I have to say - its quite funny how the "reviews" if you can call them that has tarnished the image of the PB.

Off the bat - I love my Pb. Nothing but a great experience that I know will only get better.

I take mine to work and there are a lot of apple fan boys here.

Some comments - even before touching/playing or using it

"I heard there are bugs, I heard the power button is broken, I heard there is no email, I heard there is no 3G, I heard there are no apps"

Out of all of those, I think the no apps is the only legit argument.

I have not really had any issue with this PB. I've had the browser screw up on me - very simple close it and re-open. (Anyone ever have Safari crash on them almost daily??? yes...)

No 3G? Well, lets see, I tether it to my Torch for free. How much does a 3G Ipad plan cost? 35-45 dollars?

No email...yet again. If you have a blackberry - you have email.

I think when RIM starts marketing this device with its "native" email - it will debunk a lot of the so called issues.

Any who...love this PB. Used it all weekend. FANTASTIC.
    04-25-11 09:12 AM
    I agree with you that it has been a great experience. As most of us on here are early adopters we have these same discussions every time a new device launches (cue the where are the themes threads on launch day). As with any new device there are some hiccups but I still feel this is a more stable and complete experience at launch than it Ipad was IMO. Just my 2�.
    04-25-11 09:16 AM
    I've had the iPad2 for almost a month (from work, wifi only for now) and don't recall Safari crashing yet.

Most people get into a honeymoon phase with their phones/devices. They think it's awesome as ****, but you don't really know until you've had it for at least a month. Besides....few people want to openly admit they wasted any money, or let someone else tell them that so they will defend to the death their purchase.
    04-25-11 10:01 AM
    facts are facts your right. But I was commenting more on what I know.

Canadian rates + prices.

Bell.ca - shows ipad data at 35-45 depending on data required. Talk about R@pe.

And tethering with Bell is free. This I know.

Hope that helps
    04-25-11 10:01 AM
    Last quarter's numbers (Apple: Jan - Mar; RIM: De - Feb)

"Phones" sold (iPhone vs entire BlackBerry line): Apple: 18.7 million; RIM 14.9 million

Revenue from phones: Apple: $12 billion; RIM $5.6 billion

Profit from phones: Apple: $3 billion (out of a $6 billion total profit); RIM: $950 million

If RIM's products are superior to Apple's, it's time for a leadership change, because the current CEOs can't compete.
    Great marketing by Apple doesn't mean they have a superior product. It only means they have a superior marketing department.
    04-25-11 10:02 AM
    You mean the iPad which actually included native e-mail, calendar and contacts apps? The one that launched with apps people actually wanted to own? The one that actually gave you a way to purchase content, instead of just handing you a great screen? That iPad?

Simply stated, if the PlayBook were a better product than the iPad/iPad 2, it wouldn't already be sitting on store shelves gathering dust less than a week after launch.
    Stop comparing the iPad to the PlayBook. Yes, they are both Tablets but they are not the same. iPad has been out for quite awhile, while the PB came out a week ago. Of course people are going to think the iPad is better, because it has so much more apps, and native apps, but wait a year and the PB will demolish the iPad. RIM didn't want to fall more behind then they already were so they released a product without the features most people wanted on the PB but those features will be added, you just have to give it time. I've read on these forums, that the iPad launched with next to no apps. Whats the difference? Just because it's not apple it's sh*t? Wrong. The PB is an excellent device with incredible potential. I'm just waiting for RIM to release that potential.
    04-25-11 10:03 AM
    oh my god....perspective1. Keep to macnn.com BGR.com and the other websites. You are such a troll. You surf all the websites and any time a pro blackberry/rim post comes out you have to troll.
    massawa likes this.
    04-25-11 10:04 AM
    God I can't believe the ignore button has done wonders reading threads about how people like their playbook
    Technerd.McLeod likes this.
    04-25-11 10:34 AM
    God I can't believe the ignore button has done wonders reading threads about how people like their playbook
    Completely forgot about that thing!! Thank you! I've been getting P/O'd at Perspective's posts.
    04-25-11 10:38 AM
    I bought the PB, have to say I like the OS, like the UI, like the smaller form factor (size of a Kindle or a DVD case, pretty cool), the WiFi web browsing is excellent. Far and away the best 7'' Tablet I have tried out so far.

I am an AT&T customer and used the Bridge work around, everything works perfectly except for the Bridge Browser, sux really bad. Slow and has error screens.

I hope AT&T is really just "testing" bridge, but conventional wisdom and common sense screams out they will try to screw everyone over by charging for it.

I would like to see Hulu, Netflix enabled. Also I would like to see a way too bluetooth the BB QWERTY keyboard to input, rather than buying a bluetooth keyboard. Just think of the room that can save on a 7'' screen?

Is it better than the iPad right now? No, but the potential is most certainly there, especially if the BB Bridge feature is fine tuned. So far I am liking it, but obviously there is room for improvement in tweaking it...
    04-25-11 10:52 AM
    I bought the PB last Friday so I would have the weekend to figure it out. My kids were visiting over the weekend too. They and my wife are Xoom users, so they were interested in comparing the two side by side. My wife was more interested in where I may have gotten the money to buy it.
    In the end the bridge feature was a big plus, and if BBM became a part of that it would be awesome. Also the screen on the PB was brilliant compared to their Xooms and an old Ipad they brought along. The size factor was also considered a plus, which surprised them as they were critical of the 7 inch idea. We took pictures to compare the cameras. The Playbook appeared to be the clear winner in that respect also, but when we transfered the pictures to a desktop, they were about the same. It was the Playbook screen/display that made the pics look so much better than the Xoom. I should say it is the Xoom/Ipad screen/display that made the pics look not as good as they really were.
    04-25-11 11:12 AM
    Completely forgot about that thing!! Thank you! I've been getting P/O'd at Perspective's posts.
    Put the PlayBook down and go outside and get some air. It's not worth getting P/O or upset over someones comment about a device on a discussion board especially someone you're not very likely to meet in person.

If you like/love your PlayBook that's all that should matter.

Perspective is a little over the top but there is a little truth in what he's saying.
    04-25-11 11:12 AM
    Look it is an amazing device considering its a baby OS. All the problems seem to be software related. The power button isn't THAT big of an issue if you ask me. If you PB haters don't realize that thousands of apps don't just pop up overnight for a BRAND NEW OS, you are plain dumb. When iPhone first came out, there weren't a million apps out at time. It took them time to get to that point. Developing for the Playbook is easy, and it will get better in terms of app availability over the summer.

What I have to say to all of you who are hating so bad on the PB - STAY OUT of these forums as its not meant for you. If you don't have the device, you have absolutely no right to be talking bad about it. If you don't like it, keep your opinion to yourself and go join iPad forums and talk as much trash there as you want. This is a great device for it being BRAND NEW. RIM has never done something like this before and I believe it is a great step in the RIGHT direction. Anyone who doesn't have this device in the end is missing out imo.
    04-25-11 11:30 AM
    Look it is an amazing device considering its a baby OS. All the problems seem to be software related. The power button isn't THAT big of an issue if you ask me. If you PB haters don't realize that thousands of apps don't just pop up overnight for a BRAND NEW OS, you are plain dumb. When iPhone first came out, there weren't a million apps out at time. It took them time to get to that point. Developing for the Playbook is easy, and it will get better in terms of app availability over the summer.

What I have to say to all of you who are hating so bad on the PB - STAY OUT of these forums as its not meant for you. If you don't have the device, you have absolutely no right to be talking bad about it. If you don't like it, keep your opinion to yourself and go join iPad forums and talk as much trash there as you want. This is a great device for it being BRAND NEW. RIM has never done something like this before and I believe it is a great step in the RIGHT direction. Anyone who doesn't have this device in the end is missing out imo.
    I don't think RIM needs a million apps but I do think they should have had developed some of their owns apps into PB app for release.

Disagree with that last bolded statement also. People shouldn't be rude about their dislikes about a device though and because someone doesn't have one doesn't mean they haven't tried it out and shouldn't be able to comment on it.
    04-25-11 11:42 AM
    facts are facts your right. But I was commenting more on what I know.

Canadian rates + prices.

Bell.ca - shows ipad data at 35-45 depending on data required. Talk about R@pe.

And tethering with Bell is free. This I know.

Hope that helps
    not free, it costs data usage from the plan
    04-25-11 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD