So i got my playbook this morning, got everything set up, pb os is at 1690. bridge installed on my torch, and the bridge is working.

But where is my BBM? why dont i have it on my playbook?
    04-19-11 06:58 AM
    You don't have access to it on the Bridge tab??

mine isn't set up yet, and I didn't bring the right computer with me today to set up the Bridge on my phones, so I wont be able to test till later, but I would think it would be on the Bridge tab.

BUT maybe I read Kevin say BBM wasn't usable yet..
    04-19-11 07:06 AM
    you have to use a new version of BBM. I cant find a link to the newer version though. Not sure if the new version even works as it should
    04-19-11 07:10 AM
    You need to upgrade your Torch to the new BBM version (which may or may not be out yet). For native BBM, that'll possibly be coming later, but no sooner than summer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 07:11 AM
    Does anyone know what version of BBM needs to be installed on the phone for the bridge to work?
    04-19-11 07:16 AM
    trying the betazone version. will report back.

****EDIT****

nope,the betazone version didnt work either.

******EDIT 2********

the leaked bbm 6 also does not enable bbm on the pb via the bridge still doesn't show up.

this is frustrating as this was one of the major features for me. i still love my pb, but i really wanted bbm via bridge on my desktop.
    Last edited by adammcewen; 04-19-11 at 08:30 AM.
    04-19-11 07:37 AM
    trying the betazone version. will report back.
    Thank you sir, I'm still waiting on my PlayBook to arrive and I was wondering if this version would work or not.
    04-19-11 07:41 AM
    Wait......so if you don't have the updated BBM version, Bridge doesn't work at all, or just BBM via Bridge doesn't work???

I am confused.

And releasing PB without BBM functionality....really????
    04-19-11 08:15 AM
    Wait......so if you don't have the updated BBM version, Bridge doesn't work at all, or just BBM via Bridge doesn't work???

I am confused.

And releasing PB without BBM functionality....really????
    I don't think anyone officially knows, maybe it will be pushed out today
    04-19-11 08:22 AM
    Everything works except there is no bbm icon on the playbook when bridged

04-19-11 08:43 AM
    Ah, ok. Thanks!
    04-19-11 08:51 AM
    Yeah, BBM icon isn't on mine either. This is BS.
    04-19-11 08:52 AM
    That really sucks. One of the main reasons I wanted the playbook was because I can bbm on the thing along with everything else.
    04-19-11 08:52 AM
    I have to believe that this is a very short-term thing. Go back to this video:

At the 2:00 mark Ryan Biden talks about BBM being one of the things available through Bridge.

Would be a small demerit if they can't get this going ASAP!
    04-19-11 09:07 AM
    ya i've got BBM 6 beta and it doesnt show up either Donkey balls lmao
    04-19-11 09:09 AM
    The user guide lists the following as being available with Bridge: Messages (i.e., email, not BBM), Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Memos, Bridge Files, and Bridge Browser.

I did a search in the pdf on "BBM" ... no hits. Also tried "messenger" but no hits on that either.

There was a lot of discussion on whether or not BBM would be included as a Bridge app ... I guess now we know the answer ...
    04-19-11 09:12 AM
    anyone still arguing this is a "finished" product now lol
    They will be releasing an update to bbm that will allow bbm functionality. The beta versions and bbm6 have been tested and don't change the scenario.

Just be patient and when appworld tells you to update bbm, you'll know why

Bridge Browser for me doesn't sync with my device browser. I don't see my bookmarks from my BB.
    04-19-11 09:14 AM
    sucks that BBM isnt available yet but lets be patient
    04-19-11 09:34 AM
    anyone still arguing this is a "finished" product now lol
    Lets just say I wouldn't be running out to 'show up' any iPad or Xoom users right now.

I'm not disappointed per se, but I'm certainly not over whelmed at my initial experience.
    04-19-11 09:34 AM
    I hope I'm reading this wrong, but look at this page in the Blackberry website manual for the PB and what functions show when Bridge is set up...

About BlackBerry Bridge - User Guide - BlackBerry PlayBook tablet - 1.0

No mention of BBM at all. Unless it falls under "messages" which I take to be only email, or am I wrong? (Please, let me be wrong!)
    ========
    Edit: Sorry, Urbanguy above just covered this already.
    04-19-11 09:36 AM
    I reached out to RIM for a statement on BBM.

When I was working on my review, they told me that Bridge supports BBM, but you need a newer version of BBM on your phone that has yet to be released. Not sure of the version number or when they're releasing it...trying to find out.

Hopefully soon!
    simsim and theblackberryguy like this.
    04-19-11 09:36 AM
    I reached out to RIM for a statement on BBM.

When I was working on my review, they told me that Bridge supports BBM, but you need a newer version of BBM on your phone that has yet to be released. Not sure of the version number or when they're releasing it...trying to find out.

Hopefully soon!
    thanks kevin....see if you can find out about the ATT deal too
    04-19-11 09:39 AM
    No BlackBerry Messenger via BlackBerry Bridge on the PlayBook at launch - Software Update coming within a few weeks to enable it | CrackBerry.com

From RIM:

...a software update for BBM functionality is expected to be available within a few weeks, and customers will be able to download the software update over-the-air.
    04-19-11 09:54 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD