Can someone in the simplest way tell or show me how to get the apps installed on Android player on my playbook? I have the BBH tool installed but it doesn't give me the full screen where I can select "install it" I have DDPB installer, But it only lets me install .bar files, and I have platform tools. No luck with that. I also tried to use BB desktop. But it gives me an error message when I click files ( basically says there is a connection error even though it recognizes the PB is connected) I am all out of patience at this point and really need assistance. Thanks
    07-28-11 08:20 PM
    Use DDPB... it DOES do apk files.
    07-28-11 09:41 PM
    hate to mention the obvious, i had a similar issue ealier today with the platform tools.

Have you tried to reboot your playbook?

also i cant see a way DDBP can install an apk to the android player

EDIT:http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-631759/ i found these steps useful for the install.

if you get astro installed then its just a matter of copying the apk to the playbook misc>android folder and launching from astro
    Last edited by hicky3; 07-28-11 at 10:37 PM.
    07-28-11 09:47 PM
    Use DDPB... it DOES do apk files.
    The BBPB only lets you add .Bar files. it is the only option on the dropdown menu.
    07-29-11 02:44 PM
    hate to mention the obvious, i had a similar issue ealier today with the platform tools.

Have you tried to reboot your playbook?

also i cant see a way DDBP can install an apk to the android player

EDIT:http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-631759/ i found these steps useful for the install.

if you get astro installed then its just a matter of copying the apk to the playbook misc>android folder and launching from astro
    Tried all of that. Now with the 27 steps, it becomes very complicated between steps 14 -23. I wish there was a less complicated.
    07-29-11 02:54 PM
    It's really not that complicated if you take it step by step...

Did you extract the platform-tools somewhere on your PC?
    Search for that location and copy the platform-tools folder to the root of your C Drive and then follow steps 14-23

The key here is getting Astro file manager installed in the android player
    07-29-11 03:00 PM
    It's really not that complicated if you take it step by step...

Did you extract the platform-tools somewhere on your PC?
    Search for that location and copy the platform-tools folder to the root of your C Drive and then follow steps 14-23

The key here is getting Astro file manager installed in the android player

Platform tools and BBPD is installed on the My Documents folder on my PC. I am using Windows. But not Windows 7. so when I do the search .CMD, I get nothing. LIke the BB avatar btw. Mine has the playbook and the storm in his hands.
    07-29-11 03:33 PM
    Platform tools and BBPD is installed on the My Documents folder on my PC. I am using Windows. But not Windows 7. so when I do the search .CMD, I get nothing. LIke the BB avatar btw. Mine has the playbook and the storm in his hands.
    From the START menu, choose "Run". The type "CMD" (without the quotes) into input box and hit "OK". It will then bring up a DOS box for you.
    07-29-11 04:01 PM
    Actually that should read Click Start - Run...then you type cmd and hit enter
    All you're doing here is going to the command prompt so you can also click Start - Accessories - Command Prompt

Once you're at the command prompt navigate to the platform-tools folder using cd..

You want to be at the c:\documents...\my documents...\platform-tools
    You need to be in the platform-tools folder to be able to run the "adb connect" command

I love my little avatar
    07-29-11 04:04 PM
    Actually that should read Click Start - Run...then you type cmd and hit enter
    All you're doing here is going to the command prompt so you can also click Start - Accessories - Command Prompt

Once you're at the command prompt navigate to the platform-tools folder using cd..

You want to be at the c:\documents...\my documents...\platform-tools
    You need to be in the platform-tools folder to be able to run the "adb connect" command

I love my little avatar
    I get this error message " the filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect" What am I doing wrong here?
    07-30-11 04:16 PM
    08-05-11 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD