My ds sys my playbook os is 1.xx but in my playbook is it os 2 go so i
    Turnd te pb off and connect it to ds and i sys update and downloade 450mb
    And it only moved like 10% or so and a error coms up retry or cansel tryd 4 tymes
    Lost 900mb in dis prosse ds verson. 7 latest and my pc is windows vista
    06-30-12 06:29 PM
    06-30-12 06:31 PM
    I dont ander stan if i dit not exsplain it propelie pleas let me no
    06-30-12 06:35 PM
    If English is your second language, you might seek help in your primary language if it is common and maybe someone can help.

Do you have a good wifi connection? Can you got to another place like a cafe or library which might have better wifi? But now you might need a computer do use Desktop Manager.
    KermEd likes this.
    06-30-12 07:18 PM
    F2 is right use desktop manager if you are having that many problems and ensure your PlayBook is fully charged.
    06-30-12 07:47 PM
    F2 is right use desktop manager if you are having that many problems and ensure your PlayBook is fully charged.
    If I understand I think he/she was using Desktop Manager but I'm not sure.
    06-30-12 08:08 PM
    And it only moved like 10% or so and a error coms up retry or cansel tryd 4 tymes
    If I understand correctly. Desktop manager is saying the PB has OS1 but the PB is saying OS2. If that is the case then there is no update to be downloaded.
    I remember reading about people with that problem but I don't know of any solution.
    Maybe a delete and reinstall of desktop manager?
    jafobabe likes this.
    06-30-12 08:15 PM
    The first time that I turned on my Playbook, it attempted to download the 2.0 update. The dowload went extremely slow, and it would always stop with an error.
    I went to an internet caf� and it worked: the download took 10 minutes and installed fine.

I hope I understood your problem correctly and that this helps.
    06-30-12 08:15 PM
    Here's my translation:
    My Desktop Manager software says my PlayBook is OS 1.xx but on my PlayBook it is OS 2, so I turned the PlayBook off and connected it to Desktop Manager and it says "update" and starts to downloads 450 MB. But at around 10% or so an error pops up with options to retry or cancel. I tried 4 times. I lost 900 MB in this process. I have Desktop Manager version 7 (the latest) and my Computer is running Windows Vista.

Hopefully this translation will help somebody help this person.

Now, as to the actual problem at hand, as long as your PlayBook is running OS 2.0.1.xxxx then don't worry what the Desktop Software says. It's just a glitch in the Desktop Software.
    jafobabe and KermEd like this.
    07-01-12 10:48 AM
    tanks i will leav the dm my playbook runs os 2.0.1xxx enjou your day

Sent from my BlackBerry Tapatalk
    07-01-12 10:57 AM
    Here's my translation:
    My Desktop Manager software says my PlayBook is OS 1.xx but on my PlayBook it is OS 2, so I turned the PlayBook off and connected it to Desktop Manager and it says "update" and starts to downloads 450 MB. But at around 10% or so an error pops up with options to retry or cancel. I tried 4 times. I lost 900 MB in this process. I have Desktop Manager version 7 (the latest) and my Computer is running Windows Vista.

Hopefully this translation will help somebody help this person.

Now, as to the actual problem at hand, as long as your PlayBook is running OS 2.0.1.xxxx then don't worry what the Desktop Software says. It's just a glitch in the Desktop Software.
    Also if you're using the newest DM and you do hit update it will erase everything on the pb and install the OS again then DM should say you have the version you have.
    07-01-12 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD