rip it apart) My 2 cents anyway.
    03-30-11 07:10 AM
    Soft launch...

I think RIM plans to ease in to the market and test the waters and if it doesn't do well probably ease back out.
    03-30-11 08:15 AM
    i think they should do a massive launch event highlighting the most important feature PB will have: A great OTA update utility.
    Last edited by dutchtender; 03-30-11 at 08:21 AM.
    03-30-11 08:18 AM
    I love to sync calendars.
    03-30-11 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD