Is this something we will see? Or do others get groups? No where to be found on mine, I have the latest bbm release from appworld, and bridge of course.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-11 08:41 AM
    Because once again, RIM rushed out a feature without completing it first.
    05-02-11 08:46 AM
    Because once again, RIM rushed out a feature without completing it first.
    Maybe because everyone was screaming they wanted it now? RIM just can't win right now can they, personally I think the timeline and feature set RIM is rolling out is fine for now. Though I expect them to get better over time.
    Zwickliffe, bluemax413 and dkingsf like this.
    05-02-11 08:55 AM
    I am the same. I got BBM but only for individual contacts. I hope groups come SOON!
    05-02-11 09:02 AM
    As much as most of you know I'm the last one to ***** about RIM and usually the one defending, but without groups this is half assed.

05-02-11 09:05 AM
    Maybe because everyone was screaming they wanted it now? RIM just can't win right now can they, personally I think the timeline and feature set RIM is rolling out is fine for now. Though I expect them to get better over time.
    I agree they can't. People complain about no BBM on the PB, now they complain about how there aren't any groups. Can't you people be satisfied? I know I'm completely satisfied with finally having BBM on my PB. I don't care if there's groups or not, there is a nice search function.
    05-02-11 09:06 AM
    U guys are bunch of hard to please human beings. When u guys want bbm rim brings it out asap for u

05-02-11 09:13 AM
    I agree they can't. People complain about no BBM on the PB, now they complain about how there aren't any groups. Can't you people be satisfied? I know I'm completely satisfied with finally having BBM on my PB. I don't care if there's groups or not, there is a nice search function.
    Might have something to do with RIM fumbling the ball so much over the last few years all their free passes have been used up and now people want them to show they can get their act together.

05-02-11 09:14 AM
    am i the only one seeing multiperson chat capability? is that not good enough for people?
    05-02-11 09:16 AM
    am i the only one seeing multiperson chat capability? is that not good enough for people?
    Multiperson chat isn't the same as groups. Groups lets you organize your BBM contacts while Multiperson chat, well, lets you talk to multiple people. So no, that probably doesn't satisfy them either. I thought finally having BBM would but I guess I was mistaken, for the most part. I'm sure some people are happy with just finally getting BBM on the PB.
    05-02-11 09:18 AM
    If you went into a restaurant for a meal, and the servers were taking a long time to serve, so much so that you had to complain, would you then be satisfied if they rushed out a half cooked meal to you?

I know I wouldn't be.
    05-02-11 09:22 AM
    If you went into a restaurant for a meal, and the servers were taking a long time to serve, so much so that you had to complain, would you then be satisfied if they rushed out a half cooked meal to you?

I know I wouldn't be.
    Not to mention this is a $600 bill at the restaurant.

It would be a different story if we were told that groups will be included (in the future).

Don't get me wrong, I am loving my playbook, bbm or not.
    05-02-11 09:29 AM

I know I wouldn't be.
    Depends on your definition of "a long time to serve", The playbook is less then 2 weeks old and I think upgrades are rolling out at a pretty nice speed. You can't write apps overnight... well not good ones at least.

This reminds me of something I tell my clients: "I have 3 types of service... Good, Fast, and Cheap... pick any 2." So you have a choice, wait a while for so they can release perfect apps, be happy apps with basic functionality are rolling out now, or we all send a check to RIM for another $500.
    05-02-11 09:39 AM

I know I wouldn't be.
    You can't compare technology to food. That doesn't work. Technology takes a lot more time and work then cooking food does. Technology can't be perfect as soon as it's released. No piece of technology ever has been.
    05-02-11 09:44 AM
    Groups will come RIM is stepping up their game. The future may actually be getting brighter

05-02-11 09:48 AM
    You have to bear in mind that this new version of BB Bridge ONLY brings BBM functionality to the Playbook when the Bridged BlackBerry has the current Betazone release of BBM. A decision you take to choose to allow pre prelease, potentially buggy code onto your device.

At this point we have no right to complain groups are not there as this is not final release code, who knows there may be another Betazone release of BBM that does bring across groups to the Playbook before BBM is publically updated.

To go with the restaurant theme... This is not your final cooked meal, this is the chance to taste the ingredients.
    edyts likes this.
    05-02-11 09:49 AM
    You can't compare technology to food. That doesn't work. Technology takes a lot more time and work then cooking food does. Technology can't be perfect as soon as it's released. No piece of technology ever has been.
    That's a good call. No tech is ever perfect from the get-go. Things take time

05-02-11 09:50 AM
    You have to bear in mind that this new version of BB Bridge ONLY brings BBM functionality to the Playbook when the Bridged BlackBerry has the current Betazone release of BBM. A decision you take to choose to allow pre prelease, potentially buggy code onto your device.

At this point we have no right to complain groups are not there as this is not final release code, who knows there may be another Betazone release of BBM that does bring across groups to the Playbook before BBM is publically updated.

To go with the restaurant theme... This is not your final cooked meal, this is the chance to taste the ingredients.
    Just a tease.........
    05-02-11 09:56 AM
    BBM on over bridge also works just fine with the newly released 5.0.3.22 BBM for your phone, you don't NEED the 6.0.0.73 the beta zone members are using...

Also, groups has additional functionality that I'm sure takes more work to build in properly. (Lists, calendars, pictures, etc) I'm glad they pushed out what they have working currently as it is FAR better then having no BBM at all.

As a bonus, the new bridge app seems to fix up some other issues. (Bridge browser with user login is a big one for me)
    05-02-11 09:59 AM
    I really dont get the culture of "settling" for what RIM puts out on these boards... BBM Groups happen to be where i spend the bulk of my time in the application and while some may not, thats not reason to excuse its absence (with "well at least we got something") Fact is that it's part of BBM and not supporting it over bridge is not full BBM support. There is a proper way to do things, not being timely is not OK and neither is not fully delivering. I hate excuses.

Is it the end of the world ? No, Is it still not done properly ? YES.
    05-02-11 10:23 AM

This is incorrect. I upgraded to the newest BBM and Bridge this morning, upon notification of new production releases and they work together fine. Not BETAZONE versions of either.
    05-02-11 11:49 AM
    Maybe because everyone was screaming they wanted it now?
    I'd really hope that as an established company they have way more business savvy then that. People could scream until they're blue in the face. You get it when it's right
    05-02-11 11:54 AM
    I really dont get the culture of "settling" for what RIM puts out on these boards... BBM Groups happen to be where i spend the bulk of my time in the application and while some may not, thats not reason to excuse its absence (with "well at least we got something") Fact is that it's part of BBM and not supporting it over bridge is not full BBM support. There is a proper way to do things, not being timely is not OK and neither is not fully delivering. I hate excuses.

Is it the end of the world ? No, Is it still not done properly ? YES.
    Great points! BBM groups is what I love about BBM. Without groups, for me it's no different then texting.
    05-02-11 11:57 AM
    Linking to BBM groups is a big issue and has been for a long time. If anyone here uses SOTI for blackberry that application also doesnt allow you to use bbm groups so give it a chance people. And that a paid app whilst bbm bridge is free
    05-02-11 12:30 PM
    well said! that is the problem one day people are crying for features, so rim releases them but not fully. Then they start crying because its missing little things. People you are the reason why rim is falling down! Relax and let rim work. for fu*k sakes the iphone did not have any sort of multi-tasking untill the iphone 4 and no one ever really complained about that. be glad that blackberry has had that for quite some time now!
    05-02-11 12:30 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD