- CrackBerry Addict
- 759 Posts
No Java on PlayBook, no worries...
Experts urge PC users to disable Java, cite security flaw | Reuters
Critical Java vulnerability made possible by earlier incomplete patch (Updated) | Ars Technica
US-CERT Alert TA13-010A - Oracle Java 7 Security Manager Bypass Vulnerability
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-12-2013, 07:07 PM #4
- 252 Posts
Thanks for the post OP.
For Windows here is the link on the Java site showing HOW TO: How do I disable Java in my web browser?
I would think by now Oracle would have issued a statement, but Dept of Homeland Security says nothing in their update. Still no patch. Remember, while other versions have their issues, this is all about Java 10. All the news articles I saw said to disable, but not how. Most people won't know what to do.
Anybody know if other mobile platforms are vulnerable?
01-12-2013, 08:07 PM #5Wallpaper Changer HD for BB10 A MUST HAVE APP - Automatically rotates your wallpaper - Now with battery % meter, weather and more!
- 4,743 Posts
Leave It On - Take control of your backlight, keep the blacklight on for any app you want like Google Maps & BBM, light up with new msgs and pop-up now!
SixTools - The essential app for OS6 & OS7 users
BB10, BBOS &PLAYBOOK games apps, and more!
- CrackBerry User
01-13-2013, 12:51 AM #6
- 47 Posts
I use several sites that need Java and Java-Script so I'd very much like a tablet that does supports it. However I guess that's not going to happen so I'm stuck with using my main PC. Not a major problem but for me it would be nice to have Java on a the PB.
- By DadaThePanda in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 7Last Post: 04-23-2012, 06:48 PM
- By jaxjag1950 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 2Last Post: 02-19-2012, 08:21 PM
- By TurboTiger in forum AndroidReplies: 14Last Post: 02-16-2012, 09:36 PM
- By faustoops in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 15Last Post: 02-03-2012, 08:24 AM
- By ale7714 in forum Theme Developers CornerReplies: 3Last Post: 11-07-2010, 02:08 PM