Aren't the folders supposed to show in email accounts accessed via Messages? I have an Inbox, Sent Drafts. None of my other folders, which hold all my important emails, exist, nor is there an obvious way to access them. And since they don't exist, I can't file emails into the, making the Messages application rather useless. I have to go into webmail or gmail via the browser to use my email accounts properly. Is it designed this way or is mine corrupted somehow?
    03-05-12 03:29 PM
    Aren't the folders supposed to show in email accounts accessed via Messages? I have an Inbox, Sent Drafts. None of my other folders, which hold all my important emails, exist, nor is there an obvious way to access them. And since they don't exist, I can't file emails into the, making the Messages application rather useless. I have to go into webmail or gmail via the browser to use my email accounts properly. Is it designed this way or is mine corrupted somehow?
    It is my understanding that Folders will only show for exchange accounts that are present when you first setup the account, and will not update folder changes that are made after the account is created. Also only folders will show, not the emails that are contained within them.

Mike
    03-05-12 03:32 PM
    What type of account are you accessing? My the understanding is that Gmail doesn’t actually use folder, but tags or labels.
    03-05-12 05:03 PM
    Same here, sorta. My gmail folders show up, but are mostly empty. Was also a surprise to notice that the trash icon at the bottom of messages didn't send them to trash folder, but rather deleted them.
    03-05-12 05:45 PM
    Gmail uses folders. They existed on my main gmail account when I opened it in PB. But none show up on the PB.

Just noticed Calendar 'disappeared all my entries made last week for a month-long trip in April. Actually, all my entries are gone. Thanks Rim. I'm learning not to depend on this gadget. Guess I'll use my ipod touch for serious stuff. I never lose anything from it.

Edit to add: Whew, I have my calendar entries back. I noticed there existed on my ipod, where they had automatically synced, so I (somehow) managed to re-sync my PB calendar (not sure exactly what steps did it) and the entries reappeared. Still, it is disturbing that they can be so easily 'lost'. I've never had that kind of disappearing trick on my ipod.
    Last edited by brianatbb; 03-05-12 at 07:16 PM.
    03-05-12 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD