yes a flash would be awesome. but it takes nice pics. and yes once again. take ur pic 2 seconds in advance . cuz its long to snap.
    but apparently its fixed on is2.0 .
    great idea with the phone and the pb .
    really,there is less shutter lag? that would be great.....
    01-14-12 08:42 PM
    yeah but she hasn't shot her eye out yet, has she???

lol, thats a great movie..
    Thats a story for a different forum.
    Less lag with the stabilization turned off it seems. I'm using the beta on my primary PB so it may be different.
    01-14-12 09:00 PM
    Thats a story for a different forum.
    Less lag with the stabilization turned off it seems. I'm using the beta on my primary PB so it may be different.
    ok, im not running the beta so hopefully it will be better.
    01-14-12 09:05 PM
    I dont know about anyone else but I expected the camera not to be perfect. I have yet to see any camera thats not on a phone work well because most of them did not have flash for it. I did get excited about the 1080p video recording for both cameras.

5MP isn't "a lot" of pixels, most smart phones have 5-8MP. The big deal was the fact it could take 1080p videos for me.
    01-14-12 09:37 PM
    I dont know about anyone else but I expected the camera not to be perfect. I have yet to see any camera thats not on a phone work well because most of them did not have flash for it. I did get excited about the 1080p video recording for both cameras.

5MP isn't "a lot" of pixels, most smart phones have 5-8MP. The big deal was the fact it could take 1080p videos for me.
    I've been pretty impressed with the videos. They have been very good for me. There seems to be a difference between the video and picture cameras. I really have no complaints against the video, just the pictures. I 've taken some vids that looked great and in the same lighting, the still pics look quite grainy.

It's def not a question of pixels. In great lighting the camera takes great pictures. If you're indoors at night tho, yeesh......
    xKrNMBoYx likes this.
    01-14-12 09:50 PM
    Funny... I could swear I had posted a picture...
    Yes, but I had not gotten there yet. I had been thinking of a C-clamp to hold them together.
    01-14-12 10:20 PM
    Yes, but I had not gotten there yet. I had been thinking of a C-clamp to hold them together.
    you should try some duct tape in there too. RIM is a canadian company. lol

If you dont know what I mean then check out some red green show. haha
    01-14-12 10:31 PM
    I'll give you points for ingenuity!! I bet that actually works pretty good? I'm def gonna steal that idea... thx

and albee, I looked at the spec sheet for the playbook up and down, many times. I never once thought to look for the camera flash, because I honestly assumed it would have one. I would still buy the playbook knowing it didn't have a flash, but I think it should have had it.

Nobody's whining here and I'm not anal about photography, we were just having a conversation. We've got 3 cameras and they're all in their cases, in the comouter room. My playbook is usually within arms reach already turned on and ready to go. So when my 8 month old daughter decides to entertain us, it is much quicker and easier to grab the pb and snap a pic.

Maybe you didn't understand what I was getting at so I'm happy to explain it to you.
    I apologize, I have become calloused to all the threads complaining about old news. Funny I never scrutinized the spec sheet and did the opposite and assumed it would not have flash. This could be a great reason for someone to make an small light to attach to our playbooks. Something less cumbersome than our friend with the bb stack. Hey i got it, how about a case with a built in light?
    01-14-12 10:36 PM
    Hey i got it, how about a case with a built in light?
    I've been thinking the same thing. My CaseMate Pop case seems to have enough space that they could put a thin battery and LED in the back of it. I might have to buy another one and take the Dremel to it...
    01-14-12 11:14 PM
    i agree that the ca,era is horrid indoors but during the day in good sunlight its not bad.

lol i had thought your flash support (browser) stopped working cause of the title
    01-15-12 02:25 AM
    you should try some duct tape in there too.
    You try that and let us know, ok?
    01-15-12 07:59 AM
    One of those very thick, wide rubber bands might leave less residue that duct tape.
    01-15-12 10:30 AM
    Go for it Scionic! Then get them into production before the next refresh that has flash included.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-12 10:42 AM
    its better than an ipad? great, tell that to all my crappy photos.

So do you hold your phone up with the camera light on, and then hold up your pb with the other hand and take the picture? That is super convenient!!

I don't understand why it doesn't have a flash. It would've added what, probably $20-30??

Do any tablets have a flash? This seems like a no brainer. Phone cameras have had a flash for a few years now.
    Some phone camera phones have had flash for years. Not all phones have a flash. It would be nice if they did but they don't.

James
    01-15-12 10:51 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD