I went to work today at 11 AM (BestBuy open at 11AM) and there was a huge line up to buy Playbook. When I told them that we don't have any left and we are getting new ones on Sunday, one customer yell at me calling me a f**&king ***** and other came crashing through the doors.

I only work part time at BestBuy while going to school. I was surprised that some people have so much love for the Playbook after the price drop.

I just wanted to share this story because when we started selling Bold 99xx we had five customers at max standing at the door. I hope I posted this tread at the right section here..

Nice to see a line up for a RIM built unit!
    11-20-11 05:25 PM
    11-20-11 05:33 PM
    Good that people are still buying
    11-20-11 06:05 PM
    Yay!!!!!!!! Thought the playbook was a fluke. Even the iPad 2 doesn't have that long of lines

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-11 08:11 PM
    Yay!!!!!!!! Thought the playbook was a fluke. Even the iPad 2 doesn't have that long of lines

I'm sorry, but the PB lines can't be compared to the iPad 2 lines at all. Inventory was sold out at launch, at full price.

At first when I read the front page of CB about this I was pretty pleased. Then I realized that there's not much to gloat about when lines form because of a price drop. Happened for the HP touchpad as well didn't it? Having said that, I can only console myself that at least more people are going to get their hands on QNX and experience it for themselves.
    11-20-11 08:44 PM
    Nice to hear that people buy Blackberry Playbook
    11-21-11 07:48 AM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Playbooks are selling well everywhere right now ....good thing .....

11-21-11 07:54 AM
    I wouldn't be getting to excited about this, they are practically giving them away, so it's not as if people are lined up to buy them at regular prices, are they now??? It's like when HP gave theirs away a few months ago.....at some point if they are cheap enough people will buy them.....and regarding iPAD lines, trust me, when the iPAD3 finally gets released, the lines will snake for miles, and it will be to buy them at full price, not 50% off. Wake up, smell the coffee, the PB is never going to be a contender no matter what RIM does, you are simply grasping at straws. They need to focus on new phones or there won't be a RIM to make anything much longer, despite this strange belief that RIM is 'to big to fail'. They aren't, by any means.

I went to work today at 11 AM (BestBuy open at 11AM) and there was a huge line up to buy Playbook. When I told them that we don't have any left and we are getting new ones on Sunday, one customer yell at me calling me a f**&king ***** and other came crashing through the doors.

I only work part time at BestBuy while going to school. I was surprised that some people have so much love for the Playbook after the price drop.

I just wanted to share this story because when we started selling Bold 99xx we had five customers at max standing at the door. I hope I posted this tread at the right section here..

Nice to see a line up for a RIM built unit!
    11-21-11 07:56 AM
    Hilarious.

I love optimistic people as much as the next guy, but wow. If it was raining asteroids, I believe some of you would smile contentedly and see it as a win for intergalactic science, even as a space boulder was crushing your heads.

11-21-11 08:37 AM
    the more ppl with a pb in their hands, the better chance we have getting more big app developers to make their apps for the pb. the reason the pb doesnt have apps now is becuase app devs dont believe that they will make money off them. this is indeed important because pb apps are rumored to work on the BBX devices coming next year, and in this day and age you cannot have a successful phone without apps. So even though its a price drop, its a great thing that they are moving these devices ITS VERY VERY IMPORTANT.
    11-21-11 11:41 AM
    I wouldn't be getting to excited about this, they are practically giving them away, so it's not as if people are lined up to buy them at regular prices, are they now??? It's like when HP gave theirs away a few months ago.....at some point if they are cheap enough people will buy them.....and regarding iPAD lines, trust me, when the iPAD3 finally gets released, the lines will snake for miles, and it will be to buy them at full price, not 50% off. Wake up, smell the coffee, the PB is never going to be a contender no matter what RIM does, you are simply grasping at straws. They need to focus on new phones or there won't be a RIM to make anything much longer, despite this strange belief that RIM is 'to big to fail'. They aren't, by any means.
    Yes knower of all things. Why can't it become a contender? It doesn't have to be number 1 or 2 even. You say RIM needs to focus on phones eh, well WTF do you think the playbook was for? I'll tell you. It was to get a foot in on the tablet market and at the same time to be a test bed for their new OS to wrinkle out bugs and fixes so they didn't do this with phones and completely kill their phone market. So they are focusing on their new phones.
    11-21-11 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD