the keyboard has vanished after updating it just has a greay box where the keys should be, i cannot type on facebook or emails etc. i have done the swipe from the corner and all it is, is a dark greay box.

Help?
    02-24-12 12:08 PM
    Had that happen with my wife's Playbook after updating to 2.0. Try rebooting the Playbook by touching the battery icon and choosing Restart. That worked for her.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-24-12 12:44 PM
    thanks tried that but it is still the same as before.

any more help?
    02-24-12 01:49 PM
    Hold down the both the up and down volume button and the power button at the same time for about 10 secs then release see what happens when it re-boots,if not Connect back up to the DTM and see if you get a box after it recognizes the PB to do a retry or repair.
    Last edited by Goldwing07; 02-24-12 at 02:00 PM.
    02-24-12 01:52 PM
    do security wipe and then de-brick method and re-install os. just to make sure everything is clean to start with and no more future issues.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-24-12 01:53 PM
    Is your Blackberry Phone set on Remote control?.. It took me a while to figure out why my keyboard was missing until I realized that the PB was using my phone as the keyboard. Then when I shut off the Remote... my virtual keyboard was back.
    02-24-12 02:03 PM
    Is your Blackberry Phone set on Remote control?.. It took me a while to figure out why my keyboard was missing until I realized that the PB was using my phone as the keyboard. Then when I shut off the Remote... my virtual keyboard was back.
    I actually still have both when the the remote control is on. I can use either th bb keyboard or swipe up the PB KB. i can also when the PB KB is up use the BB remote feature and pick each letter off the PB keyboard and type away or just use the BB KB
    02-24-12 02:21 PM
    its a playbook not a phone.
    02-24-12 02:38 PM
    how do i do security wipe and de-brick....
    02-24-12 02:52 PM
    First try: First, press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.

Try the Debrick method....

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
    02-24-12 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD