I need to change the title of this original thread. Especially after many days and hours of Verizon Customer Support calls and visit to the local Verizon Store. Verizon does allow Bluetooth tethering with the Mobile Broadband Connect plan. Yet they'll still inform the customer that they don't support Bluetooth. Especially since there are so many Verizon phones with different Bluetooth features.

I'd like to thank Jose at the local Verizon store in clearing the air on the terminology to use when calling Verizon to add Mobile Broadband Connect so the Playbook can easily be tethered to the BB phone.

Using the Bluetooth feature on your Playbook and Verizon BB phone you are able to tether. Here are the simple steps:

1. Call Verizon Customer Service and have Mobile Broadband Connect added to your plan. It is $20/monthly for 2 GB and $20 Per-GB Rate After Allowance

2. Your all set now and ready to tether via Bkuetooth.

3. Follow the steps for tethering in this RIM DEMO

On the Top of the Navigation Bar/Left side

Your Blackberry Tablet> Connections > Bluetooth

Have Fun!

I'm still having issues with tethering on Verizon and as are a couple of other people.

The tethering works at first glance but dumps you out after about 5 minutes of being connected which is totally obnoxious.

Not sure what's causing it at the moment - Verizon is telling me everything looks good as far as my account goes...
    04-26-11 09:03 PM
    I'm still having issues with tethering on Verizon and as are a couple of other people.

The tethering works at first glance but dumps you out after about 5 minutes of being connected which is totally obnoxious.

Not sure what's causing it at the moment - Verizon is telling me everything looks good as far as my account goes...
    I had the same problem yesterday while tethered to a Playbook on a Staples Demo model that was connected to Wi-Fi. I changed the setting to Bluetooth and connected no problem on my Curve 8330 but then it dropped as you described. Tried again and did the same.

Today I went back to see if it was just some sort of glitch. Turns out it must of been some sort of glitch as my connection stayed on real strong on the second day.
    04-26-11 09:11 PM
    I had the same problem yesterday while tethered to a Playbook on a Staples Demo model that was connected to Wi-Fi. I changed the setting to Bluetooth and connected no problem on my Curve 8330 but then it dropped as you described. Tried again and did the same.

Today I went back to see if it was just some sort of glitch. Turns out it must of been some sort of glitch as my connection stayed on real strong on the second day.
    It seems to come and go and tends to be fixed by restarting the playbook but not always.

Driving me crazy O.o
    04-26-11 09:18 PM
    I have the mobile connect with Verizon, except all of my data usage is counted in the mobile data section of the usage page. Even set with tethering data never counts, I may just cancel the plan if Verizon isn't counting correctly.
    04-28-11 07:21 PM
79 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD